BFTG - Arsenal

251 posts
LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG - Arsenal

by LWJ » 19 Apr 2015 12:40

Did anyone record the full game? Could you send it to me if possible, thanks.

by 9165 » 19 Apr 2015 12:44

Can`t add too much to whats already been said, but a couple of points:-

Pog clean through after an advantage when fouled by Gabriel - surely the ref should have booked Gabriel, who would then have been sent off for his later assault.
Ref seemed to be waiting for Arsenal to score in ET as time definitely up when they were just past the half-way line. Its not rugby is it when the ball has to go out before the game ends ?

If Hector plays like that for the rest of the season, how the hell are we going to keep him here?!

If we had had Long or Doyle up front when clean through (like Pog was) there would at least have been a shot on target.

Good to see the point made on BBC that 3 of our back 4 came through our academy - all English too. Take note Arsenal.
Also good that Martin Keown doing the analysis - was very complimentary and fair as he was for the Bradford replay.

However, `a grand day out` and a proud but disappointed hoop today. 2 Quarter finals and a semi in the last 6 seasons can`t be too bad can it, never mind promotion and a play-off final ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Apr 2015 12:44

If we had made more of our set pieces we would have won that. Genuinely.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Apr 2015 12:44

Tony is correct - was a substitution, Walcott came on.

Although frustrating the added time was valid. Time board does not need to be displayed.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Apr 2015 12:53

I thought that Mccleary (?) made an error in judgement when putting a cross in during the attack just before the winner. There wasn't really anyone in the box and we should probably have just kept the ball and got to half time. Instead they went up the other end and Feds made his mistake.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 19 Apr 2015 13:04

Immensely, immensely proud of the club yesterday. People have been critical of Clarke at times but I've always felt he's been taking us in the right direction and several of our league games over the last few months have probably been compromised by a. changing the team around to prepare for the cup and b. not having all that much to play for in the league. I definitely think Clarke is the right man to take us forward and liked the way he spoke after the game.

There was a point midway through the second half when I thought we might just nick it, which I never really anticipated. That we reached that point is enough for me for now and the celebrations after McCleary's goal were wonderful. Great support throughout - just hope we can start transferring some of that mentality to the league next season for both supporters and players, and that we can put another decent cup run together too.

Awful way to lose it but I suppose that's football. I knew Federici was getting married on the weekend of the cup final and my friend joked to me a week or so ago it would be unfortunate if he made the key error to stop us getting there! Prophetic words with hindsight I suppose. Federici made some great saves before that though and has been excellent generally in the last two full Championship seasons he's played with us. I suspect he'll win our POTS vote and hopefully he - and many others involved yesterday - will still be here next season.

We do always seem to have the right end for seeing the goals!

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 19 Apr 2015 13:12

Hector - absolute class and my MotM with Struggle Pig a close second with Chalobah.

Was in Club Wembley in the Arse end. It was like a Library except for about 90 seconds after they scored both their goals. Strangely, couldn't really hear the jester's hats at the other end.

No other RFC in my section apart from a couple of old boys from Berkshire a few rows behind. When the equalizer went in, the look on everyone's faces was priceless. Giving it large to the Arse wasn't one of my finest moments. :lol:

Well done SWLR on the "so you're all from Hertfordshire, we support our local team" comment on the train from Marylebone.... and a couple of rounds of "You're so quiet you sound like Aldersh*t" and"Bill Oddie".

Lots of ifs.... if Pog had buried that first half chance; if the ref had blown for the end of the first half extra time when he should have; if we'd had been given the handball pen - was it?.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Apr 2015 13:13

I'd also say I think Clarke's affection for the club is starting to come through now. I think he realises what a dreadful couple of years it's been for us fans and we've shown we will back the team to the hilt if we're getting some effort in return. The support was absolutely phenomenal yesterday - I can't remember many showings as good as that.

