bloody Volvo driver

Re: Leeds tribute

by bloody Volvo driver » 05 Apr 2012 11:45

Bring Back the SB does not speak for me

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Leeds (H) - Good Friday

by Man Friday » 05 Apr 2012 18:08

I really believe this game is critical and will make or break our season. I believe it has implications beyond that of merely 3 points. The reason is that I believe it will have an impact on West Ham who play their match straight after ours: Win and West Ham go into their game straight after us demoralised and will lose their match. Lose, and West Ham have everything to play for and will win their match. With us still to play Southampton anything but a win will cause a problem I feel. All opinions of course. We shall see.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Leeds tribute

by Man Friday » 05 Apr 2012 18:10

Tony Le Mesmer LOLeeds fans AbROFLoard.

Its difficult to imagine them taking a liberal view of Turkish customs.

I actually heard some LOLeeds fans telling David Beckham "Hope your son dies of Cancer" in Eindhoven. This just 2 months after the said incident. Its very difficult to not to hate a club and its support when you hear things like that. Its hardly an isolated incident for them.

So, quite honestely, I couldnt give a shit what the the most hateful bunch of supporters plan on doing tomorrow. Just hope we stuff 'em.

Seconded.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Apr 2012 18:12

Surely each and every match for all is critical at this stage of the season.
West Ham are away and have a good record, but with comments made by Allardyce about the support talking bollocks it will get interesting if they lose or even draw.

redscot

by redscot » 05 Apr 2012 19:08

Man Friday I really believe this game is critical and will make or break our season. I believe it has implications beyond that of merely 3 points. The reason is that I believe it will have an impact on West Ham who play their match straight after ours: Win and West Ham go into their game straight after us demoralised and will lose their match. Lose, and West Ham have everything to play for and will win their match. With us still to play Southampton anything but a win will cause a problem I feel. All opinions of course. We shall see.

It is an important match, but I thought the most important one was the last one! Whatever happens, win or lose, West Ham will be spurned on. As they got nothing to lose from going for a win. Its not like they could lose their play-off place.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 05 Apr 2012 19:13

Leeds manager Neil Warnock will be forced into a defensive reshuffle due to injury, suspension and illness.

Defenders Darren O'Dea and Paul Connolly, plus midfielder Adam Clayton are suspended, while winger Aidy White could be ruled out for the rest of the season due to an ankle injury.

O'Dea will serve the second game of a two-match ban for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season, Connolly misses one game after his dismissal in last week's defeat to Watford and Clayton faces a two-match ban following his 10th booking of the campaign in the same match.

White is unlikely to feature again this season after sustaining an ankle injury against Watford and with two unnamed players suffering from a virus this week, Warnock will be struggling to name a 16-man squad.

Versatile youngster Zac Thompson may be included in the starting line-up, while defenders Leigh Bromby and Andy O'Brien could return to contention.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 05 Apr 2012 19:18

floyd__streete Reading 0-1 Leeds

The slump continues.

what slump?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Apr 2012 19:51

Floyd has notoriously bad posture.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Apr 2012 19:57

Chaney
floyd__streete Reading 0-1 Leeds

The slump continues.

what slump?

floyd's appallingly inaccurate and overly pessimistic score predictions

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 05 Apr 2012 20:14

Paddy ‏ @Fridays_Legacy

@ReadingFC #LUFC missing Darren O'Dea, Paul Connolly, Adam Clayton & Aidy White tomorrow, and possibly Robert Snodgrass through illness.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2012 20:20

can we declare "war" on Argentina and ban Becchio from the game as well?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Apr 2012 22:04

redscot
Man Friday I really believe this game is critical and will make or break our season. I believe it has implications beyond that of merely 3 points. The reason is that I believe it will have an impact on West Ham who play their match straight after ours: Win and West Ham go into their game straight after us demoralised and will lose their match. Lose, and West Ham have everything to play for and will win their match. With us still to play Southampton anything but a win will cause a problem I feel. All opinions of course. We shall see.

It is an important match, but I thought the most important one was the last one! Whatever happens, win or lose, West Ham will be spurned on. As they got nothing to lose from going for a win. Its not like they could lose their play-off place.

Au contraire! I'm hoping that they'll be thinking that they've nothing to gain from going for a win on the basis that we're be too far ahead and the automatic places are out of reach.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 06 Apr 2012 06:45

Friday's Legacy Paddy ‏ @Fridays_Legacy

@ReadingFC #LUFC missing Darren O'Dea, Paul Connolly, Adam Clayton & Aidy White tomorrow, and possibly Robert Snodgrass through illness.

Losing Snodgrass as well would be a tidy bonus too. He's probably their best player, McCormack aside.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 06 Apr 2012 07:50

Could not sleep. Just getting a bit too excited about all this. Horrible dream we were in the Play-Off Final against Forest and it was just like watching old Reading:

Jobi shoots and goalkeeper parries, Hunt follows up and hit's the post from 6 yards, comes back out to Long and he puts it wide - typical Reading. Then a defensive cock up betweem Cumming and Feds, resulting in a Forest goal from 20 yards.. Terrible. Was also full of day trippers..

I keep thinking that by 19:00, we could be 7 pts clear, and this morning I realise that we could just as easily be a single point infront. I really hope today is GREAT Friday

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 06 Apr 2012 08:09

Cold heads. Surgical finishing. Get in front. Boss them out of it.

No complacency please.

Discipline.

Cheers.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Apr 2012 08:23

I thought they were a bit short of defenders and would have to bring in some youngsters, but Leigh Bromby and Andy O'Brien are no slouches.

B14 Royal

by B14 Royal » 06 Apr 2012 08:27

Gordons Cumming I thought they were a bit short of defenders and would have to bring in some youngsters, but Leigh Bromby and Andy O'Brien are no slouches.

They are

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 06 Apr 2012 08:41

Minority of a clubs football fans letting the rest down. Leeds fans are passionate, but I'd hardly go call them scum, and as for whether the two lads were 'looking for it's only they will know. But the sad thing is, two football fans died that day, and if Leeds fans want to respect their anniversary then fair play to them, they are not asking for us to join in. I for one will give them a nod of respect, and support my club for the afternoon.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Apr 2012 09:06

2-1 defeat

88th minute winner

Sydneyroyal

by Sydneyroyal » 06 Apr 2012 09:39

Can't get my head around the time difference at the moment - am waiting for match thred. I'm in sydney - trying to fight off sleep to stay up for the match. It's 7.40 pm here. When does it all kick off?
Prediction - 3-0 Reading and I have a headache all day Saturday having had no sleep.

148 posts