BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2015 21:00

Royal Ginger No police went into the stands.

The stewards couldn't let one bloke dance around on the steps whilst everyone else sat, and definitely couldn't just let it be when he refused to sit. The rules are made clear, they had only one course of action. Shame they had to as he was doing a good job. Many people who didn't see this incident are blowing it out of proportion. You'll see the same think happen at many sporting events and concerts up and down the country every day. This is no great injustice and no special event.

You are right, no police went into the stands, the cowardly tangos got them to do their dirty work in the concourse by all accounts. Why the f*ck did the club waste police time calling them?! It's not exactly like the bloke was violent or on the list of wanted hooligans. I saw most, if not all, of the incident from not that far away and it looked very much like the stewards overreacted. Both my son and I have also experienced that sort of overreaction, although we weren't actually thrown out because we talked our way out of the situation. However, that should not have been required because neither of us had breached any ground regulation.

In my opinion this was a great injustice but sadly not a special event at the Mad Stad. The people who are really to blame for destroying what atmosphere that there was at the Mad Stad are Clive Doyle and his merry band of deputies.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2015 22:52

Snowball I was at the game, thought we should have gone in at least one-up.

We definitely edged the first half, and I was telling the ST holder who had missed
the Leeds/Wigan games that we we three times better than in those games.

But, so often, missed chances eventually cost you.

Even if there is "blame" (not closing down, imperfect positioning by Feds,)
two of Forest's goals were really very special, more-or-less the kind of goals
you just have to applaud.

The one in between, a bit of trickery doing Pearce, well that happens too.
Nobody is perfect. It wasn't like we were a side being ripped apart.

For me it was like playing decently against a premiership side and eventually
getting picked off by 1-2-3 good goals. (Don't mean Forest were Prem quality
but their goals were.)

First half Gunter-McCleary were very good indeed, but nothing quite happened
for us on the day. Cox has lost a lot of confidence shooting - happens to most strikers -
I remember arguments here about Shane Long who couldn't (and wouldn't ever)
score from open play.

We had good possession, made enough chances to have won most games, were never
sliced apart. despite the result, stand back and think, we played pretty well overall.

Previous game we lost to three very poor individual errors.

This game we lost to three top-drawer goals and our own profligacy
in front of goal. Confidence is low, luck is low. As long as the manage
can head off a total collapse in confidence, we'll be fine.

Good post

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Mar 2015 23:21

melonhead
Snowball I was at the game, thought we should have gone in at least one-up.

We definitely edged the first half, and I was telling the ST holder who had missed
the Leeds/Wigan games that we we three times better than in those games.

But, so often, missed chances eventually cost you.

Even if there is "blame" (not closing down, imperfect positioning by Feds,)
two of Forest's goals were really very special, more-or-less the kind of goals
you just have to applaud.

The one in between, a bit of trickery doing Pearce, well that happens too.
Nobody is perfect. It wasn't like we were a side being ripped apart.

For me it was like playing decently against a premiership side and eventually
getting picked off by 1-2-3 good goals. (Don't mean Forest were Prem quality
but their goals were.)

First half Gunter-McCleary were very good indeed, but nothing quite happened
for us on the day. Cox has lost a lot of confidence shooting - happens to most strikers -
I remember arguments here about Shane Long who couldn't (and wouldn't ever)
score from open play.

We had good possession, made enough chances to have won most games, were never
sliced apart. despite the result, stand back and think, we played pretty well overall.

Previous game we lost to three very poor individual errors.

This game we lost to three top-drawer goals and our own profligacy
in front of goal. Confidence is low, luck is low. As long as the manage
can head off a total collapse in confidence, we'll be fine.

Good post

we're as good as releg8ed

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 02 Mar 2015 03:37

Davezk For their 3rd it was a great shot but Fed was a bit far off his line; maybe he would have saved it if he was further back.

Although, had the striker shot it low, Feds would have narrowed the angle and given himself a better chance of saving it. Or if he had crossed it Feds was in a position to come forward and claim it. In hindsight we know the shot was high and went in via the underside of the bar so we make our judgements with that knowledge. In my view (and from my angle in the West Stand) it was a great strike and would have beaten most keepers wherever they were stood.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Mar 2015 09:12

How many half goals and half assists did we get Snowball?

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 02 Mar 2015 11:00

Faithful Son
Wycombe Royal
bobby1413 Video on FB of the guy being thrown out. Looks to be an older man standing up singing with the whole stand "stand up for the blue and whites" I think anyway

I wasn't too far away from it and the guy was doing a decent job of creating an atmosphere today. The steward in front of me was slating the stewards who were dealing with him but reserved his biggest criticisms for the head steward and he used a few choice words to describe him.