I love what he said after the game & his reaction for our equaliser. I think here he's found something that he can really get his teeth into and make his own.

I really really like him and I am massively excited for next season already. The guy is a winner and I think he could become one of my favourite ever Reading managers.

Lets make the final few home games a party - we need to get the Mad Stad rocking again and I suspect yesterday was the shot in the arm the club needed.

Who says the magic of the cup is gone? Not me!

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 19 Apr 2015 13:16

LWJ Did anyone record the full game? Could you send it to me if possible, thanks.

In trouble with the old bill again?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 19 Apr 2015 13:35

genome If we "had scored more goals than Arsenal" we would have won that. Genuinely.

+1

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 19 Apr 2015 13:39

9165 Can`t add too much to whats already been said, but a couple of points:-

Pog clean through after an advantage when fouled by Gabriel - surely the ref should have booked Gabriel, who would then have been sent off for his later assault.

Mute point but that's a logical fallacy because if he had been booked then the game would have changed from that moment and then chaos theory takes over

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2015 13:41

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal +1

Yesterday doesn't even enter consideration for the top 10 most disappointing games for me. I'm not upset in the slightest. We outperformed my wildest dreams and come away having just not quite had enough talent or luck to beat the second best team in the country who were on a great run of form, some 35+ league places above us.

Well good for you. I was a lot younger for the 95 game & didn't go as regularly back then. I am much more 'invested' in the team as an adult. Who we played yesterday was irrelevant for me. We could have woken up as FA Cup finalists this morning. I am still completely inconsolable today.

I will say though - I'll take back whatever I may have said in the past about not having the semi finals at Wembley. Having experienced it as a football league side, I am sold.

That's why we all love football so much I guess. What a rollercoaster.

95 was my first game. I had no clue. It took years for me to understand and the pain to establish and sink bone deep.

I think what really helps me in general though, is that I'm future focused. No matter how bad it gets, there's always next season to look forward to with the hope of success. What's done is done and the crap days just give the context to make the good days so sweet.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Apr 2015 13:44

Did anyone see that bloke that reportedly fell out if the stand?

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 19 Apr 2015 13:58

LWJ Did anyone record the full game? Could you send it to me if possible, thanks.

i have it recorded on Sky+. Not sure how To get the recording onto a format that i could send. Will take a look later. If anyone knows post it up.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 19 Apr 2015 14:06

Just got back. DOnt remember a huge amount of the game but the fans in 523 were quiet as fook. The loudest noise was made by the poor couple who me and my friend fell on when we were celebrating getting a corner. Genuinely sorry about that. It wasn't cool.

Anyway,....a great day and to not lose by 3 is a result. Just gutted at the way it happened. It would be nice to, just fukking once, come away from these games without an individual incident. Lovell. Rougiers ass. Etc etc. Maybe losing by 3 would have made today more bearable.

I have to say that most arsenal fans I met were decent enough. Still fukking hate them though.im going to bed.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Apr 2015 14:21

Royal Ginger Did anyone see that bloke that reportedly fell out if the stand?

I'm not sure, saw the article on getreading with the shot taken outside block 114 (where I was), when McCleary scored there was a guy who fell over a row of seats and landed head first but I swear he stayed the rest of the match so it must have been someone else.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2015 14:28

GetReading The 32-year-old was taken to hospital with head and back injuries, but his condition is not thought to be life-threatening

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 19 Apr 2015 15:03

Proud & gutted in equal measure.

Just watched it again on TV. The second half was a fantastic game of football. Real end to end stuff in the last 5 minutes. Poor mistake from Federici, but it was his save that got us to extra time in the first place.

Williams & Hector were immense. Williams just shaded MOTM for me. If only we had a goal scoring centre forward.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Apr 2015 15:06

Unfortunately it's on the humax. You're welcome to come round some time. :lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 19 Apr 2015 15:12

You can download match in full here: https://kickass.unblocked.pw/motd-match ... .html#main

251 posts