Re: Trophy

by East Stand Ste » 21 Apr 2012 10:00

So we get the trophy today yea?? :roll:

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 23 Apr 2012 12:21

No we got presented it on saturday. 15 minutes after the saints game a representative handed it to Madejski in the hotel disabled toilets. Madejski, who has never been a greater sharer, is refusing to let anyone else have a hold of it and has spent the last couple of days sat in the disabled loos cuddling the trophy, sucking his thumb and ignoring Antons crying and banging on the door to let him have a go.

At this rate we may never see it. Now I know how Southampton feel.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2012 12:37

Ups and Downs No we got presented it on saturday. 15 minutes after the saints game a representative handed it to Madejski in the hotel disabled toilets. Madejski, who has never been a greater sharer, is refusing to let anyone else have a hold of it and has spent the last couple of days sat in the disabled loos cuddling the trophy, sucking his thumb and ignoring Antons crying and banging on the door to let him have a go.

:lol:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 23 Apr 2012 12:40

I`m a bit pissed off that it won`t be on display during the open top bus tour on Sunday.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Apr 2012 13:22

Chaney I`m a bit pissed off that it won`t be on display during the open top bus tour on Sunday.

Has it been confirmed it won't be?

There's no reason why they couldn't have it on the bus, then have an official ceremony at the Madejski later.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Apr 2012 13:50

Ups and Downs No we got presented it on saturday. 15 minutes after the saints game a representative handed it to Madejski in the hotel disabled toilets. Madejski, who has never been a greater sharer, is refusing to let anyone else have a hold of it and has spent the last couple of days sat in the disabled loos cuddling the trophy, sucking his thumb and ignoring Antons crying and banging on the door to let him have a go.

lol, he wont let Anton have until he pays him double

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 23 Apr 2012 13:58

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Chaney I`m a bit pissed off that it won`t be on display during the open top bus tour on Sunday.

Has it been confirmed it won't be?

There's no reason why they couldn't have it on the bus, then have an official ceremony at the Madejski later.

Or present it at the official ceremony at the Madejski and then have the open top bus tour. They've done it the wrong way round IMO.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 23 Apr 2012 14:00

The FL and RFC have both managed to fcuk a simple presentation up.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Apr 2012 16:02

urz13 The FL and RFC have both managed to fcuk a simple presentation up.

:roll: You get the trophy when the FL say you get the trophy so I hardly see how RFC have screwed it up unless you mean it was their fault for dropping points to the likes of Hull, Peterborough and Doncaster and so not tying the Championship a lot earlier.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Apr 2012 16:08

lol @ having an open top bus parade but no trophy to show........

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Apr 2012 16:27

TBM lol @ having an open top bus parade but no trophy to show........

LOL @ thinking the trophy is the most important thing.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 23 Apr 2012 16:49

Rumour has it, the trophy will be presented to West Ham at their game against Hull on the grounds that as the self-appointed biggest and best team in the Championship bar none if all put together, Fat Sam is entitled to it because he led them to 12 away wins which is a club record for said biggest and best team in the universe (typo) Championship..

To spice up the trophy giving and in aumage to the Sam Way... the trophy will be launched from one end of the pitch to the other for the Das Kapitan to catch.. After which West Ham will release 12 million bubbles (1 million for each away win), before drawing 1-1 at home to Barmby's boys..

Not to dampen the spirits, the Sham will then (in keeping with their status), take the trophy on an olympic torch style lap of honour around the whole of London before placing it in the centre circle of the olympic stadium before the start of their next Champions League game against Dagenham & Redbridge..

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Apr 2012 17:30

I've thought about this, and I think it's a little bit pathetic. Do they really think Birmingham fans are going to kick off? Come on Football League, just do something sensible.

Terry Tibbs

by Terry Tibbs » 23 Apr 2012 17:31

Cape Town Royal Rumour has it, the trophy will be presented to West Ham at their game against Hull on the grounds that as the self-appointed biggest and best team in the Championship bar none if all put together, Fat Sam is entitled to it because he led them to 12 away wins which is a club record for said biggest and best team in the universe (typo) Championship..

To spice up the trophy giving and in aumage to the Sam Way... the trophy will be launched from one end of the pitch to the other for the Das Kapitan to catch.. After which West Ham will release 12 million bubbles (1 million for each away win), before drawing 1-1 at home to Barmby's boys..

Not to dampen the spirits, the Sham will then (in keeping with their status), take the trophy on an olympic torch style lap of honour around the whole of London before placing it in the centre circle of the olympic stadium before the start of their next Champions League game against Dagenham & Redbridge..

:lol: genuinely made me chuckle that

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Apr 2012 17:32

Terry Tibbs
Cape Town Royal Rumour has it, the trophy will be presented to West Ham at their game against Hull on the grounds that as the self-appointed biggest and best team in the Championship bar none if all put together, Fat Sam is entitled to it because he led them to 12 away wins which is a club record for said biggest and best team in the universe (typo) Championship..

:lol: genuinely made me chuckle that

ALOL!!
For future reference it's homage. :lol:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Apr 2012 17:49

mr_number I've thought about this, and I think it's a little bit pathetic. Do they really think Birmingham fans are going to kick off? Come on Football League, just do something sensible.

Er yes they could kick off because they are cnuts!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Apr 2012 17:51

peterroyal76
mr_number I've thought about this, and I think it's a little bit pathetic. Do they really think Birmingham fans are going to kick off? Come on Football League, just do something sensible.

Er yes they could kick off because they are cnuts!

Particularly if we win 23-0 and cost them a play-off place.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 Apr 2012 10:51

No mention in Football League rules that the trophy can't be presented away from home (http://www.football-league.co.uk/regula ... 33_2125729 only mention of trophy in all rules is in 36.1). Has Reading FC decided that we don't want the trophy at Birmingham? Possibly so they make sure they sell their £1 tickets for Sunday?

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 24 Apr 2012 10:55

No mate definitely a FL decision - nothing RFC could do about it.

Whether it's right or wrong and why they have introduced it is another thing mind!

And to your other question...Birmingham still do have a lot of (quote D. Dyer) prowper nawty fans, so probably not the best place to try test the theory anyway.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Apr 2012 10:56

Franchise FC
TBM lol @ having an open top bus parade but no trophy to show........

LOL @ thinking the trophy is the most important thing.

I know but surely it would have been better to lift the trophy at the stadium THEN go on the bus parade?!

172 posts