McDermott via TalkSport

157 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: McDermott via TalkSport

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Oct 2011 15:41

Wrong about what?

There is no right or wrong answer you big tit, its all opinion.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Oct 2011 17:11

FiNeRaIn Showed a neutral this thread earlier, to recap his thoughts:

You didn't invest whilst in the prem but received two years of TV money then parachute payments and you have sold in excess of 40 million pounds worth of players since being relegated and yet continue to sell off all your best players and have signed unknown quantities. Stated the only players he could name from our squad were harte, griffin, kebe and alf ( that guy who scored a truck load in league two) At some point during the line ( and only your chairman and back room staff know) you have been HORRENDOUSLY run and you are still paying for that now. Reading are clearly not what I thought they were as a club.

made up idiot friend of yours is as wrong as you are shocker.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Oct 2011 17:31

FiNeRaIn Wrong about what?

There is no right or wrong answer you big tit, its all opinion.

lol- alright captain serious, alright!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Oct 2011 19:34

Ian Royal

You have no brain, there is no right or wrong answer..only opinion on the matter.

Cretin#2

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Oct 2011 19:38

the only cretin here is the one who made up a imaginary friend to prove his point. :wink:

and its only a laugh m8 - hence the "my random neutral friend says he thinks we are great, the moon is made of chese, and jm is a mekon" & alright captain serious" comments

jeez!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Oct 2011 19:50

melonhead the only cretin here is the one who made up a imaginary friend to prove his point. :wink:

and its only a laugh m8 - hence the "my random neutral friend says he thinks we are great, the moon is made of chese, and jm is a mekon" & alright captain serious" comments

jeez!

Where has this friend nonsense come from, both you and Ian seem fascianted with it. I showed a neutral this thread...didnt say who or how and you pair of tits have ran off down some random avenue with your assumptions. :lol:

Brilliant.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Oct 2011 20:04

ok m8. i honestly couldnt care less.

i just thought it was a bit funny that you think that a random blokes opinion would mean anything to anyone else on here, or that it helps your arguments in any way.
but like i said, it was a throw away jest.it meant nothing.

ill leave it.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Oct 2011 20:07

melonhead
i just thought it was a bit funny that you think that a random blokes opinion would mean anything to anyone else on here,

when you think about it though, thats all anyone is to each other on here :wink:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Oct 2011 20:09

You didn't invest whilst in the prem but received two years of TV money then parachute payments and you have sold in excess of 40 million pounds worth of players since being relegated and yet continue to sell off all your best players and have signed unknown quantities. Stated the only players he could name from our squad were harte, griffin, kebe and alf ( that guy who scored a truck load in league two) At some point during the line ( and only your chairman and back room staff know) you have been HORRENDOUSLY run and you are still paying for that now. Reading are clearly not what I thought they were as a club.

Neutral friend or not though the numerical facts speak for themselves and are largely correct.

And as I understand it the club made a PROFIT from the 2 years in the prem and has since had numerous player sales, 2 FA Cup quarter final runs and 2 play-offs inc one final.

We have been back in the championship long enough to be able to budget properly. The club is NOT well run.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Oct 2011 20:14

FiNeRaIn
melonhead
i just thought it was a bit funny that you think that a random blokes opinion would mean anything to anyone else on here,

when you think about it though, thats all anyone is to each other on here :wink:

zis is true

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Oct 2011 20:15

Mid Sussex Royal

Neutral friend or not though the numerical facts speak for themselves and are largely correct.

And as I understand it the club made a PROFIT from the 2 years in the prem and has since had numerous player sales, 2 FA Cup quarter final runs and 2 play-offs inc one final.

We have been back in the championship long enough to be able to budget properly. The club is NOT well run.

lol
So youd prefer it if we payed our players less,lost all our good players, didnt buy anyone at all, let alone the cheap ones we have?
now thats commitment to financial fair play.

or is JM secretly stealing money from the club?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Oct 2011 20:41

Mid Sussex Royal We have been back in the championship long enough to be able to budget properly. The club is NOT well run.

Or perhaps those in charge believe that running at £2 million more than you can afford is reasonable if you know you can bring in £4 million in sales at the end of the year.

The other problem is that if we budget for breaking even with an £11 million squad, and those around us are paying £14 million, we will be at a competitive disadvantage, which means lower crowds and less money, and a loss anyway.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Oct 2011 21:26

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

You have no brain, there is no right or wrong answer..only opinion on the matter.

Cretin#2

Er... opinions can be wrong.

