How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by Maneki Neko » 18 Mar 2016 09:19

AirRaidSiren
Maneki Neko
AirRaidSiren
Brian's strongest point is to know when and how to say the right things to the press.

Only a massive div would fall for such baloney....

you say he says the right things.
but that ive fallen for them in some way?
how can that be if theyre the right things?

it is a bit daft to criticise the manager for saying the right things.

"god, I just really wish hed say something wildy wrong once in a while!!!"
*shakes fist at the sky

Very good.

You know what is meant by my comment. Brian = the yes man, will say anything to please the press/fans, to say it in the right way. He must practice in the mirror several times over what he is going to say next.

Ya know, the really nice guy? Never mind the inept manager of our club.....it doesn't matter how we do in the league, how shit we are, the crappy signings again, as long as he remains a nice guy, he's safe.

Some of you tend to think he's bigger than our club, the messiah. He clearly isn't. Hopefully the Thai's will get rid at the end of the season cause I wouldn't want him anywhere near our next transfers of players in or out again.

:roll:
saying the right things to keep fans,players and press onside is a pretty key skill in management.
its not being a yes man, its understanding the realities of the club, and working within that. there is literally no point at all in him coming out and criticising the owners, or the players in public, and ive no idea why you think he would/should.his criticism went on behind closed doors as it should do.

hes neither bigger than the club, or the messiah. just someone im incredibly happy is in charge of my club.

The squad was utterly ripped apart by Clarke, then left in an absolute shit state, completely imbalanced, with 6 loan players. He had his two highest scorers sold, replaced with a bargain basement stop gap and a random Latvian. would have been a miracle to get that tanker turned around.
that he has failed to do so is no real surprise at all, given those circumstances

in the summer he will have to get rid of most of those loanees, as well as the remaining high earners, bring in a load of youth players, and be expected to make significant improvement to our league position, and entertainment levels at the same time, or the clamour for him to be sacked will grow until its unignorable.

I think that is utterly daft.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Mar 2016 12:51

AirRaidSiren the inept manager of our club.....

:lol:

Hey, remember that time we won the Championship in 2012 :?:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Mar 2016 13:24

"Yes man" the criticism of the terminally blinkered with no actual argument other than 'wah, i don't like it'

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 Mar 2016 13:24

floyd__streete

Didn't he win the league despite having his best talent sold shortly after the season started? Inept indeed, we should have been promoted in January.

Didn't he also finished 5th the season before despite having his best talent sold shortly after the season started? Inept indeed, we should have won the league.

Didn't he also finish in the top half the season before despite taking over permanently when the club were in the relegation zone? Inept indeed, we should have won the league.

Inept

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2016 13:36

handbags_harris
floyd__streete

Didn't he also finished 5th the season before despite having his best talent sold shortly after the season started? Inept indeed, we should have won the league.

Inept

Wasn't that the season you were beaten by Swansea in the PO final?
Fired BR a bit too soon - just like Clarke. :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2016 13:46

You're not even trying to be subtle any more.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Mar 2016 14:23

Genuinely quite shocked at fans like AirRaid who are clueless enough to think winning the championship and getting promoted to the premier league is a really easy thing to do...

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Mar 2016 15:25

remember it was a total fluke, those other teams were miles better than us, and only random chance meant we won that league

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2016 15:59

But that has nothing to do with BMs return to the club. Current form is all that matters isn't it?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Mar 2016 16:28

True

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2016 21:19

Extended-Phenotype Genuinely quite shocked at fans like AirRaid who are clueless enough to think winning the championship and getting promoted to the premier league is a really easy thing to do...

Probably just a young lad who never watched Reading drag itself out from the lower leagues and doesn't understand what this club is all about.

Or an aging troll who really has nothing else in his life other than spamming another teams Internet forum with interminable lame shit.

Whilst whacking himself off over a picture of John Terry parking in a disabled space.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Mar 2016 22:24

Just kinda baffling that so-called fan of this club would want to rubbish and belittle one of our few moments of glory. I find it really sad. I mean, you can imagine rival fans wanting to discredit and downplay such an achievement as a fluke or effortless non-achievement but one of our own fans?

Even Kes has the grace to get behind his own team and sing their achievements with pride. Jesus, our boys are more interested in discrediting one of only two promotion successes in our history so it better fits with their bizare campaign of hate against a manager who wasn't their first choice.

