BFTG Wigan

314 posts
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Wigan

by Royal91 » 23 Feb 2013 20:46

McDermott is really pissing me off with this " Look where we were three years ago" bollocks.

Claims to look at only the NEXT GAME. So why do you keep alluding to our position three years ago. Its irrelevant.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 20:47

BenSmith91 Pogrebnyak hate is just pathetic. A few weeks a go he could do no wrong and '4-5-1' was the way forward and not starting Le Fondre was 'the right decision - because something was working' - and now, all of a sudden, he is a waste of space. Absolutely no perspective whatsoever.

Were you reading the board a few weeks ago? If you were then you'd have seen the many comments that 4-5-1 clearly wasn't working, and it was only when we went to 4-4-2 and threw the kitchen sink at it for the last 20 minutes that we managed to steal anything from the game.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Feb 2013 20:47

I am not going to slag the players off. There is only so far you can go with Championship and League One players.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to give Brian some stick. Since winning MOTM his tactics have been puzzling at best. Blackman at Stoke? The unwelcome reintroduction of the entirely limited Karacan. Pearce not playing. I can perhaps understand Morrison playing today to some extent - he got on the end of set pieces at the DW Stadium in November and caused Wigan plenty of discomfort that day - but it is rank arrogance frankly not to play our best defender. Pearce will go in the summer but he should be playing every game, just as Sidwell did so successfully in 06/07 before getting his big move.

The most galling thing is that all the hard work in that amazing run last year will almost certainly be put to absolute waste. Biggest TV deal in history starts next season, all we wanted was some serious investment in quality to give us a chance of establishing ourselves. For that reason, I am wondering exactly what Mr Zingarevich is doing here.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 20:50

floyd__streete I am not going to slag the players off. There is only so far you can go with Championship and League One players.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to give Brian some stick. Since winning MOTM his tactics have been puzzling at best. Blackman at Stoke? The unwelcome reintroduction of the entirely limited Karacan. Pearce not playing. I can perhaps understand Morrison playing today to some extent - he got on the end of set pieces at the DW Stadium in November and caused Wigan plenty of discomfort that day - but it is rank arrogance frankly not to play our best defender. Pearce will go in the summer but he should be playing every game, just as Sidwell did so successfully in 06/07 before getting his big move.

The most galling thing is that all the hard work in that amazing run last year will almost certainly be put to absolute waste. Biggest TV deal in history starts next season, all we wanted was some serious investment in quality to give us a chance of establishing ourselves. For that reason, I am wondering exactly what Mr Zingarevich is doing here.

This

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 23 Feb 2013 20:52

floyd__streete I am not going to slag the players off. There is only so far you can go with Championship and League One players.

Could not have said it better myself. Spoken.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Feb 2013 20:53

Royal Lady Listen to his interview on BBC Berks. Pearce on bench cos he didn't get close enough to two Stoke players in that game or something. Utter drivel.

Guthrie just "wasn't selected" nothing wrong with his wife.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

If he's working under that premise then why fcuk is L,wood and McAnuff in the team every fcuking week. Its simply farcical.

L,wood has no mobility, he's slow mentally, can't control a ball, can't pick a pass, lunges into tackles, can't shoot, no positional sense and he just ambles around! If this useless twonk is with us next season we will be mid-table at best!

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Feb 2013 20:56

SPARTA
BenSmith91 Pogrebnyak hate is just pathetic. A few weeks a go he could do no wrong and '4-5-1' was the way forward and not starting Le Fondre was 'the right decision - because something was working' - and now, all of a sudden, he is a waste of space. Absolutely no perspective whatsoever.

Were you reading the board a few weeks ago? If you were then you'd have seen the many comments that 4-5-1 clearly wasn't working, and it was only when we went to 4-4-2 and threw the kitchen sink at it for the last 20 minutes that we managed to steal anything from the game.

4-5-1 is the future but we don't have the players for it.

I'm still advocating HRK as a CAM.

Pete10

by Pete10 » 23 Feb 2013 21:00

Why can we not pass to feet . Keep the ball is it that hard .
This direct shit is just shocking. Deadwood and Mcanuff.
Need to go asap .

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 21:07

Royal91
SPARTA

4-5-1 is the future but we don't have the players for it.

I'm still advocating HRK as a CAM.

4-5-1 is not the future. Look at the sides that use it so successfully; the Chelsea's, Swansea's etc. They play it as a 4-3-3. We use no one to support the lone striker. Instead Brian floods the midfield with def.midfielders. Show me another PL team that does that?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Feb 2013 21:20

SPARTA

4-5-1 was working so badly that we had our best run when we switched to it.

Yes, I did note the idiots posting on her that it wasn't working because it was only when we reverted to 4-4-2 that games were 'stolen'. Only an idiot would have failed to note that it was the beefing up of the midfield for the first part of the game that had shaped the battlefield ready for us to reshape. Had we carried on starting with 4-4-2 we would have carried on losing.

Today was an unpleasant reminder that we are very much in the relegation battle. We have to recover and take something from another game to replace the lost points. This is football, we have every chance of doing just that (or of failing abjectly).

Keep the faith.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Feb 2013 21:22

The whole approach to the game was nervy, both in selection and performance. We played fantastically against Sunderland with McAnuff in the middle supporting (yes Brian, supporting) Pog and two quick wingers capable of hitting on the break. Playing Karacan in there instead was where we lost the game IMHO. We couldn't any sort of stronghold in the game and the flatness of our approach was reflected in the atmosphere. Not once did we get some momentum going which is where we are at our most dangerous.

