Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 00:48

No wonder we have problems.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 04 Jan 2014 14:45

So he gets his wish and starts today. Let's all hope he's as good as he thinks he is.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jan 2014 15:02

Good luck in the shop window today, Alfie.

If only someone at RFC had the balls to sack Nige there might be some point in you staying.........................and you never know, just ask Emanual Adebeyor :P

Failing that, I'd sooner be one of the first rats off a sinking ship :|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 15:08

Woodcote, I'm interested to know why you pine so much for Le Fondre starting when neither Adkins or McDermott fancied him as a starter, and more importantly, we create so little chances that he would be a passenger anyway?

Just curious, not digging. Sharp has a bit more to his game and Adkins is very big on what he see's in training, so I can understand his preference for Sharp starting ahead of him. As for Blackman, well he has a lot of strengths that Alf doesn't. Playing out wide being one, holding the ball up being another, and is apparently one of the best players in training every week. Alf can put the ball in the net, but that's it.

FWIW I'd have him in the side in a 4-4-2, but only when we're creating chances to be able to afford to accommodate him.

fruits

by fruits » 04 Jan 2014 15:20

I always thought goals win matches. I must have got it wrong for the last 57 years-

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 15:21

fruits I always thought goals win matches. I must have got it wrong for the last 57 years-

Of course they do, but goals come from chances created, and we're lucky to get two shots away a game! So when we aren't scoring or creating, we need to offer something else to help the side, and that's where Le Fondre lets himself down, and the likes of Sharp, Pog and Blackman offer more.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2014 15:21

Woodcote Royal Good luck in the shop window today, Alfie.

If only someone at RFC had the balls to sack Nige there might be some point in you staying.........................and you never know, just ask Emanual Adebeyor :P

Failing that, I'd sooner be one of the first rats off a sinking ship :|

And if he does do well we can tell him he is staying, despite his bleating, he still has quite a bit of a decent contract remaining.

As for sacking Adkins, you might not have to worry, I reckon there's a fair chance that when he fails to get a commitment to back him in the transfer window, he will tell our two bungling owners to stick their job. What's more, whilst Laurel and Hardy continue to squabble over money, there won't be a queue of managers waiting to join us. Wonder whether Anton will sanction the sale of ALF if there is no manager.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Jan 2014 15:23

SPARTA Woodcote, I'm interested to know why you pine so much for Le Fondre starting when neither Adkins or McDermott fancied him as a starter, and more importantly, we create so little chances that he would be a passenger anyway?

Just curious, not digging. Sharp has a bit more to his game and Adkins is very big on what he see's in training, so I can understand his preference for Sharp starting ahead of him. As for Blackman, well he has a lot of strengths that Alf doesn't. Playing out wide being one, holding the ball up being another, and is apparently one of the best players in training every week. Alf can put the ball in the net, but that's it.

FWIW I'd have him in the side in a 4-4-2, but only when we're creating chances to be able to afford to accommodate him.

He is without question the most bitter RFC 'fan' on this site. Seriously if I hated the Reading set up that much I'd just stop supporting them.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 Jan 2014 15:29

Jimbo So he gets his wish and starts today. Let's all hope he's as good as he thinks he is.

I would love for him to score today a) because we need it & b) because it would just make any situation of Adkins not playing him in the league laughable

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jan 2014 15:30

SPARTA Woodcote, I'm interested to know why you pine so much for Le Fondre starting when neither Adkins or McDermott fancied him as a starter, and more importantly, we create so little chances that he would be a passenger anyway?

I wish McDermott had started him more regularly but no one can deny that he used Alf effectively.....................top scorer (12?) in last seasons team relegated from the top flight.

I agree that we are creating nothing and that makes him being here pointless whether he's in the team or on the bench.

Adkins is killing this club and wasting McDermott's legacy. I can't think of one good reason why any ambitious player would want to stay here...............................we've been in reverse from the day Nige arrived and it's actually getting worse :|

Alf will be just the tip of the iceberg unless Adkins is removed

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 15:35

To be fair we've been in reverse ever since we won promotion and McDermott was unable to adapt his tactics in the Premier League, despite telling us he was learning from his mistakes.

