The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

1445 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2012 21:56

So all the f8cking moronic Feds' haters are out in force again and enjoying the moment. However, before pinning the blame on him for the loss, listen to the verdict of two people who do know something about football.

Keegan: 'You have to look at the poor defending as the cause of this goal, then you can blame the keeper. But the defending was completely naive.'

Burley: 'Look at Jay Tabb for the most stupid challenge in the entirety of the Premier League'.

So, yes Feds could have done better but others did worse.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Dec 2012 22:07

:|

Yeah, let's try and blame the others when Federici tried to do a Cruyff turn when under pressure. Actually, he did blame his defenders.

Yeah, let's try and blame the others when Federici kept making poor clearance after poor clearance.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 01 Dec 2012 22:15

Federici - good championship keeper - has not made the step up to the premier league standard - like a number of the current team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Dec 2012 22:20

RoyalBlue So all the f8cking moronic Feds' haters are out in force again and enjoying the moment. However, before pinning the blame on him for the loss, listen to the verdict of two people who do know something about football.

Keegan: 'You have to look at the poor defending as the cause of this goal, then you can blame the keeper. But the defending was completely naive.'

Burley: 'Look at Jay Tabb for the most stupid challenge in the entirety of the Premier League'.

I don't think there's any dispute that the defence (and midfield) are terrible defensively. But that's no excuse for Federici dropping clanger after clanger. When you have a crap defence you need a keeper playing well. A lower proportion of defensive errors result in goals than keeping errors.

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 02 Dec 2012 01:48

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue So all the f8cking moronic Feds' haters are out in force again and enjoying the moment. However, before pinning the blame on him for the loss, listen to the verdict of two people who do know something about football.

I don't think there's any dispute that the defence (and midfield) are terrible defensively. But that's no excuse for Federici dropping clanger after clanger. When you have a crap defence you need a keeper playing well. A lower proportion of defensive errors result in goals than keeping errors.

When you have a crap defence its hard for a keeper to play well when he is having so many clear cut chances against him, it must be impossible for him to keep his confidence when he is conceding so many with chances that he can't do anything about. I agree he is out of form and should probably get dropped but the replacement is a lad who has never even played at championship level never mind prem so who is to say he is going to be any better.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fatty Federici's Failboat

by Wimb » 02 Dec 2012 07:17

Ideal

FFS, Bibbo retired years ago and looks to be in much better shape than Federici! And he's holding about 8-10 items in a secure grip, meanwhile Feds will drop any item like it's on fire.

lol at using a picture from at least 2 seasons ago to make a point :lol:

Cypry

by Cypry » 02 Dec 2012 08:00

Interesting that Feds makes a cock up with a back-pass/clearance, which didn't result in a goal and suffers the wrath of some sections of HNA, yet when McCarthy passed a clearance straight to the opposition a few games back, it was barely worth a mention...?

As Hansen pointed out on MotD, if anyone was to blame for the first and third, you could point the finger at Morrisson, there was little any keeper could have done about Rooneys goal from open play other than guess which way he might hit it, and hope, and the fourth goal was a stupid penalty given away by Tabb but then Morrisson and Tabb seem to be the current flavour of the moment, so let's blame Feds anyway....

Of the three keepers available, Feds is the best option IMO, and I'll back him rather than look for an opportunity to slate him every game....

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Dec 2012 08:19

I'm turning on the debate. I've been a Feds fan from the beginning, but he's reminding me of those woeful times he replaced an injured Hahnemann a few seasons ago. He was immense last season (and could be again if we go down) but i'm now going to have to declare myself as swayed to the drop Feds camp.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 02 Dec 2012 09:10

He could be worse, tbh I have more of a problem with his attitude and how quick he is to blame everyone else but himself

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2012 16:46

comeonyouroyals
Ian Royal

When you have a crap defence its hard for a keeper to play well when he is having so many clear cut chances against him, it must be impossible for him to keep his confidence when he is conceding so many with chances that he can't do anything about. I agree he is out of form and should probably get dropped but the replacement is a lad who has never even played at championship level never mind prem so who is to say he is going to be any better.

You quite often see keepers in the best form behind a crap defence. And I don't accept that having lots of shots raining in on you excuses you from dropping clangers on a regular basis.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2012 16:48

Cypry Interesting that Feds makes a cock up with a back-pass/clearance, which didn't result in a goal and suffers the wrath of some sections of HNA, yet when McCarthy passed a clearance straight to the opposition a few games back, it was barely worth a mention...?

As Hansen pointed out on MotD, if anyone was to blame for the first and third, you could point the finger at Morrisson, there was little any keeper could have done about Rooneys goal from open play other than guess which way he might hit it, and hope, and the fourth goal was a stupid penalty given away by Tabb but then Morrisson and Tabb seem to be the current flavour of the moment, so let's blame Feds anyway....

Of the three keepers available, Feds is the best option IMO, and I'll back him rather than look for an opportunity to slate him every game....

The major difference is McCarthy made a couple of mistakes we weren't punished for and Federici is making regular mistakes, some of which we are punished for.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Dec 2012 18:15

Royal Ginger he's reminding me of those woeful times he replaced an injured Hahnemann a few seasons ago.

smh

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Dec 2012 21:32

How many decent defences has anyone seen that had a cr@p 'keeper behind it :|

Hopefully, the transfer window will tell us all just where the club sees Federici's future taking place.