Pearce's lack of selection was the most ridiculous piece of 'management' Brian has shown in his whole tenure.

Tbf to McD he's got it right lots of times recently so I'm not going to crucify the poor chap, but a combination of odd decisions no doubt caused by the pressure of the scenario cost us massively.

He'll get them right for Everton and all isn't lost yet but safety seems like a long way away tonight.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Feb 2013 21:23

By 4-5-1 I mean 4-2-3-1.

Problem is there is no support for Pog because we are so inflexible. Wingers never interchange, come inside or swap sides. Not a single CM breaks beyond the striker. Half the problem is our full backs don't get up and support. We can't double up on their full backs because ours are shit.

4-3-3 should definitely be the long term plan.

I don't think McDermott could get a side playing more possession football.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 23 Feb 2013 21:38

Well that was absolutely awful. Not one shot on target in a home game against one of the two teams below us in the league.
Wigan knocked it about nicely but so would Accrington if we allowed them that sort of space.

On a positive note, I braved it out till the bitter end and got into the M4 within 15 minutes. Probably because 20,000 of the crowd had left with 10 minutes still to go.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Feb 2013 22:17

We got bodied.

End.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Feb 2013 22:17

Totally dejected after that game. To try and take the positives, then Feds was superb. Can't think of another standout performance from our out field players though. Akpan was OK in breaking up play, but fluffed it every time we got the chance to do something.

Tactically, I don't think there is much else we can do. We have to keep 3 in the centre of midfield as our CM's are just not good enough to only play 2. This takes away one of the striker positions so when the ball does go forward our lone striker is isolated and crowded out and it appears our midfield are just not capable of getting forward and supporting him, hence why we lose the ball so quickly and we get dominated in possesion. If you give away possesion so cheaply and invite pressure by a Prem teams it is clear to see why we have the joint lowest number of clean sheets this year along with....you guessed it...Wigan, the team we made look like Barcelona today.

To an extent we need to remain calm as we are only 1 point from safety, but to appear so inferior to a team below us in the table and with 1 win in 10 before today's game is worrying to say the least.

BM's decisions were also back to his clueless bes especially on team selection. Based on his reasoning for Pearce being dropped, only Feds should start next week. I have been slated on my views on BM but we have to stick with him now until the end of the season, however I don't think we should let him lose on another Premiership campaign. It also goes to show what an utter failure the January transfer window was. Kelly has been fine but still not enough quality to give us a fighting chance of beating the drop IMO.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 22:30

Divvy
RoyallyFcuked I will go with Reading 0-2 Fulham towards the end of the 07/08 season. A game in which we were dominated, gutless and pathetic and which ultimately sent us down, there was shades of that today

Only shades? I'm all out of optimism after that nonsense today. Brian just doesn't have the tactical nouse to compete at this level. We're as good as down.

I'm not freezing my bollocks off in the cold for any more games this season, so Villa has gone straight on ViaGoGo. That's £130 in the pot for our season ticket renewals. I'll see about April. Money saved > watching a half-arsed condemned 'team'.

You think your Villa tickets will sell after today's debacle?! :shock:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 23 Feb 2013 22:30

Looked at the team at 2.50 today and thought 'how the hell are we playing in the PL?'

No getting away from the fact we were dreadful today in every area, on and off the pitch. Dreadful by PL standards that is.

We have the worst squad in the division and have done since day 1.

Players like McAnuff and Leigertwood have been excellent servants for this club, they are just not up to this level. Ditto for our manager. The level of abuse they get is fcking pathetic. Yet players like Guthrie, who has done absolutely fck all for Reading FC somehow has the sun shining out of his arse in some people's eyes. If thats you, then take a look at yourself. Sat watching today's game was painful, but not half as painful as being sat with spoilt for success fcktards abusing players whose only crime is to take the club into the PL.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 22:36

Norfolk Royal Can't really see this Akpan love in. He missed an excellent chance with a header in the first half when 0-0 which might have changed the game completely, made the odd tackle, but his distribution was very poor. He looked what he was until recently, a third division player trading up. I think he's a good prospect but get some perspective, if we're bringing in a player of his pedigree during the run in to a premiership campaign, it's not difficult to see why we're in the position we're in.

Not only did he miss that opportunity through jumping too early but he also scuffed a shot well wide after having worked himself into a great position. He will continue to improve and probably will turn into a very good player but he was never going to be our saviour this season. Once again Hammond and McDermott failed to sign the players that were really needed.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Feb 2013 22:53

Liar.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 23 Feb 2013 22:54

Tony Le Mesmer Players like McAnuff and Leigertwood have been excellent servants for this club, they are just not up to this level. Ditto for our manager. The level of abuse they get is fcking pathetic. Yet players like Guthrie, who has done absolutely fck all for Reading FC somehow has the sun shining out of his arse in some people's eyes. If thats you, then take a look at yourself. Sat watching today's game was painful, but not half as painful as being sat with spoilt for success fcktards abusing players whose only crime is to take the club into the PL.

Well said. The utter mongs that sit around me make attending games a thoroughly un-enjoyable experience.

The constant abuse of McAnuff for literally no reason other than their sheep mentality and their inability to form their own opinions makes me want to saw off their heads and shít down their necks.

If that spotty, skinny, ugly, ginger, four eyed cúnt that sits towards the front of Y21 stands up with his arms spread looking for adulation for his pioneering opinions (such as “get ‘im off bwian”) one more time I might have to man rape him to teach him a lesson.

314 posts