Keep
61%
Fire
39%

Total votes: 243
SHORT AND CURLY

Re: New Poll - Adkins

by SHORT AND CURLY » 05 Jan 2014 14:12

So Dellor is asking what the majority of us see, think and know.
Adkins simply cannot handle pressure/criticism very well.

The sooner Adkins walks the better for everyone of us

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jan 2014 14:19

SHORT AND CURLY So Dellor is asking what the majority of us see, think and know.

So Dellor should at least have the balls to stand by what he is saying, rather than being two-faced and the moment Adkins turned on him, adopting a 'it's not me it's the fans, I back you and have often said so' (the latter bit is pretty economical with the truth to say the least) approach.

As for saying that 'the sooner Adkins walks the better for everyone of us' I guess you support one of our local rivals!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Jan 2014 14:20

leon Dreadful PR from Adkins - accusing local radio bloke of running a hate campaign against him, with absolutely no evidence except his own paranoia.

+1

F*ck off Adkins, you Bell.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 05 Jan 2014 14:21

floyd__streete So, some two-bit local journalist is undermining Adkins is he? :lol:

Tbf to the bloke, he is only reflecting popular opinion. Basically everyone I speak to about RFC has hated this current season, the ineffectual style of football and the increasingly poor results. Most of those same people wouldn't mind one bit if Adkins walked now.

BUT ITS DELLOR'S FAULT :!:

That will be the 78 of you then.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 14:22

RoyalBlue
SHORT AND CURLY So Dellor is asking what the majority of us see, think and know.

So Dellor should at least have the balls to stand by what he is saying, rather than being two-faced and the moment Adkins turned on him, adopting a 'it's not me it's the fans, I back you and have often said so' (the latter bit is pretty economical with the truth to say the least) approach.

Selective listening from yourself. He has never said get rid of Adkins so why would he have to stand by saying something he hasn't said?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Jan 2014 14:22

madstadblues
floyd__streete So, some two-bit local journalist is undermining Adkins is he? :lol:

Tbf to the bloke, he is only reflecting popular opinion. Basically everyone I speak to about RFC has hated this current season, the ineffectual style of football and the increasingly poor results. Most of those same people wouldn't mind one bit if Adkins walked now.

:|

Not everyone I speak to hates the Tories, m8.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2014 14:24

madstadblues

44% which will no doubt increase once we have are arse smacked by Watford.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2014 14:29

Oilroyal All good managers get local media onside. I think Adkins missed this from day one.

All good managers deal with problems

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2014 14:41

After the sacking of Adkins the mirror included the following dated 18th Jan 2013

Adkins was seen as having weaknesses - particularly when it came to communication skills - and the ex-Bangor and Scunthorpe manager was, in the eyes of some squad members, still learning as he went along in the Premier League.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2pX7LMtKZ
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 05 Jan 2014 14:53

Oilroyal
madstadblues

44% which will no doubt increase once we have are arse smacked by Watford.

Average 16000 home fans
180 poll responses = 1.1%
80 = 0.5 %

Hardly representative

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jan 2014 16:47

Regardless of your own personal opinion on NA.....for some on here to suggest Dellor has backed him is just bollox I'm afraid. He's had the knives out for him from day one.

I suggest you listen to the Forest away commentary for starters. I quote "That is absolutely appalling management Mr Adkins" when he made a sub prior to Gunter getting sent off. How on earth is he supposed to legislate for that?! Dellor was whining that we needed to make a sub as Forest were getting back into it, then he did & Dellor came out with that little beauty.

That's just one of many. He has sniped at him throughout the commentary I've heard - well before the run we find ourselves in now as well.

To say to his face he backs him whilst pointing out how lots of fans want him sacked just underlines what a two faced, passive aggressive little weasel he is being.

Fair enough ask the tough questions as that's what you're paid for, but don't act as though you are trying to support or champion him as you clearly aren't Tim!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2014 17:05

MmmMonsterMunch Regardless of your own personal opinion on NA.....for some on here to suggest Dellor has backed him is just bollox I'm afraid. He's had the knives out for him from day one.

I suggest you listen to the Forest away commentary for starters. I quote "That is absolutely appalling management Mr Adkins" when he made a sub prior to Gunter getting sent off. How on earth is he supposed to legislate for that?! Dellor was whining that we needed to make a sub as Forest were getting back into it, then he did & Dellor came out with that little beauty.

That's just one of many. He has sniped at him throughout the commentary I've heard - well before the run we find ourselves in now as well.

To say to his face he backs him whilst pointing out how lots of fans want him sacked just underlines what a two faced, passive aggressive little weasel he is being.

Fair enough ask the tough questions as that's what you're paid for, but don't act as though you are trying to support or champion him as you clearly aren't Tim!

If people think NA is a bell, what are your opinions on Dellor??

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 17:24

He has never called for him to be sacked though and that was the accusation levelled at him by our sorry excuse for a manager.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jan 2014 18:11

Lifted directly from the Leeds forum:

"Dog s**t. Utter dog s**t. Gutless, clueless and utterly one dimensional. An entire second half of hoofing the ball up to the front men and watching it either mopped up by their centre halves or trickle back safely to their keeper, when we needed to be keeping the ball, pinning them back and putting them under pressure. We were completely outplayed by a Division 4 side. They wanted to get it wide and get it down and play. We wanted to hoof it up to the big, 6' 7" lad and hope.
Dopey f***ers."

"F*cking pathetic, well done Rochdale, deserved the win.

