Hob Nob Addict

Re: BLACKPOOL (H) MATCH THREAD

by SLAMMED » 21 Nov 2009 18:15

YOUU BEAUTYY!!! :D :D :D

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Nov 2009 18:15

Ian Royal A game that was so nearly the same old story.

Carved open chances a plenty but couldn't put them away. Allowed Blackpool right back into the game after battering them most of the first half and squandered the initiative at the start of the second half. Penalty turned down, goal ruled out for offside.

Go ahead against the run of play and then almost immediately conceed. Blackpool sounded like they had the better of the second half. But we win it at the death.

That breaks the Home curse. It shows tremendous fight and persistent to get a late winner in the circumstances. You can feel the pressure lift. This team has been tearing the opposition apart for swathes of games but hasn't been able to get the finishing and results right.

We now go into an away game against Derby who are in trouble with a great chance of getting our first two game winning streak. We're unbeaten in three now. It's coming, but we're still a fragile beast and I have my doubts still about Rasiak or Church upfront alone.

Hope Kebe and Church aren't badly injured.

Agree totally Ian. I Defensively we are way too fragile. The one up front will work provided that the midfirld get up in support which happened today.

An enjoyable game spoilt by the withdrawal of the Sig. Why wasn't Howard taken off instead?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Nov 2009 18:20

Thank god for that, the run predictably ended with a ridiculous amount of injury time and some alamo style defending.

Great support today given most had gone 301 days without seeing a win, the club owes them a debt of gratitude.

I don't rate Rodgers and think he's done a lousy job with his resources so far but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be pleased for him as he stood on the pitch in the pouring rain shaking each player by the hand and then saluting the fans.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Nov 2009 18:24

howser 'greed brendy it was always going to take time, interesting to see this week depending on how bad Church is injured as to whether or not wee see how the egomonsters determination is to get us back to the Premiership with the funding for a loan striker or if he still is in the "cloth cutting" mode and we have to make do wiih just the one fit striker. Think I know what the answer to that one will be !!

Our dire shortage of quality strikers nearly cost us dear once again today. Created numerous chances and wasted far too many. On another day that would have worked against us. To start a home game with only two strikers in the squad is a joke!

Not Rodgers' fault at all. Tight arse Madejski threatens to destroy everything he has achieved during his reign by his stubborn refusal to invest in the final missing pieces of the jig saw.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 21 Nov 2009 18:26

Schards#2 Thank god for that, the run predictably ended with a ridiculous amount of injury time and some alamo style defending.

Great support today given most had gone 301 days without seeing a win, the club owes them a debt of gratitude.

I don't rate Rodgers and think he's done a lousy job with his resources so far but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be pleased for him as he stood on the pitch in the pouring rain shaking each player by the hand and then saluting the fans.

..whist the Egoman is in his dry warm surroundings, with his many grape feeders, explains to his D list celebrity friends, his plans to call the Reading Central development after himself...no change there then!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Nov 2009 18:30

Schards#2 Thank god for that, the run predictably ended with a ridiculous amount of injury time and some alamo style defending.

I'm coming round to Rodgers, other than that agreed. I think he's largely at fault for our predicament and the fact we needed a major reversal that would take time to build. But I think he's made his mistakes and is now setting them right. Can't ask for more than that once the errors have been made and we're in the mire.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Nov 2009 19:44

There has never yet been a great manager who failed to learn from his mistakes.