If only McDermott had stuck with McCarthy in 2010 we might be enjoying our second season in the top flight with Long and Sigurdsson still in the hoops, rather than having to read FOR THE 1000TH EFFING TIME about Federici's fantastic form last season just because he managed to cut out many of the basic errors that have blighted his career.

Like Church, he's had all the chances he deserves 3 times over and shown himself to be average in the Championship and a liability in the top flight.

If Taylor isn't close to getting a start, his wage is a complete waste of money.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Dec 2012 21:35

I think you should be typing in CAPITALS Woodcote :wink:

Calm down...its not your money

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Dec 2012 23:43

Woodcote Royal If only McDermott had stuck with McCarthy in 2010 we might be enjoying our second season in the top flight with Long and Sigurdsson still in the hoops, rather than having to read FOR THE 1000TH EFFING TIME about Federici's fantastic form last season just because he managed to cut out many of the basic errors that have blighted his career.

Like Church, he's had all the chances he deserves 3 times over and shown himself to be average in the Championship and a liability in the top flight.

Lulz.

First things first: Sigurdsson had left by then. We might have managed to re-sign him, we might have lost out to Spurs or some other club.

Secondly, Federici has been great for two seasons, not one.

Thirdly, it wasn't that he'd "cut out the basic errors"- for one thing there weren't many to cut out- but that he was actually playing very well.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 03 Dec 2012 00:35

SCIAG
Woodcote Royal If only McDermott had stuck with McCarthy in 2010 we might be enjoying our second season in the top flight with Long and Sigurdsson still in the hoops, rather than having to read FOR THE 1000TH EFFING TIME about Federici's fantastic form last season just because he managed to cut out many of the basic errors that have blighted his career.

Lulz.

First things first: Sigurdsson had left by then. We might have managed to re-sign him, we might have lost out to Spurs or some other club.

Secondly, Federici has been great for two seasons, not one.

Thirdly, it wasn't that he'd "cut out the basic errors"- for one thing there weren't many to cut out- but that he was actually playing very well.

More delusion from Federici apologists. He was OK but limited for one season and an accident waiting to happen for the rest of his time here.

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 03 Dec 2012 02:23

I love Ideal's and Woodcote's sheer hatred for the bloke to the point where they can't even acknowledge that Fed's is one of the main reasons we are in the prem right now. He was outstanding last season and won us plenty of points on his own. As for right now his form from last year shouldn't guarantee his place in the team this year and it hasn't he was dropped when he started to play bad, and sadly a keeper who was doing well has been injured so he has come back in not much Mc'd can do about that. The calls for him to be dropped are beyond naive as the back up hasn't even played a minute of championship football never mind prem so who is to say he will be better, the other back up keeper hasn't started a football match since 2009 and has only made 60 careers appearances in total at the age of 32 so obviously isn't good enough, and as such Fed's deserves his chance to regain the shirt. So untill such time as McCarthy is back or we buy a new keeper then Fedder's keeps this shirt for me.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Dec 2012 02:28

Plain and simply, get Federici out of the club ASAP

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 03 Dec 2012 02:36

Ian Royal
comeonyouroyals
Ian Royal I don't think there's any dispute that the defence (and midfield) are terrible defensively. But that's no excuse for Federici dropping clanger after clanger. When you have a crap defence you need a keeper playing well. A lower proportion of defensive errors result in goals than keeping errors.

You quite often see keepers in the best form behind a crap defence. And I don't accept that having lots of shots raining in on you excuses you from dropping clangers on a regular basis.

Surely the more shots you have at you the more likely you are to have a clanger. So against Villa what did he do wrong? against Everton did he do anything wrong? against Norwich did he do anything wrong? And can't think of to much he did wrong in the Arsenal game either, he is coming in for a lot of stick just because people Like McCarthy better, outside of teams in the top 4 the whole of the defence has looked more solid since he came back in. Looking at stats that in both keepers last 5 league games they have conceded the same amount of goals while Feders kept a clean sheet in that time and had to come up against the best attack in the league where as the hardest game Alex faced was a goal shy liverpool.

Cypry

by Cypry » 03 Dec 2012 07:16

Ian Royal
Cypry Interesting that Feds makes a cock up with a back-pass/clearance, which didn't result in a goal and suffers the wrath of some sections of HNA, yet when McCarthy passed a clearance straight to the opposition a few games back, it was barely worth a mention...?

The major difference is McCarthy made a couple of mistakes we weren't punished for and Federici is making regular mistakes, some of which we are punished for.

But that's exactly my point. On Saturday Feds made one mistake, which wasn't punished - it'd be very harsh to blame him for Uniteds first IMO (and seemingly, also the pundits, none of whom blamed him for that goal). In his performances since McCarthy picked up his injury, I cannot think of any goals for which he's been "to blame", yet you're saying he "is making regular mistakes, some of which we're punished for" - give us some examples. Granted, he made some big errors early on, but surely you need to look at that as a bad spell, and consider his form since returning to the team in isolation?

As for berating his defence when he makes a mistake, name me a keeper that doesn't.....McCarthy certainly did when he passed the ball straight to the opposition....

1445 posts