Yes, these two guys managed to get some reaction from the crowd and created some atmosphere. The tango twats then decided to eject them from the ground but thought better of it when the guys in question received a huge vocal support from hundreds of fans in both the east and north stands. Instead they waited until half time and got them when they went for a pie and a pint. So much for back the boys and make some noise. The club won't be happy about this.....they should have waited until after they had bought their half time refreshment before kicking them out...wasted revenue.

I think you'll find that, for once, there was plenty of atmosphere before that oaf, literally, reared his ugly head. We were well into the 'Blue Armys' before he stood up and started goading the fans around him suggesting we were only cheering cos we thought we were off to Wemberlee. The irony was that everyone then cheered him when the tangos backed off when a few minutes earlier he'd been taking the p*ss out of us!

It probably was an overrreaction by the tangos but the guy should not be held up as any kind of hero.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Mar 2015 12:07

Seems like the Chronicle was right after all. Hooliganism is a problem at Reading Football Club.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Mar 2015 12:52

No Fixed Abode Seems like the Chronicle was right after all. Hooliganism is a problem at Reading Football Club.

:lol: Must try harder

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Mar 2015 13:36

I think you'll find that, for once, there was plenty of atmosphere before that oaf, literally, reared his ugly head

agree on oaf.

massively 100% disagree about the atmosphere. was its usual levels of polite clapping, and sparsely contributed to blue armys before, and after OafG8

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 02 Mar 2015 13:57

melonhead
I think you'll find that, for once, there was plenty of atmosphere before that oaf, literally, reared his ugly head

agree on oaf.

massively 100% disagree about the atmosphere. was its usual levels of polite clapping, and sparsely contributed to blue armys before, and after OafG8

+1
The usual "Blue army" for about two seconds before it almost stopped and and then he got up and it started and grew. All down to him.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2015 14:05

melonhead Was good game I thought. We had some glorious chances and played nice Football but as usual can't finish or supply a creative final ball.

^ that bit is really getting on my tits.

The number of times McLeary and Günter got in a crossing position and the ball was just chipped over with no bend or pace, Bread and butter for the defenders and difficult for our forwards to attack
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 02 Mar 2015 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Mar 2015 14:06

UpThePrem
melonhead

agree on oaf.

+1
The usual "Blue army" for about two seconds before it almost stopped and and then he got up and it started and grew. All down to him.

Gotta agree about our atmosphere, most times I get to join in with 1 line, on the 2nd attempt it usually cuts out halfway and I'm stood there mumbling the rest like an idiot.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 02 Mar 2015 15:43

TBF it was not all bad & after the Wigan game a massive improvement.
However in the Chumpionship you cannot carry passengers & we had two in Cox and Kanu.

I though Gmac, Gunter & Williams (apart from his opening howler) were pretty good.

The big problem as mentioned, however is the lack of a goal scorer.

We have to therefore be a lot tighter in midfield by playing three in there, protect Hector & Pierce & hope we can nick a goal.

We are generally better away from Home as teams attack us & leave gaps.

Up against a set defence-remember Wigan (or perhaps not !)-we are absolutely clueless.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Mar 2015 16:54

We have to therefore be a lot tighter in midfield by playing three in there, protect Hector & Pierce & hope we can nick a goal.

tbf when he tried that we still lost and everyone moaned like hell

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Mar 2015 16:58

Didn't realise Pierce Sweeney was playing on Saturday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2015 18:03

melonhead

tbf when he tried that we still lost and everyone moaned like hell

Because we carry EVEN LESS goal threat and outlet encouraging teams to just keep controlling the game and probing because the worst they'll get is a draw.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Mar 2015 23:50

Surprisingly decent response to the stewards vs oaf debacle On the os. Imo

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2015 09:42

melonhead Surprisingly decent response to the stewards vs oaf debacle On the os. Imo

if you like that sort of thing

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 10:02

leon
melonhead Surprisingly decent response to the stewards vs oaf debacle On the os. Imo

don't get me wrong
its only decent if you expected nothing, or bland support of the stewards and something about swearing and standing being bad.
for them to come out and be even mildly positive about the oafG8 situation at all is a pleasant surprise
imo

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2015 10:14

melonhead
leon

don't get me wrong
its only decent if you expected nothing, or bland support of the stewards and something about swearing and standing being bad.
for them to come out and be even mildly positive about the oafG8 situation at all is a pleasant surprise
imo

ok I've actually read it now. :lol:

I agree. I think now is the time for the Club to try and put something in place to make the atmosphere better.

214 posts