CONFIRMED - Mariappa gone to Palace

142 posts
WestRoyal

Re: CONFIRMED - Mariappa gone to Palace

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 18:18

Best sour grapes was winchester_royal earlier on the deadline day thread:

winchester_royal
Simon's Church
winchester_royal 3m for Mapps? Lol, Palace really are mugs.

Isn't that what we paid for him? And now he's got an extra season of prem experience, it sounds reasonable tbh.

We were consistently mugged off last summer.

I think he showed himself to be out of his depth last season and I'm surprised he's still at the same value as he was this time last year tbh.

Last season:

winchester_royal
billy1990 Mariappa has not got enough credit this year

'Greed. Big fan of his. Classy player, one of the very few players we're likely to lose if we go down.
[/quote]

HAHA! that's why one should take these forums with a pinch of salt half the time.
What a Joker!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2013 18:20

Little disappointed tbh but hey ho!

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 18:23

Now now, this screams of being bitter.
I'd agree with you if Palace took legs and gunter, but Kebe and Mariappa were two of the better players in (an admittedly shockingly bad team) but were also branded about as being able to hack it at that level.[/quote]

not bitter at all, ive said for however long now maps is/was our best cb, but the fact remains he was part of a relegated team last season. aslo just because people have said he is our best cb that does not mean he is good, just better than what we have. and expectations of our players abilities have dropped massivly from this time last season[/quote]

Aruna Kone, Loice Remy, Callum Mcmanamam, Shaun Maloney, James Mcarthy to mention a few were all part of relegated teams.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2013 18:28

WestRoyal
Aruna Kone (AROUNA KONE), Loice Remy (LOIC REMY), Callum Mcmanamam (CALLUM MCMANAMAN), Shaun Maloney, James Mcarthy (JAMES MCCARTHY) to mention a few were all part of relegated teams.

Just in case people wanted to know who they were.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 18:32

To get out of this league you need proven centre backs at this level and mapps was more than that. If we got to the prem then you can start to make changes. The difference can be who we bring of the bench when the starters are out. I hope NA has a plan. Loss IMO

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 02 Sep 2013 18:32

TBH I am not bothered either way by this move. He was not here long enought to make an impression on me and if we got good money AND WE SPEND IT it's probably a good move for everyone.

And if we don't spend it I am sure Pog will pocket it.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 18:33

NewCorkSeth
WestRoyal
Aruna Kone (AROUNA KONE), Loice Remy (LOIC REMY), Callum Mcmanamam (CALLUM MCMANAMAN), Shaun Maloney, James Mcarthy (JAMES MCCARTHY) to mention a few were all part of relegated teams.

Excellent work new cork Excellent

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2013 18:34

WestRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WestRoyal

Excellent work new cork Excellent

Don't sweat it bro.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Sep 2013 18:35

Kebe, fair enough long time at the club, autumn years, last shot at the premiership. Marriappa...is dead to me.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 18:36

Excellent work new cork Excellent[/quote]
Don't sweat it bro.[/quote]

Your'e dam good, I just can't help it man

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 02 Sep 2013 18:47

Bollox to football

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2013 18:55

WestRoyal To get out of this league you need proven centre backs at this level and mapps was more than that. If we got to the prem then you can start to make changes. The difference can be who we bring of the bench when the starters are out. I hope NA has a plan. Loss IMO

*COUGHpearce&gorkssCOUGH*

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 02 Sep 2013 18:56

Atkins getting rid of all the black players.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Sep 2013 19:02

NewCorkSeth
WestRoyal

Not to mention players like Steven Fletcher, Matt Jarvis, Demba Ba, Scott Parker, Seb Larsson, Ben Forster and all sorts of proven Premier League players who've been relegated.

There's nothing to stop over teams getting more out of our old players than we did or that players who started for us are just going to be squad players elsewhere.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Sep 2013 19:07

Ian Royal
WestRoyal To get out of this league you need proven centre backs at this level and mapps was more than that. If we got to the prem then you can start to make changes. The difference can be who we bring of the bench when the starters are out. I hope NA has a plan. Loss IMO

We have twice been extremely lucky to go a whole season without a centre back getting injured, suspended, or even having a rough patch of form.

It seems that such seasons are atypical though. Most of the time, a reliable back up is extremely useful.

If Morrison picks up five yellow cards before the cut-off or Pearce gets a knock or two, we'll have to use Gorkss or else play someone out of position or use an unproven youngster. That could end up costing us. We should look to get someone in IMO, we shouldn't gamble on the first two staying in form and available.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Mariappa Gone. Palace confirmed

by Kitsondinho » 02 Sep 2013 19:11

WestRoyal
Kitsondinho Not too fussed about this. He clearly thinks he deserves to be a Prem player. He'll be back in the Championship with 3 relegations from the Prem on his CV. Losing Kebe was a much bigger blow. Mapps was just another decent Championship defender who thought he was better than he actually was.

That's a bit harsh, his manager didn't rate him enough to even get into the squad on most occasions, was yet to start or feature in a league game. The he has the chance to join a team from his end for another shot in the prem. No brainer don't you think. Stop the sour grapes

Went down at Watford. Went down with us. He will do the same with Palace. It isn't sour grapes. He is a good Championship defender but I am personally more upset about Kebe leaving. Mariappa is welcome to another season in the Prem.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Sep 2013 19:59

I'm most worried about Hammond's transfer window antics leaving us with just three experienced centre backs. Wasn't Mariappa also meant to be able to provide cover at full back.

Maybe the reason Hammond seems to have such dismal last days of transfer windows is that he is far too busy sorting out the outgoing players to be able to concentrate on bringing some new players in. He has just over three hours to prove me wrong!

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 20:10

SCIAG
Ian Royal

We have twice been extremely lucky to go a whole season without a centre back getting injured, suspended, or even having a rough patch of form.

It seems that such seasons are atypical though. Most of the time, a reliable back up is extremely useful.

If Morrison picks up five yellow cards before the cut-off or Pearce gets a knock or two, we'll have to use Gorkss or else play someone out of position or use an unproven youngster. That could end up costing us. We should look to get someone in IMO, we shouldn't gamble on the first two staying in form and available.

I think you can see where I'm coming from SCIAG.

WestRoyal

Re: Mariappa Gone. Palace confirmed

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 20:50

That's a bit harsh, his manager didn't rate him enough to even get into the squad on most occasions, was yet to start or feature in a league game. The he has the chance to join a team from his end for another shot in the prem. No brainer don't you think. Stop the sour grapes[/quote]
Went down at Watford. Went down with us. He will do the same with Palace. It isn't sour grapes. He is a good Championship defender but I am personally more upset about Kebe leaving. Mariappa is welcome to another season in the Prem.[/quote]

He MIGHT do the same with palace.
Yes I think he would welcome at least another season in the prem rather than a season on the bench or in the stands, most players would in his situation. It's not that he clearly thinks he should be a prem player as that makes him sound arrogant. Sayiing he'll have three relegations on his cv and saying he thinks he is better than he think sounds like sour grapes. The fact that he has been presented with an opportunity that may not come around again to better his situation considerimg the situation he is in now it's a No brainier

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 02 Sep 2013 21:19

RFC have brought in three good players and have now sold two. If we truly had the ambitions that AZ speaks about, neither would have been sold and 5/6 other players would now be part of of our squad! Reading promotion - ha,ha,ha!

142 posts