BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Dec 2009 22:40

PEARCEY
Terminal Boardom We need a permanent manager in place in time for the Swansea game. That way he can see the players on home turf and see them for what they are. January becomes a massive month for us as a football club.

Indeed and at least any new manager can wheel and deal in January.......but what a bloody mess this all is.
Still we should expect this from our club. Apart from a couple of seasons Reading FC has tended to flatter and deceive.

Agree with both comments. My fear is Rodgers took the job on knowing that there was little transfer funds and now 6 months on how much is available for the new guy ( Come on everyone, bound to be Ferguson ), feck all I suspect.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 22:46

Yorkshire Royal
RoyalBlue And I'm surprised that your post didn't show a little more understanding of what makes Madejski tick. I suspect he didn't sell then because he was far too busy lording it up with his famous friends on TV whilst the eternally grateful public of Reading hero-worshipped him. And even if that was the case, the sale would have only been at his price and on his terms, and I question how realistic both those would have been.

How on earth does anyone know about a clause in the contract requiring keeping his name on the stadium. How can anyone call building a hotel in a massive business park in the South East a bad idea – doesn’t the hotel make a profit anyway? You conveniently forget the training ground and other infrastructure.

In fact I can’t be bothered to continue. Some of the drivel on this board in recent weeks has been embarrassing for the species. How people can have a naïve view of finance, accountancy and football astounds me. Unless you are all 12 or something? SDR wrote something the other day on another thread that was nothing short of libelous.

Nobody wants to buy Reading FC. Our Chairman is not prepared to get the club in massive debt. He does not have huge amount of money to invest. Deal with it and grow up. I’m not even a massive fan of the guy, but even so try and live in the real world, not some tragic premier league tainted, football manager inspired hell that half of you are part of.

Effing hell can you really not see Madejski for the type of person he is?!!

Of course we know f*ck all because he's the type of man who doesn't think anything is the business of anyone but himself. Business genius or in the right place at the right time? Maybe both? Just how well are his businesses doing and how many plaudits do you see him receive from business experts?

And just because people don't share your complete faith in the Chairman doesn't mean that they don't have a pretty good understanding of finance, accountancy and football and aren't pretty successful in business themselves.

Given the odds are hopefully outlive the man in question, maybe I'll give some more reasons as to why I feel the way that I do at some time in the future. In the meantime I can only offer my opinion and it is only my opinion. There are things about him as a character that I have seen and personally don't like. Of course I may be wrong but I like to think myself a pretty good judge of people and it hasn't let me down before.

Again, I could be wrong about everything and I could be doing the man an injustice, only time will tell.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 16 Dec 2009 23:58

I wish he'd leave our club alone. He has lined his pockets (wheres the money gone???); now its time to walk

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 17 Dec 2009 09:51

Banging head against wall... Walk? Where? NO ONE WANTS TO BUY US.

RoyalBlue, you seem totally unable to read and understand a simple point btw. But stick to your deluded bullshit all day anyway..

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 17 Dec 2009 10:03

I most certainly blame Madejski; the man has gone down completely in my estimation. I respect people who make their decisions with care and then stand by them. I expected Madejski to be full square behind Rodgers and ignore the bleating of the foolish and impatient. Rodgers must feel he's been totally let down and stabbed in the back by Madejski.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Dec 2009 10:06

Blue_Elm I wish he'd leave our club alone. He has lined his pockets (wheres the money gone???); now its time to walk

Lined his pockets with what? The accounts clearly show he has not taken a penny out of the club but has instead invested millions (hence the long term loans on the balance sheet).

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Dec 2009 10:22

Perhaps there's a bigger picture here Tamworth. The hotel cost c £17M to build (well that's the Chairman's loan outstanding on it anyway). It is owned 100% by the football club. It brings in currently £500K after tax profit annually. I think we can all agree that to survive football clubs need alternative income streams to supplement gate receipts etc.

