Back From The Game - Watford; Thoroughly Deflated

130 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back From The Game - Watford; Thoroughly Deflated

by brendywendy » 25 Apr 2010 18:45

ridiculous thread so far, lol at moning about nothing games.
anyone with a bit of nous could have seen that coming

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2010 19:53

Ian Royal
lowerwestjnr
MmmMonsterMunch Get a grip you suicidal lot. Watford had everything to play for in front of their home fans - we had nothing to play for.

Only ever going to be one winner today. We have a shite record there anyway.

This team has done phenomenally well since BM took over. They can't play brilliant every week & perhaps adrenaline has been keeping them going thus far. Now they have nothing to play for, it's inevitable they will take their foot off the gas. So fecking what?!

LOL at slagging off Griffin. Some people on here crack me up.

feck off you pLOLastic pcunt.. After watching trash like that we can criticise our players. And yes i never liked Griffin so i can slag him off when he plays like he did.

Infact did you even go today?

I went yesterday. If you don't like Griffin, it must be the only game you've been to. That or you're educationally subnormal.

I didn't ask you if you did, because i had seen that you were talking about the game, whereas that guy/kid was not..

Also i have been to alot of games this season, and from the day i heard we signed Griffin i wasn't overjoyed.. i have never sung his name, and have yet really to be impressed by him. (btw this is my opinion so try not to get to many hard on's over it and Erage) thanks :)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Apr 2010 19:54

lol- was definitely you then, gave him a good slaggingh after the 3rd goal!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2010 19:56

Then I'm afraid I consider you rather wrong in the head, that you don't want us to have a player who has largely been excellent since coming here and has never shown any attitude problems here or put a foot wrong with the fans.

Try and look beyond your irrational prejudice.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2010 20:09

Ian Royal Then I'm afraid I consider you rather wrong in the head, that you don't want us to have a player who has largely been excellent since coming here and has never shown any attitude problems here or put a foot wrong with the fans.

Try and look beyond your irrational prejudice.

We valued his experience, not his skill.. That’s all i will say :lol:

@Brendy yes, think i told him to go to Stoke, not come back etc..

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Apr 2010 20:11

I would suggest you get yourself a hard-on & relieve some of that tension lowerwestjnr..

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Apr 2010 20:13

I really don't see the problem with Griffin. Has been a breathe of fresh air to have a decent right back who, I believe, has a reasonable amount of skill and control, can pick a pass occasionally, and is a good all rounder with regards to tackling, heading, etc.

If we manage to secure at least another season loan of him, I will be more than happy.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2010 20:16

MmmMonsterMunch I would suggest you get yourself a hard-on & relieve some of that tension lowerwestjnr..

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Apr 2010 20:17

SLAMMED I really don't see the problem with Griffin. Has been a breathe of fresh air to have a decent right back who, I believe, has a reasonable amount of skill and control, can pick a pass occasionally, and is a good all rounder with regards to tackling, heading, etc.

If we manage to secure at least another season loan of him, I will be more than happy.

+1 Him, Zurab & Bertrand have been immense for us.

themadstad

by themadstad » 25 Apr 2010 21:00

To be fair no one stood out yesterday. Watford deserved their victory and it can't have been totally unexpected. Ok it's not what we want to see but Watford had to play for survival and us bugger all. Although, imo, I didn't think Watford would go down. I did and still do think it'll be Sheffield Wednesday!

As for Griffin, he's been great for us, and when yesterday we didn't even play as a team it's unfair to pick out Griffin. However, I thought he looked quite disinterested and for that reason I fear maybe he'll not be here next season!

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 25 Apr 2010 21:58

I have a question for lowerwestjnr ....