Yes McDermott used Alf effectively, but let's not forget that was by throwing him on when we were behind and decided to gung-ho! In that sense Adkins could use him more, but Le Fondre would still want out if that was all he got. Just look at his comments in GetReading as soon as McDermott went!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Jan 2014 15:35

So McDermott didn't start Alfie but left a legacy...

Adkins doesn't either but you want him out?

Makes sense I guess.

And :lol: :lol: at legacy. Are you having a fcuking laugh? I liked McD but what are you smoking? There was only ever one way for that team to go I'm afraid & it was down. Brian or no Brian.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jan 2014 15:40

MmmMonsterMunch

He is without question the most bitter RFC 'fan' on this site. Seriously if I hated the Reading set up that much I'd just stop supporting them.

I know there's no shortage of thick people who post here but you deserve the star prize.

If I hated Reading, I wouldn't have had a season ticket for 12 years and I wouldn't be planning to renew it for the foreseeable future whether I can face attending or not.

What I hate, you silly little pr*ck :evil: ) is what Adkins is doing to this club.....................if I didn't care, why would I bother engaging with the likes of you?
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 04 Jan 2014 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Jan 2014 15:43

Just like the Murphy's he's not bitter.

Yes resort to insults again. RatLOLed.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 15:52

I don't buy that Adkins is ruining the club. He told Gooding recently that he needs a big clear-out. He wouldn't say that if he was happy with the players he had. If you give him the time and windows to ship some out and bring in his own players, I'm confident peoples opinions would change. He has a decent record for a reason. These players just aren't good enough, even for direct football which we have reverted to recently. That may be partly down to attitude as well.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jan 2014 15:55

MmmMonsterMunch Just like the Murphy's he's not bitter.

Yes resort to insults again. RatLOLed.

MmmMonsterMunch And :lol: :lol: at legacy. Are you having a fcuking laugh? I liked McD but what are you smoking? There was only ever one way for that team to go I'm afraid & it was down. Brian or no Brian.

Anyone, like you, who spends their life on here will have the time to check back and see which of us is most fond of dishing out the the insults.....................it is isn't me.

McDermott left us in the top flight and with a guaranteed 4 season's worth of parachute payments........................feel free to post a list of past Reading manager's who have left a bigger legacy.

The day I'm rattled by the likes of you will be the last day I spend on this earth.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2014 17:31

Think yourself lucky Le Fondre. Had you started every game this season like you claim you should have, your minutes per goal ratio would by now have looked pretty dreadful.

Another 90 minutes today and one weak shot to go on your record?!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 Jan 2014 17:35

Not like any of our other strikers are creating anything though.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2014 17:43

SPARTA I don't buy that Adkins is ruining the club. He told Gooding recently that he needs a big clear-out. He wouldn't say that if he was happy with the players he had. If you give him the time and windows to ship some out and bring in his own players, I'm confident peoples opinions would change. He has a decent record for a reason. These players just aren't good enough, even for direct football which we have reverted to recently. That may be partly down to attitude as well.

Rodgers said just the same before he was sacked and yet McD got the useless players a safe 9th, play offs next season and then Champions.

I said when Adkins was appointed that it would take 20-25M and a complete change of squad to get Reading to play the possession passing game as the players we had were not that type. But there was no money and so Adkins is failing and will continue to fail. Unless we suddenly have 35M plus to invest this window (as it is always more expensive to buy players at this time of year) the only hope for this season is to sack him and revert to playing the way we used to. The alternative is to play the very long game and be patient for several years changing the squad and bringing youth through – but new owners will not have long term patience.

Whether it is fair or not I very much doubt that Adkins will in change by the end of the season.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 Jan 2014 17:58

Thought Alf played well today. Showed a battling spirit and quality touches and link up we have rarely seen from him. Only had a couple of half chances to be fair.

355 posts