Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
westongeezer

Re: Buyout

by westongeezer » 19 Dec 2013 16:01

yuuichi 1000th post and TOTP

:)

Best post ever award i think, but i dont know what it is thats drawing me back to this picture.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 19 Dec 2013 16:20

Wish it was my Chopper between her legs

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 19 Dec 2013 16:43

No Hoops Wish it was my Chopper between her legs

Is that a euphemism?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Dec 2013 16:52

yuuichi 1000th post and TOTP

:)

I rode one of those when I was younger, could keep going all day too. A great ride, nice and soft but able to cope when it got dirty.

Isn't she in Phone Shop?

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 19 Dec 2013 16:56

I deliveried a old rusty Chopper bike this week and she paid £250 for it.
Apparently a good one in good condition will fetch £10000.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 19 Dec 2013 17:19

Uke
I rode one of those when I was younger, could keep going all day too. A great ride, nice and soft but able to cope when it got dirty.

She sounds like the ideal woman.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Dec 2013 17:31

Badger Finger
Uke

She sounds like the ideal woman.

Of course I was talking about the bike, we had a few in Norcot Hill and all got to have a ride

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 19 Dec 2013 20:06

Uke Agree, he's not board member.

But he who controls the purse strings...

The FD is always the person with the real power in a company

Not in this instance, or the club would never spend any money at all

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Dec 2013 22:17

I'm pretty sure I'd read on here from one of the STAR lot, perhaps Dirk whilst he was still small time enough to be with them that they had shares but a tiny amount that didn't add up to even 1%. Which is of course what the companies house info says according to Uke. I couldn't be arsed to call anyone on 43% though because I was just going off memory and didn't know how to prove it either way.

SPARTA seems to be having a bit of a 'mare with his sources.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 19 Dec 2013 23:23

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 20 Dec 2013 10:49

So, to those fans that couldn't accept we could be in any form of trouble just because we are still talking about new training grounds etc.. Nigel Adkins surprised Charles Watts today and admitted his January signings may not happen due to the "uncertainty over Anton".. We're unlikely to get anything more official than that for a while, but it's most certainly enough to confirm that there are problems with AZ backing the club - whether that be temporary or a new owner is being sought as we are hearing, we'll just have to see.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 20 Dec 2013 10:50

Ian Royal I'm pretty sure I'd read on here from one of the STAR lot, perhaps Dirk whilst he was still small time enough to be with them that they had shares but a tiny amount that didn't add up to even 1%. Which is of course what the companies house info says according to Uke. I couldn't be arsed to call anyone on 43% though because I was just going off memory and didn't know how to prove it either way.

SPARTA seems to be having a bit of a 'mare with his sources.

I haven't said how many shares they have - have a read back. All I said was what I was told, and that is SJM now owns 43%, AZ we know has 51%, others have the remainder. If that's wrong then that is wrong, but I haven't stated STAR have x amount.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Dec 2013 10:59

SPARTA So, to those fans that couldn't accept we could be in any form of trouble just because we are still talking about new training grounds etc.. Nigel Adkins surprised Charles Watts today and admitted his January signings may not happen due to the "uncertainty over Anton".. We're unlikely to get anything more official than that for a while, but it's most certainly enough to confirm that there are problems with AZ backing the club - whether that be temporary or a new owner is being sought as we are hearing, we'll just have to see.

Here's the link

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... fc-6433936

Everything is well, everything is fluffy, I believe in the Anton

Everything is well in fluffy bunny land

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Dec 2013 11:48

Uke
SPARTA So, to those fans that couldn't accept we could be in any form of trouble just because we are still talking about new training grounds etc.. Nigel Adkins surprised Charles Watts today and admitted his January signings may not happen due to the "uncertainty over Anton".. We're unlikely to get anything more official than that for a while, but it's most certainly enough to confirm that there are problems with AZ backing the club - whether that be temporary or a new owner is being sought as we are hearing, we'll just have to see.

Here's the link

Hardly - anyone who reads that and thinks Adkins is doing other than confirming that there are huge problems behind the scenes is bonkers.

Clearly there are huge problems! The only issue is will whoever is now in charge (JM or Anton or ANO) agree to keep Baird and Sharp. I cannot see much chance of any other inward action and if there are financial issues some players could go.

It will be an interesting month and we will know a lot more about the future of RFC by 31st Jan.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Dec 2013 12:01

Uncertainty =/= huge problems.

Clearly all is not well with Mr Anton, but ownership issues are pretty common place in business and I'm sure plenty is being done to find new investment and given the st8 of the club that shouldn't be too hard.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Dec 2013 12:17

andrew1957
Uke Here's the link

Hardly - anyone who reads that and thinks Adkins is doing other than confirming that there are huge problems behind the scenes is bonkers.

Clearly there are huge problems! The only issue is will whoever is now in charge (JM or Anton or ANO) agree to keep Baird and Sharp. I cannot see much chance of any other inward action and if there are financial issues some players could go.

It will be an interesting month and we will know a lot more about the future of RFC by 31st Jan.

Did the jif not give you a clue?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Dec 2013 12:46

winchester_royal Uncertainty =/= huge problems.

Clearly all is not well with Mr Anton, but ownership issues are pretty common place in business and I'm sure plenty is being done to find new investment and given the st8 of the club that shouldn't be too hard.

Except we dont know the state of the clubs finances. And do we really want the type of person that is currently buying in to football clubs, an owner in Cardiff comes to mind.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Dec 2013 13:44

From memory STAR do have a small number of shares, but given the dominance of SJM/ AZ even that small number makes them one of the top 10 biggest shareholders !

Interesting about the January spending. If there is going to be literally no money to spend then that makes things a bit tricky. However if it just means no transfer fees but money for wages etc will be found then there is a challenge to Adkins. Too many managers rely on splashing cash and for me a proper manager should be able to sniff out a player or two for next to nothing who will fill a gap etc. Coppell did it regulalry, time to step up and prove yourself Nigel !

I also think it's time for some of the young prospects to follow in the footsteps and McCarthy, Pearce, Karacan and Obita and play a role. I suspect Taylor might be of more use to us than Akpan, Ugwe or Tanner might offer more than Blackman. We can moan about lack of cash or we can make the most of what we have. I'd enjoy seeing a few youngsters giving it a go rather than what we currently have and given we are not going to get close to relegation I want us to give these youngsters their break if we aren't in the market for proven players.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Dec 2013 14:08

I think we'll see someone leave in January ALF or Mcanuff or both, which will free up wages and some transfer funds to make give the funds for Billy Sharps fee as he is clearly Adkins preferred forward.

An attacking midfielder would be nice but we have SOOOO many forwards, too many really, that it is the kind of luxury we can't really afford if they are being sensible.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 20 Dec 2013 14:37

My gut feeling is McCarthy will go. We could get big money for him, which would pay for Sharp and Baird and maybe one other, and still leave some spare for the club to dedicate towards the wage bill. With Federici on the bench it's the one sale that will hurt us least. Still a massive massive loss though, granted.

8685 posts