Tuesday nighs game in perspective !!!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading Vs Burnley 2nd Leg Sponsored by Optijisim

by Kitson12 » 11 May 2009 21:00

John Peel Oh my god, I still can't believe people think we can do it. Sorry to spoil the optimism. I am usually an optimist but I've finally succumbed.

At home, we have scored one goal (that was our own) since 9 January and haven't won since 27 January. Our pitch is awful, the players have (even more so now after that) no confidence and some of them are just waiting for the transfer window to open. We have about as much chance of winning as Gordon Brown has of winning the next election.

It ceases to amaze me how people can still be optimistic about getting to Wembley. Fair play to you though. I wish I was the same!

Nice to see you've been following the team :lol:

nev monkey

Semi-final 2nd leg not the score prediction thread

by nev monkey » 11 May 2009 22:17

The fans will start off right behind the team, great atmosphere at first will soon turn to utter frustration. The team will get booed off at half time.
Hahnemann will spend 90 minutes wildly slicing the ball either out of play or straight to Burnley's centre halves.
Both full backs will panic every time they receive the ball under a bit of pressure & hammer the ball towards the corner flag.
Both full backs will panic even when they're not under pressure & either hammer it towards the corner flag or pass sideways to either centre half who will hammer the ball towards the corner flag.
Matejovsky will make two or three brilliant balls into Long. Long won't read them.
Matejovsky will make at least 17 awful passes to the opposition or out of play.
Kebe will continue to do an impression of coco the clown. The crowd will continue to get excited every time he gets the ball & then groan loudly several seconds later when he falls over/runs out of field/crosses into the stand/can't be arsed.
Steven Hunt will come on a second half sub. Everyone will shout "come on hunt you owe us a performance" Hunt will then get the ball & either run into the next defender he sees or knock the ball past the defender in an effort to skin him, before remembering that he isn't very fast. he will then take every free kick & put every one into the first defender he can find.
Our midfield will lack pace, creativity & guile. However they will run around a lot. Should Harps be fit, expect lots of pointing.
Kitson will spend most of the game on the wing. This will be most notable when we do eventually manage to put in a good cross.
Coppell will remain motionless during the entire game & then afterwards tell the press that he has no idea what went wrong.

Or not.... :wink:

firstdivision

Re: Semi-final 2nd leg not the score prediction thread

by firstdivision » 11 May 2009 22:27

Whew thanks for that, I don't need to go now :?

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 11 May 2009 23:00

I'm sorry I'm just going to have to have a complete optimism overload!

I don't care that we've not looked like winning at home for months; or that all our strikers used up their goals in the 1st half of the season and now couldn't find a net on a blxxdy trawler; or that our best and most passionate defender has just thrown his last Reading shirt away; or that SSC has finally given up pretending he can motivate players; or that... etc.

I really don't care about any of that because while there's still time to score we MIGHT just do it, irrespective of logic, skill, commitment, or whatever. At least that sort of miracle is more likely than some that a few million others go around believing...

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 11 May 2009 23:08

It's not good news that Doyler is currently missing a second leg. I feel for the lad, having to hop one just the one for 90 minutes.

Still, Mooney is supposed to be in some kind of goal-scoring form, so there's hope there if SSC can remember who he is.

Night'all,

TB

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tuesday nighs game in perspective !!!

by Man Friday » 12 May 2009 12:52

Spot on, nev monkey.

Burnley have never won at the Madejski...(mind you, they don't need to tonight).