Really like the guy, but Brian's got to take some of the blame. The formation hasn't been working, but sticks with it again. Hoof ball. Playing the same team constantly, despite lack of form from some players. No subs until 10 mins left, Poleon and Ariyibi should have been on at half time. Smith isn't good enough to start every game, should be an impact sub. Austin's not good enough, needs to be dropped for once. Poor defending. Etc."

"BMC is an average manager in a high pressure job.. by all means retain him but we're treading water while he's here...and indeed while GFH in their current incarnation are here. I'd rate McDermott above Warnock but below Grayson as manager"

I honestly think Adkins will come good if he gets the chance to get some of his own players. I think the real time to start judging him would be end of March onwards once he's HOPEFULLY been able to add / offload a couple of players.

In the meantime I am praying we can get a few points on the board so the pressure from the fans is lifted somewhat. As long as we get enough points to stay up, I will continue to trust Adkins' judgement.

Also - in his interview he was very positive about SJM / board etc saying they are doing everything they can to make things happen. He did not once have a pop at them so hoping that means he knows a bit more than he's letting on. He also said something like "Remember the last transfer window & we got some business done very early" which I think implied they have some targets lined up & ready to go.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 05 Jan 2014 18:32

But how much is the board 'allowed' to sanction when the owner is AWOL? Don't we need him to sign off on any substantial reinforcements? The only way I can see that happening is that Madejski has been given back the reins albeit within a finite budget...and that won't be large, I'd guess.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jan 2014 18:34

Agent Balti But how much is the board 'allowed' to sanction when the owner is AWOL? Don't we need him to sign off on any substantial reinforcements? The only way I can see that happening is that Madejski has been given back the reins albeit within a finite budget...and that won't be large, I'd guess.

I would assume the combo of Hammond, Howe, SJM & possibly Samuelson would have clout to do business if they wish. We've always got players in Jan so hoping that's the case again.

Samuelson has attended most games hasn't he? Regardless of Anton, it's in every parties' interest for Reading to improve 2nd half of the season.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 05 Jan 2014 18:46

MmmMonsterMunch
Agent Balti But how much is the board 'allowed' to sanction when the owner is AWOL? Don't we need him to sign off on any substantial reinforcements? The only way I can see that happening is that Madejski has been given back the reins albeit within a finite budget...and that won't be large, I'd guess.

I would assume the combo of Hammond, Howe, SJM & possibly Samuelson would have clout to do business if they wish. We've always got players in Jan so hoping that's the case again.

Samuelson has attended most games hasn't he? Regardless of Anton, it's in every parties' interest for Reading to improve 2nd half of the season.

One would like to think so...unless we're selling McCarthy and/or Feds and feeding off the proceeds (unlikely...humour me!)

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2014 18:47

MmmMonsterMunch Lifted directly from the Leeds forum:

"Dog s**t. Utter dog s**t. Gutless, clueless and utterly one dimensional. An entire second half of hoofing the ball up to the front men and watching it either mopped up by their centre halves or trickle back safely to their keeper, when we needed to be keeping the ball, pinning them back and putting them under pressure. We were completely outplayed by a Division 4 side. They wanted to get it wide and get it down and play. We wanted to hoof it up to the big, 6' 7" lad and hope.
Dopey f***ers."

"F*cking pathetic, well done Rochdale, deserved the win.

Really like the guy, but Brian's got to take some of the blame. The formation hasn't been working, but sticks with it again. Hoof ball. Playing the same team constantly, despite lack of form from some players. No subs until 10 mins left, Poleon and Ariyibi should have been on at half time. Smith isn't good enough to start every game, should be an impact sub. Austin's not good enough, needs to be dropped for once. Poor defending. Etc."

"BMC is an average manager in a high pressure job.. by all means retain him but we're treading water while he's here...and indeed while GFH in their current incarnation are here. I'd rate McDermott above Warnock but below Grayson as manager"

I honestly think Adkins will come good if he gets the chance to get some of his own players. I think the real time to start judging him would be end of March onwards once he's HOPEFULLY been able to add / offload a couple of players.

In the meantime I am praying we can get a few points on the board so the pressure from the fans is lifted somewhat. As long as we get enough points to stay up, I will continue to trust Adkins' judgement.

Also - in his interview he was very positive about SJM / board etc saying they are doing everything they can to make things happen. He did not once have a pop at them so hoping that means he knows a bit more than he's letting on. He also said something like "Remember the last transfer window & we got some business done very early" which I think implied they have some targets lined up & ready to go.

Let sandman at 'em. :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jan 2014 19:08

sandman He has never called for him to be sacked though and that was the accusation levelled at him by our sorry excuse for a manager.

No, he hasn't used those actual words. However, he has hardly been publically backing him, as he tried to imply when 'our sorry excuse for a manager' decided to hit out at him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 19:44

RoyalBlue
sandman He has never called for him to be sacked though and that was the accusation levelled at him by our sorry excuse for a manager.

No, he hasn't used those actual words. However, he has hardly been publically backing him, as he tried to imply when 'our sorry excuse for a manager' decided to hit out at him.

In the conversation between Adkins and Dellor, Adkins said Dellor had led a campaign for him to be sacked.
Dellor's reply: "No, when people have said you should be sacked, I've backed you."
Yeah, a blatant lie... :roll:

If Adkins had behaved reasonably and merely put it to Dellor that his criticism was often unduly harsh then we'd have something to discuss.
But no, Adkins put forward an unfounded, exaggerated accusation, which was quickly, and fairly easily, brushed away.
Adkins knew he'd overplayed his somewhat limited hand and quickly backed down.

If people really 'back' Adkins then they should probably quickly let this post-match spat go. It reflects badly solely on Adkins after all.

178 posts