So on the one hand, the club could have spent £17M on players who have a limited shelf life and who's value eventually dwindles to zero, or you invest £17M in a tangible asset that will retain its value to a large degree, and provide you with a handy annual income. Yes the £17M of players may have kept us in teh Prem or got us there aearlier, and we may have benefited from increased Sky revenue, but the risk of the return would have been far too high. A more staid, sensible investment in the hotel will probably prove of far better value in the long run.

I have been one of Madejski's biggest critics over many things he has or hasn't done over the years, but in this instance I feel he has brought his not inconsiderable business acumen to bear very positively.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 17 Dec 2009 10:25

Wycombe Royal
Blue_Elm I wish he'd leave our club alone. He has lined his pockets (wheres the money gone???); now its time to walk

Lined his pockets with what? The accounts clearly show he has not taken a penny out of the club but has instead invested millions (hence the long term loans on the balance sheet).

It's a lost cause Wycombe. Just give up.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Dec 2009 10:59

Yorkshire Royal
Wycombe Royal

It's a lost cause Wycombe. Just give up.

I know, but it gives me something to do during my working day........

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 17 Dec 2009 12:10

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Dec 2009 12:15

Blue_Elm

FAIL.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 17 Dec 2009 12:18

I saw it elsewhere and thought for the benefit of HNA to bring it over... it bought a smile to my face

Forest Gump

Lack of encouragement from the Board

by Forest Gump » 17 Dec 2009 13:06

I think Rodgers had to go but I don't think it is the only change necessary at the Club. The Chairman may be thinking that Brendan can be used as a scapegoat and carry all the blame away with him but, if so, he is under-estimating the opinions of the supporters in general. We know that the Club has been mis-managed over the last two years or so and that unfortunately most of those responsible are still involved.

What kind of signal does it send to the supporters and - of course - players/potential players to announce that you are going to enlarge a stadium whether we stay in the PL or not and then a few months later to announce that plans are put on hold. Maybe it was inevitable to postpone the investment but if you are not sure you can do something don't FFS announce that you can.

And why enlarge the capacity of a hotel that, frankly, no-one will want to stay in at the expense of providing funds for the team. The management were not able to provide enough funds for Coppell to re-build so someone with much less experience, like Rodgers, never stood a chance.

After Coppell we were left with, in effect, Hammond in charge. Typically, rather than try to protect the team for the new manager TCH's first move was to remove any player who had the personality to stand up for himself.

Hammond is a lame duck Dof now and must must must go soon.

Madejski must come out of his bunker and tell us WTF is going on. He must be honest and tell us what the financial situation is rather than the typical "we are pushing for the PL" bullshit. He must then say that he is keen to get in the best manager available and that (somehow) funds will be made available. Players will not necessarily sold (though some of BR's more dubious signings will have to move on) and players may be recalled from loans.

In reality I think we'll hear nothing until the end of the transfer window.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lack of encouragement from the Board

by readingbedding » 17 Dec 2009 13:07

Please merge.
Thanks.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 17 Dec 2009 13:10

Agreed... the people who are at fault are still in control of club affairs

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Dec 2009 13:13

After Coppell we were left with, in effect, Hammond in charge. Typically, rather than try to protect the team for the new manager TCH's first move was to remove any player who had the personality to stand up for himself.

:|

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 17 Dec 2009 13:53

Blue_Elm Agreed... the people who are at fault are still in control of club affairs

agreed, hammond has un-picked all of the good work done by steve coppell

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Dec 2009 14:53

Blue_Elm Agreed... the people who are at fault are still in control of club affairs

And the alternatives are?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 17 Dec 2009 14:55

Forest Gump And why enlarge the capacity of a hotel that, frankly, no-one will want to stay in at the expense of providing funds for the team.

Why the heck do you think no-one would want to stay in the hotel? :|

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 17 Dec 2009 15:05

I suspect occupancy rates are not particularly high given the current financial climate and the increased local competition from the recently opened Hilton.

Just like Sir John's foray into property development, the hotel expansion is very unfortunately timed.

188 posts