Sinking Ship

127 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sinking Ship

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 09:14

3 veesinarow
Hampshire Royal Someone's going to have to remind me what 'Dull and Uninspiring' means. If the past few seasons have been, then I'm hoping that next season is going to be another one.

<sigh>

So, here's HR's original comment - hardly earth-shatteringly controversial, but let's roll with it. My humble interpretation of that is that he has seen the seasons (not individual games, many of which have been acknowledged by all anti-Schardists as poor) overall as exciting and interesting, despite his non-attendance at most games.

An opinion. Who knew?

I have seen precisely six games this season, only two of those at home and we drew both. We do have tickets for Palace and Brum because we're band-waggoning daytrippers. :roll: However, I believe I can safely say, without fear of prejudice or contradiction, that this season has been THRILLING. How could I possibly come to such an opinion without standing shoulder to shoulder with Blackie for every minute of every game? I must be a numpty to think this.

But I thought HR admitted that he's rarely been to games. Many of the games have been dull and uninspiring, even if our league position during those seasons has been good and a lot better than Schards and some others expected. So yes, overall the SEASONS have been good, but the GAMES haven't.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Apr 2012 09:16

The games have been on the whole, fine.

Every team has good games and bad games, and we had periods where we have struggled. You can say that about ANY team, it just depends on what your expectations are.

But on the whole the majority of the last few season we've been watching the team be succesful on the pitch. Mcdermotts win ratio is testement to that.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Apr 2012 09:16

threads are never dull and uninspiring when Schards and RL are involved.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 09:17

:roll: Yes, I've admitted that. I'm talking about the style of play. Even Tuesday's game was pretty dire! Albeit we scored a scrambled goal and got promoted.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Apr 2012 09:21

Royal Lady
3 veesinarow
Hampshire Royal Someone's going to have to remind me what 'Dull and Uninspiring' means. If the past few seasons have been, then I'm hoping that next season is going to be another one.

<sigh>

So, here's HR's original comment - hardly earth-shatteringly controversial, but let's roll with it. My humble interpretation of that is that he has seen the seasons (not individual games, many of which have been acknowledged by all anti-Schardists as poor) overall as exciting and interesting, despite his non-attendance at most games.

An opinion. Who knew?

I have seen precisely six games this season, only two of those at home and we drew both. We do have tickets for Palace and Brum because we're band-waggoning daytrippers. :roll: However, I believe I can safely say, without fear of prejudice or contradiction, that this season has been THRILLING. How could I possibly come to such an opinion without standing shoulder to shoulder with Blackie for every minute of every game? I must be a numpty to think this.

But I thought HR admitted that he's rarely been to games. Many of the games have been dull and uninspiring, even if our league position during those seasons has been good and a lot better than Schards and some others expected. So yes, overall the SEASONS have been good, but the GAMES haven't.

But thats League football week in week out anyway. It's a grind. Any given season is generally made up of forgettable matches with a handful of memorable ones thrown in. If come the end of the season there's something to play for then even the dullest game has it's own excitement due to the significance of it.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 20 Apr 2012 09:27

Royal Lady But I thought HR admitted that he's rarely been to games. Many of the games have been dull and uninspiring, even if our league position during those seasons has been good and a lot better than Schards and some others expected. So yes, overall the SEASONS have been good, but the GAMES haven't.

KER and indeed CHING! It's taken the best part of seven pages, but finally the point is taken. HR never mentioned games, the style of play or anything else in his post.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Apr 2012 10:07

Royal Lady But I thought HR admitted that he's rarely been to games. Many of the games have been dull and uninspiring, even if our league position during those seasons has been good and a lot better than Schards and some others expected. So yes, overall the SEASONS have been good, but the GAMES haven't.

Schards supporting Reading's going to be a whole lot duller and uninspiring than in recent years

So now you're saying Schards is wrong?

127 posts