Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

325 posts
royalstu

Re: Villa (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by "we move on"

by royalstu » 09 Mar 2013 15:57

So vulnerable at the back, its embarrassing.

First signing of the summer should be a defensive coach.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Mar 2013 15:57

Against Sunderland we played well enough to suggest we could actually do this. What the hell happened?

Not just bad results since then; complete ineptitude and nothing to suggest we can get out of this situation.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 15:57

Villa 2 shots on Target 2 goals sums up our defense were shite :evil:

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 15:57

an absolute shambles. disjointed, lackluster and lacking in every position. reminds of my first wife in the bedroom, except her Legs weren't half as shite as ours is.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 09 Mar 2013 15:58

Don't press, can't pass, can't defend, one dimensional, most disappointing season in the 28 years I've been watching them after all the expectation. Cant wait for the season to end.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 09 Mar 2013 15:58

rhroyal Against Sunderland we played well enough to suggest we could actually do this. What the hell happened?

Not just bad results since then; complete ineptitude and nothing to suggest we can get out of this situation.

Just a case of the other team taking the chances they have. WBA, Everton, Sunderland all had many chances to bury us but didn't. That kind of luck - and luck is just what it is - cannot last forever.

barelylubedcock

by barelylubedcock » 09 Mar 2013 15:59

There is a guy in the pub that looks like Fred West, need to get a photo

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2013 15:59

jellytot The traditional pre half time fold then. oxf*rd sake. Back to how we played pre xmas. Really we have not learnt a thing about playing in the premier league. In this season or the last time we were in it. We need the class of players to play in it! We do not have them.

Can't blame any of the players for that. Even the likes of Leigertwood who has been pretty appalling for the most part - if he's told he's playing, he's going to play - even though he probably knows himself he has limitations. There is no creativity - every team has sussed us out. I don't care so much about being relegated, but I will care if the rot isn't stopped when we go down and we're struggling again next season.

I thought TSI wanted us to have Premier League football - I thought they'd not pay silly money but do what they could to ensure that we'd at least give it a real go - esp with the rise in TV money etc - instead, we're going down and I expect TSI will lose interest.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 09 Mar 2013 16:00

Our goalkeeper doesnt look very good
Our defence doesnt look very good
Our midfield doesnt look very good
Our Forwards dont look very good
Our manager doesnt look very good

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 16:00

Rumours that a very large women has just entered the stadium and reports of hearing vocal warm ups.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Mar 2013 16:00

Who Moved The Goalposts?
rhroyal Against Sunderland we played well enough to suggest we could actually do this. What the hell happened?

Just a case of the other team taking the chances they have. WBA, Everton, Sunderland all had many chances to bury us but didn't. That kind of luck - and luck is just what it is - cannot last forever.

Start of our run yes, but Sunderland did not have "many chances" to bury us; we were the better team and deserved our win. We just couldn't build on it.

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 16:01

Royal Lady
jellytot The traditional pre half time fold then. oxf*rd sake. Back to how we played pre xmas. Really we have not learnt a thing about playing in the premier league. In this season or the last time we were in it. We need the class of players to play in it! We do not have them.

Can't blame any of the players for that. Even the likes of Leigertwood who has been pretty appalling for the most part - if he's told he's playing, he's going to play - even though he probably knows himself he has limitations. There is no creativity - every team has sussed us out. I don't care so much about being relegated, but I will care if the rot isn't stopped when we go down and we're struggling again next season.

I thought TSI wanted us to have Premier League football - I thought they'd not pay silly money but do what they could to ensure that we'd at least give it a real go - esp with the rise in TV money etc - instead, we're going down and I expect TSI will lose interest.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Legs must KNOW he's out of his depth right? I mean, by now, it's so blindingly obvious that it's frankly embarrassing.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 09 Mar 2013 16:03

Defence has just been appalling. The only time we have looked remotely like we belong in this division was when we played with 5 men packing the midfield. We should have persisted with that even if it meant playing Hunt or Alf as a lone forward.

Since the beginning of Feb we have looked worse with every game.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 16:03

Bristol Paul Don't press, can't pass, can't defend, one dimensional, most disappointing season in the 28 years I've been watching them after all the expectation. Cant wait for the season to end.

This.

We all know we are/were trying tp punch above out weight with Chump players, but surely BmD could get them slightly better organised. Unfortuntely it is not only the players who are trying to punch above their weight, the manager as well. Love Brian, and sorry to say it, but he looks clueless at this level.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 Mar 2013 16:04

It seems like one of two scenarios have played out this season. Either we fall behind and comeback late to get something. Or we score first and can't hold it, more often than not losing the game. This game looks a case of the latter. Unfortunately I can see us coming out pressing for an early equalizer in the 2nd half, have someone get caught out of position and going down two. I hope I am wrong but that is what I see happening...

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 09 Mar 2013 16:04

yuomi
I've been thinking about this for a while. Legs must KNOW he's out of his depth right? I mean, by now, it's so blindingly obvious that it's frankly embarrassing.

What do you expect him to do? Refuse to play? He has struggled this year, but you can't say he isn't trying.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 09 Mar 2013 16:05

Never mind we still have bullshit bingo to look forward to in BMs post match dribble...eyes down look in :D

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 09 Mar 2013 16:06

You can't cling to the past if you want to succeeed in the future. Just heard that on a Delta Airlines Ad...Sums up our approach this season perfectly.

Still 45 minutes to go, and maybe we can get a couple of goals, but can't see us stopping Villa from scoring more.

Prem Season 2012/13...GAME OVER!

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 16:07

The Beardy Man
yuomi

What do you expect him to do? Refuse to play? He has struggled this year, but you can't say he isn't trying.

I blame BM keeps playing him and playing him and doesnt even sub him poor lad just go Ledge and resign

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 09 Mar 2013 16:07

I think the second goal is on Taylor. He just flaps it out to Agbonlahor

325 posts