Funniest moments as a Reading supporter

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Funniest moments as a Reading supporter

by Rex » 10 Mar 2010 08:50

Also at Derby. The concourse was pure madness.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 10 Mar 2010 10:03

Para Handy

Am I the only one who finds it weird this picture was posted by Para Handy...?

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 10 Mar 2010 10:15

Definately the time when the tannoy was left on and you heard the stadium announcer rip into Caskey. Im pretty sure it was against Swindon and that the announcer was no more!! Another classic was Rotherham away in an entertaining 0-0. At half time Darren Byfield was voted as Rotherhams player of the month and presented with a tray of local butchers best cuts- his face was a picture!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 10 Mar 2010 13:20

Big Foot Inflatable penis at Wigan and Blackburn was funnier IMO

Spotted on MOTD after a goal in the Blackburn game :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Mar 2010 14:07

Has anyone mentioned the bloke who invaded the pitch at Bournemouth in 1994, tucked a Gilkesy goalbound effort away at the far post before running off to celebrate behind the goal by kicking a sound-boom up in the air.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 10 Mar 2010 14:18

floyd__streete Has anyone mentioned the bloke who invaded the pitch at Bournemouth in 1994, tucked a Gilkesy goalbound effort away at the far post before running off to celebrate behind the goal by kicking a sound-boom up in the air.

^^ Top evening out.

Mate drove down from Buckingham to pick us up. He was dressed as Cap'n Feathersword because we told him it was fancy dress and, as we were away at Bournemouth, we'd all go as pirates. Seemed funny at the the time. Even funnier when we piled in to a pub in Ringwood on the way down and matey strolls in as if nothing out the ordinary.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 10 Mar 2010 14:41

Was that the Thursday night game at Bournemouth?? Hacked it down the whole night??

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Mar 2010 15:06

In the concourse at Wolves away, the season before the piss throwing - someone had brought one of those big, thick rubber balls - no disimilar to todays gym balls. It was being punted all over the shop, and because the ceilings are quite low at the Molineux, it was only a matter of time before someone got covered in beer

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 10 Mar 2010 18:50

Big Foot Norwich at home 03 or 04 at Easter. Norwich fan fell down the stairs of the block nearest Y26 :lol:

QPR away 04 or 05, fan in the stand to our right who looked like Dirty Den from Eastenders :!:

I was at that game, we won 2 - 1 I believe, but the likeness was to Phil Mitchell not Dirty Den. Although we won the game, this is the only thing that I remember about it.

To add to this then at the time I was working at the Sheperd's Bush Empire, and I worked that nighjt wearing my Reading shirt, A QPR fan was thrown out after I baited him into aggression (knowing that I had 20 carribean bouncers backing me up.)

hutch

by hutch » 10 Mar 2010 19:13

Hugo Boss Was that the Thursday night game at Bournemouth?? Hacked it down the whole night??

I`m pretty sure it was, we got onto the terrace a good hour before kick off, got soaked to the skin and didn`t we lose 2-1 to boot!!!!

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 10 Mar 2010 19:20

It was certainly an evening game, Mr Boss, and I think it was Thursday just before end of season. Yes, big night out with the lovely Bournemouth grannies and chavettes.

Did we embarrass ourselves? 8-)

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 10 Mar 2010 20:23

Hugo Boss Was that the Thursday night game at Bournemouth?? Hacked it down the whole night??

This game had originally been scheduled for the following May Bank Holiday weekend, the penultimate game of the season, but only 4 years before Leeds had been down on a BH and dismantled the town. The old bill shat it moved it to Thursday evening and, for the first time ever, away fans were given the stand down the side as well as the normal away end. Bournemouth fans still fume about that.

During that game, during the pitch invasion after Gilkes "scored" two fellas made a bolt for the South End to give it a bit of large in front of the Bournemouth fans, only to be collared by Shaka who grabbed one on each arm, turned them round and sent them back to the terrace!