Fine, they think it was a cop out appointment, that Reading should have aimed higher and they are frustrated. But are they so frustrated by it they would drag their own clubs history through the mud, just to save face in an argument?

Lame. You aren't Reading fans. You aren't even football fans.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 22:56

[code][/code]
floyd__streete

Hey, you sound like a Liverpool fan living on past glories. Time to get back to 2016, Floyd.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 22:59

leon
Extended-Phenotype Genuinely quite shocked at fans like AirRaid who are clueless enough to think winning the championship and getting promoted to the premier league is a really easy thing to do...

Probably just a young lad who never watched Reading drag itself out from the lower leagues and doesn't understand what this club is all about.

Or an aging troll who really has nothing else in his life other than spamming another teams Internet forum with interminable lame shit.

Whilst whacking himself off over a picture of John Terry parking in a disabled space.

The witty Leon, either derogatory remarks or condescending remarks, whatevs.

Keep up the good work.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2016 23:00

AirRaidSiren [code][/code]
floyd__streete

Hey, you sound like a Liverpool fan living on past glories. Time to get back to 2016, Floyd.

And you sound like a fcuking whiny little ingrate.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 23:06

Extended-Phenotype Just kinda baffling that so-called fan of this club would want to rubbish and belittle one of our few moments of glory. I find it really sad. I mean, you can imagine rival fans wanting to discredit and downplay such an achievement as a fluke or effortless non-achievement but one of our own fans?

Even Kes has the grace to get behind his own team and sing their achievements with pride. Jesus, our boys are more interested in discrediting one of only two promotion successes in our history so it better fits with their bizare campaign of hate against a manager who wasn't their first choice.

Fine, they think it was a cop out appointment, that Reading should have aimed higher and they are frustrated. But are they so frustrated by it they would drag their own clubs history through the mud, just to save face in an argument?

Lame. You aren't Reading fans. You aren't even football fans.

Firstly, please show me where I was belittling one of our few moments of glory?

I do think our Brian is inept, has been for a few years. And mark my words he will do sweet f.a in his second stint here.

You're a bit dramatic my ol' china. People will have different opinions to you in life...if you're in need of a hug.....?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 23:08

Maneki Neko
AirRaidSiren
Maneki Neko
you say he says the right things.
but that ive fallen for them in some way?
how can that be if theyre the right things?

it is a bit daft to criticise the manager for saying the right things.

"god, I just really wish hed say something wildy wrong once in a while!!!"
*shakes fist at the sky

Very good.

You know what is meant by my comment. Brian = the yes man, will say anything to please the press/fans, to say it in the right way. He must practice in the mirror several times over what he is going to say next.

Ya know, the really nice guy? Never mind the inept manager of our club.....it doesn't matter how we do in the league, how shit we are, the crappy signings again, as long as he remains a nice guy, he's safe.

Some of you tend to think he's bigger than our club, the messiah. He clearly isn't. Hopefully the Thai's will get rid at the end of the season cause I wouldn't want him anywhere near our next transfers of players in or out again.

:roll:
saying the right things to keep fans,players and press onside is a pretty key skill in management.
its not being a yes man, its understanding the realities of the club, and working within that. there is literally no point at all in him coming out and criticising the owners, or the players in public, and ive no idea why you think he would/should.his criticism went on behind closed doors as it should do.

hes neither bigger than the club, or the messiah. just someone im incredibly happy is in charge of my club.

The squad was utterly ripped apart by Clarke, then left in an absolute shit state, completely imbalanced, with 6 loan players. He had his two highest scorers sold, replaced with a bargain basement stop gap and a random Latvian. would have been a miracle to get that tanker turned around.
that he has failed to do so is no real surprise at all, given those circumstances

in the summer he will have to get rid of most of those loanees, as well as the remaining high earners, bring in a load of youth players, and be expected to make significant improvement to our league position, and entertainment levels at the same time, or the clamour for him to be sacked will grow until its unignorable.

I think that is utterly daft.

Good post.

How much time would you give him? The end of next season?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 23:10

leon
AirRaidSiren [code][/code]
floyd__streete

And you sound like a fcuking whiny little ingrate.

Grrrrrrrr..glad I annoy you, Leon.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2016 23:13

You don't personally. Just twats like you.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 18 Mar 2016 23:18

leon You don't personally. Just twats like you.

Love the way you typed like there. Clever.

2058 posts