Harper Appreciation Thread

234 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Harper Appreciation Thread

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Sep 2009 14:29

Huntley & Palmer LET IT GO MAN

I posted a farewell to Harper. That's all.

If others want to take issue, I'm happy to oblige.

Bring it on.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 02 Sep 2009 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Sep 2009 14:35

Alan Partridge
Would Rodgers, the way he's done business wiht the senior players have offered Bryn something?

Somehow i doubt it. Certainly won't be here next season.

Just getting a contract this season shows how highly he is rated given all the departures we've seen.

Who knows if BR would have done the same (or if he had any input into the contract being offered) but he did give him a start at Barnsley having shown no signs of doing the same for Harps or Marek.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 02 Sep 2009 14:37

Will miss him
(and his 'ring piece' - listen to this, not sure want the inhabitants of the Steel City will make of him)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 233734.stm

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Sep 2009 14:44

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge
Would Rodgers, the way he's done business wiht the senior players have offered Bryn something?

Somehow i doubt it. Certainly won't be here next season.

Just getting a contract this season shows how highly he is rated given all the departures we've seen.

Who knows if BR would have done the same (or if he had any input into the contract being offered) but he did give him a start at Barnsley having shown no signs of doing the same for Harps or Marek.

Harper has been involved, Rosenior has played every game. Marek isn't as fit as Rodgers wants him to be but he's sadi at the forum he has a future here. Gunnarsson having signed a deal pre Rodgers was already here and there was nothing BR could do about it. Just personally doubt Rodgers would have offered him something.

I found it ridiculous at the time and still do that Squeeky made decisions on players futures, either staying or going. Should have been left solely to the new manager.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Sep 2009 14:47

I don't really read the Team Board so can someone tell me what all the shizzle with Woodcote Royal and Harper is about?

Mikeharps15
Location: Founding member and President of the James Harper Appreciation Society

by Mikeharps15 » 02 Sep 2009 14:59

Harper has always been my favourite player at the club ever since i started watching about 8 years ago. Not only is he a good footballer, but he also gave 100% everytime i watched him. He always played football with a smile on his face and is a good role model for any professional footballer to follow.
I feel he has been unfairly treated at Reading by the fans and the new managerial team. One example of this was the other day watching him against Sheffield United. Karacan had been on the pitch all day passing backwards and sideways, with supporters cheering him on, as soon as Harper came on and did a sideways pass, a section of the home "fans" stood up and shouted at him for doing so!
I hope he is fully appreciated by the fans and manager up at Sheffield as they not only have a good player but a gentlemen to boot. Good luck in the premiership next season Harps! All the best.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 02 Sep 2009 15:00

Mikeharps15 Harper has always been my favourite player at the club ever since i started watching about 8 years ago. Not only is he a good footballer, but he also gave 100% everytime i watched him. He always played football with a smile on his face and is a good role model for any professional footballer to follow.
I feel he has been unfairly treated at Reading by the fans and the new managerial team. One example of this was the other day watching him against Sheffield United. Karacan had been on the pitch all day passing backwards and sideways, with supporters cheering him on, as soon as Harper came on and did a sideways pass, a section of the home "fans" stood up and shouted at him for doing so!
I hope he is fully appreciated by the fans and manager up at Sheffield as they not only have a good player but a gentlemen to boot. Good luck in the premiership next season Harps! All the best.

MIKEHARPS!!!!!!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Sep 2009 15:01

Mags. Woodcote didn't like Sidwell so he'll take any chance he can to belittle him.

I will miss Harps immensely, one of my favourite players at the club ever. At the club for the whole of my adult life.

Think Rodgers is a t*sspot and even if we get success I still won't like the guy.

Mikeharps15
Location: Founding member and President of the James Harper Appreciation Society

by Mikeharps15 » 02 Sep 2009 15:02

donface
Mikeharps15 Harper has always been my favourite player at the club ever since i started watching about 8 years ago. Not only is he a good footballer, but he also gave 100% everytime i watched him. He always played football with a smile on his face and is a good role model for any professional footballer to follow.

MIKEHARPS!!!!!!

Alas it is me. Having not posted for a long while, the treatment of Harper has brought me out of the woodwork!!

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 02 Sep 2009 15:05

Mikeharps15
donface

MIKEHARPS!!!!!!

Alas it is me. Having not posted for a long while, the treatment of Harper has brought me out of the woodwork!!

:o

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Sep 2009 15:05

Just thinking. Did they get rid of him to avoid having a testimonial game?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Sep 2009 15:07

Archie's penalty Mags. Woodcote didn't like Sidwell so he'll take any chance he can to belittle him

Ah I see, cheers.

Sidwell probably the best Reading player of all time after Glen Little, but then I guess you all knew that.

TBF to Harper he has made a massive contribution to the progress of the club since he joined and should be respected for that.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Sep 2009 15:08

Top geezer.Daft as a brush. Silly socks and armband. Infectious. Annoying. Goal against the Scallies.
Cheers, Harps.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Sep 2009 15:10

Archie's penalty Just thinking. Did they get rid of him to avoid having a testimonial game?

If that was truly the case, then they would have done their damnedest to avoid Murty having his testimonial. :roll:

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 02 Sep 2009 15:17

Woodcote Royal
As I've said countless times in the past, Hughes did a good job a left back, especially for a right footed player.

Massive LOLLY.

Anyway, great goal against Palace, great arm waving technique and nothing passes for the last couple of seasons. Times, they are a changing so it's time to go.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in with Utds style of play.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Sep 2009 15:18

Mike Harps!!

One Harps legend leaves and one returns!

How sweet................
:shock:

Mikeharps15

by Mikeharps15 » 02 Sep 2009 15:27

I'm not going to make a habit of posting, but i just felt the urge to post my appreciation for Harper as he is a quality footballer and person.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Sep 2009 15:29

Archie's penalty Just thinking. Did they get rid of him to avoid having a testimonial game?

Grow up.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Sep 2009 15:31

Archie's penalty Mags. Woodcote didn't like Sidwell so he'll take any chance he can to belittle him.

It's truly sad that the tiny minds that infest this forum don't understand if I wanted to slag off Sidwell I'd have made a far better attempt than anything I said in farewell to Harper........................which was intended merely to point out that Harper should be playing at a similar level but has failed to realise his true potential.

For the record, though, I said Sidwell was replaceable when he left and nowhere good enough to stand the faintest chance of breaking into Chelsea's midfield.

Whilst Coppell failed to replace him I've seen nothing from Sidwell since he left to change that view and it's truly sad to see how little first team football he's played in that time even though he's had some good performances for Villa.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Sep 2009 15:31

winchester_royal

Grow up.

It was a serious question. And for the record I am 29 you little twerp. You don't own the board so stop pretending like you do.

234 posts