Who would you rather have playing at right back ..... Griffin or Cummings?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Apr 2010 23:24

Wasn't surprised in the slightest with the result, given the way we played at Scunthorpe and the implications in-store this was a home banker on the football acca's, but even I was shocked at that level of performance. We were 2nd best all over the park and barely mustered a chance in-front of goal. Watford were good value for their win.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 26 Apr 2010 00:11

lowerwestjnr We valued his experience, not his skill.. That’s all i will say :lol:

That's wrong.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 26 Apr 2010 02:55

handbags_harris
Big Foot LOL @ the fickleness of our fans, singing Griffin for England one week then telling him to fcuk off back to Stoke the next. Idiots

Couple that with loads of people near me next to the away fans chanting "Come on Wednesday" and "going down" when Watford were 3-0 up :roll:

To be fair, anyone who sings Griffin for England in the first place deserves an LOL.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Apr 2010 03:37

floyd__streete I am going to put as much effort into these 'back from the game' thoughts as the players did during yesterday's 'game'.

Clever... but self-defeating on that account.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 26 Apr 2010 07:59

lowerwestjnr
MmmMonsterMunch I would suggest you get yourself a hard-on & relieve some of that tension lowerwestjnr..

Proves how much you need to grow the f*** up in my opinion and as for all the stuff you have said about Griffin that is your choice but you need to respect that others don't agree with you. Instead of keeping on get over the game, yes it was bad and awful to sit through but hey it's a game move on to the next one!

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 26 Apr 2010 09:19

After the run we have had these past few months it is difficult to criticise this performance under the circumstances. Shit happens.
McDermott has managed to coax an improvement from almost every player, but going forward I don`t think his one dimensional approach is going to be so effective over next season`s forty six games. This idea of getting the ball quickly into the last third and playing from there is fine, but when it doesn`t come off, as at Plymouth and Watford, we look like a shambolic bunch of hoofers and lack the size and muscle for the physical battle.
We need to pass and move better and look for ways to move the opposition around. The full backs retreating to the touchline to receive the ball off Federici might be a start...... and sign a striker that can hold the ball up, develop the play and still bag twenty goals a season. I have joined Alan Partridge in the Jason Scotland fan club.
Last edited by Negative_Jeff on 26 Apr 2010 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 26 Apr 2010 09:30

1871 Royal I have a question for lowerwestjnr ....

Who would you rather have playing at right back ..... Griffin or Cummings?

I haven't seen Cummings play tbh, so i really can't comment.

Royal, thats cool, but for posting an opinion i get shot down in flames, so i defend my opinion.. I'm not asking others to agree with it.

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 26 Apr 2010 10:43

Negative_Jeff After the run we have had these past few months it is difficult to criticise this performance under the circumstances. Shit happens.
McDermott has managed to coax an improvement from almost every player, but going forward I don`t think his one dimensional approach is going to be so effective over next season`s forty six games. This idea of getting the ball quickly into the last third and playing from there is fine, but when it doesn`t come off, as at Plymouth and Watford, we look like a shambolic bunch of hoofers and lack the size and muscle for the physical battle.
We need to pass and move better and look for ways to move the opposition around. The full backs retreating to the touchline to receive the ball off Federici might be a start...... and sign a striker that can hold the ball up, develop the play and still bag twenty goals a season. I have joined Alan Partridge in the Jason Scotland fan club.

Fully agree with all this. Our one dimensional tactics are now known to the opposition who are stopping us playing. Just close down the wingers, don't give Gylfi time on the ball, and we're not a force to be reckoned with. Brian's brilliant honeymoon is now over - last eight games W2 D3 L3 isn't promotion form - and he now has the difficult job of getting the team in order for next season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Apr 2010 12:30

midfield diamond
Negative_Jeff After the run we have had these past few months it is difficult to criticise this performance under the circumstances. Shit happens.

Fully agree with all this. Our one dimensional tactics are now known to the opposition who are stopping us playing. Just close down the wingers, don't give Gylfi time on the ball, and we're not a force to be reckoned with. Brian's brilliant honeymoon is now over - last eight games W2 D3 L3 isn't promotion form - and he now has the difficult job of getting the team in order for next season.

Here comes the Bipolar mob again. :roll:

130 posts