Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:28

i cannot wait for tuesday night football, so i cant try out my sock based showboating skillz at the earliest opportunity

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:29

Franchise FC Why is 'touching your sock' a criminal offence punishable with stud-scraping when clapping an opponent who's just scored an own goal is OK and not considered taking the pi$$ ?

or the stadium announcer chalking that goal up to "insert opposition team name here"

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 17:30

ZacNaloen I don't think i'll find it particularly difficult to sneer back either.

The difference between me and Collison?

Sneer is all I'd do.

Well done you. Never ever lost your temper in your whole life? Just sat there in the corner polishing your halo throughout your time?

He lost his temper, simple as that. He's a young kid, he was playing crap, his team were getting stuffed - it's not excusable, he shouldn't have done it, but he did. Now he'll get an extra ban whcih he'll deserve. Live with it!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 17:30

Franchise FC Why is 'touching your sock' a criminal offence punishable with stud-scraping when clapping an opponent who's just scored an own goal is OK and not considered taking the pi$$ ?

Look, i'm not justifying it, but in England we have this thing called fair play and if you break those rules it's totally understandable if someone gives you a good kicking. Okay?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:31

my short temper is just one of the many reasons why i have never made it as a professional footballer........

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:31

ZacNaloen

Look, i'm not justifying it, but in England we have this thing called fair play and if you break those rules it's totally understandable if someone gives you a good kicking. Okay?

:lol:

care for another players safety>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>some rule book that is so important no one ever bothered to write it down

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Dec 2011 17:33

Svlad Cjelli
Bandini
Some may be liable to do anything, and whether or not that's the case depends on the extent of their self-control, which is why Kebe's display of sock skillz only explains the initial stage of the process, Collison getting angry. Everything after that point is explained by Collison himself, not Kebe.

After all, it's not as if Collison's response was an instinctive reaction, he had plenty of time to think about it and exercise self-control.

Yes, no argument with that. The point in question is why Collinson's temper was pushed over the edge, which was Kebe's behaviour.

Has anyone ever tried to defend Collinson's actons? All they've tried to do is explain them.

But it' an imperfect explanation. Kebe's actions explains the anger, but not Collison's inability to control that anger.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Dec 2011 17:36

Can I just add more LOLz to fact that Dirk is trying to say there's an unwritten rule that you don't pull up your socks among proffesionals who call watch other c*nts for 90 minutes.

Collison was pissed off because his team were getting spanked by players who are on 1/4 his wages.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Dec 2011 17:37

ZacNaloen

Errrr - no.
Dream on if you believe that there's fair play in football. Bobby Moore's wasn't playing yesterday. He might have wandered over to shake JK's hand and congratulate him on being better on the day.
Collison on the other hand ..............

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 17:37

Svlad Cjelli
ZacNaloen I don't think i'll find it particularly difficult to sneer back either.

Sneer is all I'd do.

Well done you. Never ever lost your temper in your whole life? Just sat there in the corner polishing your halo throughout your time?

He lost his temper, simple as that. He's a young kid, he was playing crap, his team were getting stuffed - it's not excusable, he shouldn't have done it, but he did. Now he'll get an extra ban whcih he'll deserve. Live with it!

Seems to me you are the one that needs to be told to live with it. Collison is getting exactly what he deserves. I can live with that just fine :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Dec 2011 17:38

ZacNaloen
Svlad Cjelli

Sneer is all I'd do.

Seems to me you are the one that needs to be told to live with it. Collison is getting exactly what he deserves. I can live with that just fine :lol:

Why is he getting an extra ban ?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 17:39

Franchise FC
ZacNaloen

Errrr - no.
Dream on if you believe that there's fair play in football. Bobby Moore's wasn't playing yesterday. He might have wandered over to shake JK's hand and congratulate him on being better on the day.
Collison on the other hand ..............

That post was parody ; )

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2011 17:42

Svlad Cjelli
ZacNaloen
Yes, no argument with that. The point in question is why Collinson's temper was pushed over the edge, which was Kebe's behaviour.

Has anyone ever tried to defend Collinson's actons? All they've tried to do is explain them

Err no.

The point is question is whether Collison has an excuse for his actions.

Really? Who has ever said he has an excuse? I know I haven't, and neither did Claridge.

All that people have done is explain the circumstances that led to him being so wound up.

But this is all a terribly difficult concept for some, even when explained in very simple terms.

The blatant refusal of some posters to engage brain is almost as embarrassing as Collison's actions yesterday.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 17:44

We don't need the circumstances explained to us we know exactly why Collison lost his temper, that anyone feels that we do suggests they feel that there is some way in which if you JUST EXPLAINED THE SITUATION WELL ENOUGH we might start to feel sorry for Collison.

Do you know what I say to that?

Fuck off.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:47

Royal Rother
Svlad Cjelli
ZacNaloen

Err no.

The point is question is whether Collison has an excuse for his actions.

Really? Who has ever said he has an excuse? I know I haven't, and neither did Claridge.

All that people have done is explain the circumstances that led to him being so wound up.

But this is all a terribly difficult concept for some, even when explained in very simple terms.

The blatant refusal of some posters to engage brain is almost as embarrassing as Collison's actions yesterday.

we were there, we dont need that bit explaining- clearly JHK mocked west ham slightly with his sock pulling gesture.
what people are questioning is how that in some way explains his mental reaction, or our "understanding" or lack of it, of it

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2011 17:48

ZacNaloen We don't need the circumstances explained to us we know exactly why Collison lost his temper, that anyone feels that we do suggests they feel that there is some way in which if you JUST EXPLAINED THE SITUATION WELL ENOUGH we might start to feel sorry for Collison.

Do you know what I say to that?

Fuck off.

Huh? I know youre not thick so have you been drinking (which would explain a lot) or are you just a little bit rattLOLed now?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2011 17:53

melonhead
Royal Rother
Svlad Cjelli

we were there, we dont need that bit explaining- clearly JHK mocked west ham slightly with his sock pulling gesture.
what people are questioning is how that in some way explains his mental reaction, or our "understanding" or lack of it, of it

I know that. Fact remains it has been explained by a number of people (including current and ex-players) and you just won't accept it. If they CONDONED it I'd be outraged as well, but they don't.

Hey ho, moving on now.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 17:54

I can't be bothered really to argue with you, but as you've chosen the wrong side and I know you aren't thick, so I'll just repost this bit of parody of Dirks argument for emphasis in the hope you'll see what I'm saying about Dirks argument at last.

I'm not rattled, what have I got to get rattled about? I'm not the one defending the indefensible here.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Dec 2011 18:02

Svlad Cjelli

He lost his temper, simple as that. He's a young kid, he was playing crap, his team were getting stuffed -

I have to agree that these explanations - in combination with sockg8 - explain Collison's actions.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2011 18:03

melonhead
Ian Royal
The Real Sandhurst Royal The media are all dicks when it come to incidents like this they put the judges gown and wig on and make stupid comments that are biased one way this time Kebe has taken the brunt of it.

Collison's challenge on Kebe was premeditated and could well have caused significant injury.

Same Allardyce's post match interview sums it up for me, very fair comments all round, maybe the media should take a leaf out of Big Sams book.

Agree with all that except the significant injury bit.

kicking someone hard in the kneee can do that cant it?

More of a frustrated stud rake IMO. I'm not arguing he couldn't have got injured. Just don't think it was ever likely to be a serious injury.

370 posts