Hob Nob Legend

Re: Blackpool match fred sponsored by a mouldy tangerine

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 21:40

Nearly lost it then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 21:41

Well you can't say the fans haven't played their part.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 07 Apr 2015 21:41

Arsenal are quaking in their boots

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Apr 2015 21:43

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch When did we last win at Bloomfield Road? Stattos?

By my reckoning it's a good 5-6 years.

11 August 2001, so nearly 14 years. :cry:

A memorable trip.

Terrible weather and I lost my car keys in the Pleasure Beach; on the Sunday I blogged a hire car (despite not having my drivers licence with me) drove down from Blackpool to High Wycombe, broke into the house I was living in to get the spare keys, then drove back to Blackpool to deliver the hire car and get my car, before then driving back down to Wycombe - some 680 miles driving all in torrential rain!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 07 Apr 2015 21:45

harry Arsenal are quaking in their boots

maybe our plan is to render them senseless with laughter

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 07 Apr 2015 21:45

Is it all over? The match I mean - not the pain!

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 07 Apr 2015 21:46

marlowuk Is it all over? The match I mean - not the pain!

The pain never ends

The game might

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Apr 2015 21:47

Why was Appiah taken off at half-time? Injury or just rubbish? (If the latter, better not tell Snowball.)

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 07 Apr 2015 21:47

Toot... Full time.....point mildly useful I guess.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 07 Apr 2015 21:47

fin

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 21:48

What a result! Get in lads. That will give us a huge boost for Wembley.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 07 Apr 2015 21:50

MmmMonsterMunch What a result! Get in lads. That will give us a huge boost for Wembley.

we're by far the greatest team ...... errr

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Apr 2015 21:51

tmesis
Ian Royal

Bloody hell. I've been there three times, won 4-2, won 4-0, won 2-0.

Maybe we can't get used to it no longer being the only football ground built with wattle & daub.

I remember being there one Tuesday night about ten years or so ago we won 2-0 but only memory was being the coldest I've ever been in my entire life at a football match

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 07 Apr 2015 21:52

Looking forward to the team we put out next Tuesday for the Champions elect! :lol:
Record home defeat anyone? :oops:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 07 Apr 2015 21:55

Ian Royal I could grow to dislike Clarke quite quickly and easily I fear.

I don't mind duff results with an injury hit squad and our promising youngsters gaining experience. I'm less tolerant when dodgy stop gaps and Chelsea youth products are playing instead.

Absolutely spot on. He's lost me already. Ferdinand (ok not his), Knight, Yakubu, Ake (never going to sign for us in a million years), Appiah (3w ago playing against Leeds U21 and being crap despite scoring a dodgy hat-trick) etc etc.

In the meantime, a decent U21 squad being effectively told to piss off - FFS what is Clarke on?? Would we have been any worse off playing Samuel, Cooper, Kuhl etc and giving them some decent experience instead of taking on the has-beens, never-were's and couldn't be arsed's from other clubs to keep us in 19th spot this season???

Nope, he's toast for me - and don't even start on the FAC run - I mean who have we beaten - really? Derby away aside (when their minds are set on auto promo), nobody worth talking about.

I am DREADING 18th April, I really am. Season cannot come soon enough.

Clarke is another "I'm best mates with Mourinho so I'm shit hot". Bodgers was another one of those charlatans, and he's been found out - again!

If this club seriously intends to go forward rather than be relocated to free up valuable retail park space, then Dolan is the only serious way forward. It is clear the Thais are not in this to make a go of the football club, and will not be putting any serious money in to the club, (summer transfer window was self financed and resulted in a 2M profit FFS), so we have to rely on the Academy. Adkins was trying to do this, but had insufficent time, Clarke is not in the sligtest bit interested in the Academy, whicjh means Dolan is the obvious choice to bring about progression.

I'm hoping this rant will totally backfire on me and we walk off with the FAC this season, whilst winning our remaining league games, but I serioulsy doubt it will happen.

Oh well, back to how supporting RFC used to be!! :wink:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 07 Apr 2015 21:57

Mr Angry
Ian Royal

A memorable trip.

Terrible weather and I lost my car keys in the Pleasure Beach; on the Sunday I blogged a hire car (despite not having my drivers licence with me) drove down from Blackpool to High Wycombe, broke into the house I was living in to get the spare keys, then drove back to Blackpool to deliver the hire car and get my car, before then driving back down to Wycombe - some 680 miles driving all in torrential rain!

Jesus H Christ - you are some kind of hero! Not sure what kind mind, but bloody hell, THAT is dedication.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 07 Apr 2015 22:01

Those screaming for the under 21's to play might like to note that they beat Brighton 1-0 this afternoon taking them up to third in their division.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 07 Apr 2015 22:31

strap
Ian Royal I could grow to dislike Clarke quite quickly and easily I fear.

I don't mind duff results with an injury hit squad and our promising youngsters gaining experience. I'm less tolerant when dodgy stop gaps and Chelsea youth products are playing instead.

Absolutely spot on. He's lost me already. Ferdinand (ok not his), Knight, Yakubu, Ake (never going to sign for us in a million years), Appiah (3w ago playing against Leeds U21 and being crap despite scoring a dodgy hat-trick) etc etc.

In the meantime, a decent U21 squad being effectively told to piss off - FFS what is Clarke on?? Would we have been any worse off playing Samuel, Cooper, Kuhl etc and giving them some decent experience instead of taking on the has-beens, never-were's and couldn't be arsed's from other clubs to keep us in 19th spot this season???

Nope, he's toast for me - and don't even start on the FAC run - I mean who have we beaten - really? Derby away aside (when their minds are set on auto promo), nobody worth talking about.

I am DREADING 18th April, I really am. Season cannot come soon enough.

Clarke is another "I'm best mates with Mourinho so I'm shit hot". Bodgers was another one of those charlatans, and he's been found out - again!

If this club seriously intends to go forward rather than be relocated to free up valuable retail park space, then Dolan is the only serious way forward. It is clear the Thais are not in this to make a go of the football club, and will not be putting any serious money in to the club, (summer transfer window was self financed and resulted in a 2M profit FFS), so we have to rely on the Academy. Adkins was trying to do this, but had insufficent time, Clarke is not in the sligtest bit interested in the Academy, whicjh means Dolan is the obvious choice to bring about progression.

I'm hoping this rant will totally backfire on me and we walk off with the FAC this season, whilst winning our remaining league games, but I serioulsy doubt it will happen.

Oh well, back to how supporting RFC used to be!! :wink:

I agree with this apart from the bits about the new owners. Hands tied their I'm afraid and i'm sure we will grow to like them as time goes on. I'm sure there is nothing else they could have done since they arrived.

Sack Clarke and appoint Dolan or Lambert and i'll love them forever :wink: Clarke just doesn't seem to have any method in the market, he has no managerial pedigree and I fear next season will be lost if we let this guy carry on and trust him to re-build in the summer.

I also think it was the right decision to sack Adkins.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Apr 2015 22:37

A Baggies supporting friend of mine used to call Clarke the "Tinkerman". I think we're now starting to see why he earned that moniker at WBA. No point in changing formation at 1-0 on Saturday and no point in changing the starting line up today. Get the three points, then rest players as both Blackburn and Bournemouth will be tough games

159 posts