It could be your opinion that the moon is made of celery and "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" is presented by Davros and the Emperor Dalek, but you'd be wrong.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 Oct 2011 22:43

Yes Ian...well done. However we are talking about the perception of how a football club is run. This is perception, there is no scientific answer like there is for the moon. You really are something else on these threads.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Oct 2011 08:38

Mid Sussex Royal

So you compare us to other clubs that have been relegated. Some have been releagted again, some have gone into administration, some haven't gone into administration but have serious money issues, some have stayed in this division and have done ok, some have required serious investment from their owners and some have done genuinely well.

Us, we have consolidated, we have reduced costs, we have managed the finances well, and as the accounts show we have cash in the bank. I would hazard a guess you could count clubs that have done as well as that on the fingers of one hand.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Oct 2011 09:15

Mid Sussex Royal

So without any outside investment during the last 6 or 7 years (Lita's fee aside) this club has won the Champ with an all-time record points haul, finished 8th in the Premier League, flirted with getting into Europe in the process, then, having got relegated on goal difference has got to the play offs twice, the final once, made the Qtr final of the FA Cup twice, always finished higher in the points table than the Attendance table, wiped out its overdraft, seen its Academy players thrive in both our team and other leagues, (oh Christ the list could go on and on) and yet you believe it is NOT a well run club.

Your sort make me laugh you really do.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Oct 2011 09:33

Wycombe Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

So you compare us to other clubs that have been relegated. Some have been releagted again, some have gone into administration, some haven't gone into administration but have serious money issues, some have stayed in this division and have done ok, some have required serious investment from their owners and some have done genuinely well.

Us, we have consolidated, we have reduced costs, we have managed the finances well, and as the accounts show we have cash in the bank. I would hazard a guess you could count clubs that have done as well as that on the fingers of one hand.

without either serious investment, or a serious further relegation, i reckon its close to the thunmbs of one hand

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2011 12:13

only by restricting it to teams who haven't got re-promoted in that time Brenders.

It's an interesting one really, we've come a biscuit from staying up or getting promoted back up, on three occasions in four seasons. The margins are so tight, in all three of these one game would have made the difference.

Only three teams can be promoted (or relegated) so to be that close that often shows the club is well run IMO - with a concern about an underlying weakness in succeeding when it really counts. You can compare us to the likes of Birmingham who've gone up and down, but they're in the same boat as us again now, and a lot more financial peril.

Where would they be now if they hadn't gone back up at our expense a couple of seasons ago?

Some clubs bet the farm and it works out for them (short-term anyway). We didn't but we have been tryingto run ourselves to give us the best chance of going back up, without any serious risk of major financial problems. It has come close to working, real close. And we're still not in serious threat of relegation this season (so far), or being harried by HMRC or put in Adminsitration.

I really don't understand the view that anything short of promotion is a failure for us. We aren't a Premier League sized club (yet). We're still very much a 4th to 14th championship club in terms of size, and that's where we're consistently finishing, with a frequent push for promotion popping up.

What happened to enjoying a top 10 season whilst hoping to get promoted? We're spoilt by more than a decade of success and nearly promotions, with only one season of genuine (and I would argue inevitable sooner or later) failure in it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Oct 2011 13:38

agreed- prem footy, or the prospect of it certainly wasnt what drew me to Reading as a boy, and it certainly isnt what keeps me going back.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2011 01:15

ankeny
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Royalee How the f*ck does selling your assets make you a successful club?

How the f*ck does having no brain enable someone to post on a message board?

His point was the club was that it's a success for the club is bringing young players through into the first team who can be first team players. The fact that some will eventually move on to higher things isn't ideal, but indicates a job (as in developing players) well done.

You can wail and scream like a seven year old child about us selling those players, but the point really is where we'd be if we hadn't had the players to come through the ranks.

This is the gloss you lot were on about!

I couldn't be arsed to articulate myself properly because there are so many tossers on here you could breed a new generation of spastics.

Hooray the academy's a success, but so is Crewe' - the real success is in the results we get...at least it should be for the fans.

'The fact that some will eventually move on to higher things isn't ideal'? You mean all of them worth any salt? Are you happy that Madejski rakes it in off the back of the academy year in year out? What will happen when we inevitably run out of players on the production line as it will happen - even the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool don't produce players EVERY year?

I'm done wailing, I just don't go anymore because I don't want to line the chairman's pockets, it just fills me with a sense of disgust that a club and chairman I once had so much time for have turned into such a sham. Maybe I'm being naive, but I thought that running a club as a business included looking at the long term and not making a quick buck every year.

157 posts