So who else do we need? *Post Drenthe/Pearce/Bridge*

128 posts
Judge Drenthe

Re: So who else do we need? *Post Drenthe/Pearce/Bridge*

by Judge Drenthe » 24 Jun 2013 20:33

Ouroboros
Pepe the Horseman Drenthe is as much a left back as Gareth Bale is.

Tbf I'd settle for Bale at LB next season.

Only once he's proved himself worthy of playing here.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jun 2013 20:53

Maguire
ZacNaloen You would hope he's been told to get fit by pre-season or else

Yep, I hope the "or else" was delivered in a really sinister manners as well

Thing is he might not be able to get fit enough despite all the facilities, professional help and determination he may have. We signed him in January for crying out loud, if he can't get fit by March why do people believe he's going to come back from pre-season a new man?

For my money his non-playing for Sporting wasn't just about a contract, it was a fitness thing (ie they knew about his issues and their contract offer reflected that), and that's why we picked him up at what might've been a cheap price for his talent and relatively unopposed.

Sometimes a player can't recover from an injury and, like Glen Little, they never get back to where they once were. Hopefully I'm wrong and that's not the case with Carrico but I can't see any reason for thinking he's going to suddenly become the player some of this board think he will.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jun 2013 21:26

Agreed.

Hard of course to know if there were residual injuries that hampered his progress but the central point is that he couldn't get fit enough to contest a first team place despite being in the system for months.

I hope he comes good but if I was a betting man I'd waged that he (and Roberts, whilst i'm here) won't hold down places in the side next season

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2013 21:38

Maguire Agreed.

Hard of course to know if there were residual injuries that hampered his progress but the central point is that he couldn't get fit enough to contest a first team place despite being in the system for months.

I hope he comes good but if I was a betting man I'd waged that he (and Roberts, whilst i'm here) won't hold down places in the side next season

Odds on Roberts and Carrico to make 15 starts between them in the coming season?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jun 2013 23:06

Maguire Agreed.

Not to mention the fact he's already given an interview pimping himself out to other teams.

Somehow I can't see him having the required motivation to undertake the required fitness work to get himself fit to play for Reading FC. Would love to be proved wrong though as he did seem to have some qualities to suggest he could be a very decent midfielder.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jun 2013 01:40

Striker and midfielder to come in, possibly 2 strikers depending on if Alf moves back up north

jellytot

by jellytot » 25 Jun 2013 08:06

Think that with the signing of Drenthe one of HRK, Kebe, Jobi or Blackman will be off. Will need to sign a striker for sure. Pog has to be leaving on his over inflated wages and rather mediocre performances last season (admittedly in a poor team) So the question really is does NA want to keep ALF? I hope he does then we have Roberts (if fit will add to the squad for sure) we are bringing on some academy kids so just one striker is a needed as HRK or Drenthe could play up top. We probably need cover in central midfield too as I am not sure Leig is going to stay. Two or three more additions needed in total I think.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 25 Jun 2013 08:27

jellytot Think that with the signing of Drenthe one of HRK, Kebe, Jobi or Blackman will be off. Will need to sign a striker for sure. Pog has to be leaving on his over inflated wages and rather mediocre performances last season (admittedly in a poor team) So the question really is does NA want to keep ALF? I hope he does then we have Roberts (if fit will add to the squad for sure) we are bringing on some academy kids so just one striker is a needed as HRK or Drenthe could play up top. We probably need cover in central midfield too as I am not sure Leig is going to stay. Two or three more additions needed in total I think.

I'd be surprised if Roberts plays much of a part next season...that injury of his has taken an age to sort and he hasn't done anything competitively since to say that it's been fully sorted....time will tell but I think he will be a fringe player purely based on that injury..

128 posts