Sack The Manager... REALLY?!

191 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Sack The Manager... REALLY?!

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2016 20:46

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal On the last point, the club has been very good at telling people what to expect. Unfortunately most don't listen. McDermott's already told us not to expect big spending in the summer iirc.

You're talking rubbish.
Not for the first time...

See the end of the below.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-11187909

Were Brian certain that there is no money to spend his refusal to play youth, and persistence with loan players, would be all the more contemptible.

:| I didn't say he'd said there'd be no money. And quoting an article from the last day or so saying nothing has been decided doesn't preclude him having said previously not to expect big spending. And I made it quite clear I wasn't positive, but it's something I remember from a month or so ago... Having checked, it's something off the record someone PM'd me about, so it seems I'm itk for once. 8)
Last edited by Ian Royal on 17 Apr 2016 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 17 Apr 2016 20:46

frimmers3 My question is where did you copy and paste your question from?

Well you see Frimmers? I copied and pasted it out of my own head.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Apr 2016 21:15

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal On the last point, the club has been very good at telling people what to expect. Unfortunately most don't listen. McDermott's already told us not to expect big spending in the summer iirc.

You're talking rubbish.

Were Brian certain that there is no money to spend his refusal to play youth, and persistence with loan players, would be all the more contemptible.

:| I didn't say he'd said there'd be no money. And quoting an article from the last day or so saying nothing has been decided doesn't preclude him having said previously not to expect big spending. And I made it quite clear I wasn't positive, but it's something I remember from a month or so ago... Having checked, it's something off the record someone PM'd me about, so it seems I'm itk for once. 8)

If the club's using you as its spokesperson then it's no wonder most people aren't listening.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2016 21:22

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
You're talking rubbish.

If the club's using you as its spokesperson then it's no wonder most people aren't listening.

Apology accepted, I realise that must have been dreadfully painful for you.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Apr 2016 22:18

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal

Apology accepted, I realise that must have been dreadfully painful for you.

:lol: You're kidding right...
You seriously think a random PM to you on hobnob = "The club has been very good at telling people what to expect. Unfortunately most don't listen. McDermott's already told us not to expect big spending in the summer"

Brian has told the public nothing has been decided.
I couldn't care less what someone has allegedly told you in private.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2016 23:12

Comprehension fail.

Now =/= always.

The message for this summer will be put out at the appropriate time. McDermott has already said in a semi public forum that we won't be spending big. That message is likely to continue.

Find an example of when our spending hasn't been in line with what the club was saying.

Try to twist what I'm saying all you want to pull it this way and that, but the underlying message is spot on. The club tells us what it will be trying to do and it doesn't stop a sizeable section of our fanbase hearing what they want to hear and expecting things that haven't been promised.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 17 Apr 2016 23:19

Can't remember the specific wording but Brian made it clear on radio
that he HAS TO promote a lot of youf for next year

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Apr 2016 23:39

Snowball136 Can't remember the specific wording but Brian made it clear on radio

Why not promote them now then when the results are irrelevant.

If he wants to persist with a front three of Piazon/Cox/Vydra then I'll have to draw the obvious conclusion that he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Apr 2016 00:06

Snowball136 Can't remember the specific wording but Brian made it clear on radio

Thats why hes here. Cheap buys and yoof if his whole thing.
The gamble on Clarke didnt pay off. So its back to prudence again for us.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Apr 2016 02:08

Maneki Neko

Thats why hes here. Cheap buys and yoof if his whole thing.
The gamble on Clarke didnt pay off. So its back to prudence again for us.

I'd much rather have a laugh watching Manset huff and puff for 30 minutes then the monotony of the supposedly prololific £2.5m loanee Vydra miss literally fcuking everything.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2016 12:55

P!ssed Off

Why not promote them now then when the results are irrelevant.

If he wants to persist with a front three of Piazon/Cox/Vydra then I'll have to draw the obvious conclusion that he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Because they're on loan gathering vauable experience in an easier league and more positive environment to best equip them for contributing to next season as a phased breakthrough in professional competitive football.

Resulst have only been irrelevant for a week or two. Meanwhile they've been playing regularly for a couple of months or more.

Rather than being forced to try to carry a team in poor form at a more difficult level.

Because our fans are oh so supportive right now.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2016 13:10

Stacey and Fosu went on loan less than a month ago. At which point we were almost certainly safe.

As for an unsupportive crowd. Vydra was being cheered as a hero up until a few weeks ago when the penndy dropped amongst the happy clappers. I'd say crowds have been very pleasant considering the dross we've been served for the last few years.

Criticism for the main has been confined to the internet/radio, which might upset your sort, but I doubt the players take muxh notice.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Apr 2016 13:54

P!ssed Off Stacey and Fosu went on loan less than a month ago. At which point we were almost certainly safe.

As for an unsupportive crowd. Vydra was being cheered as a hero up until a few weeks ago when the penndy dropped amongst the happy clappers. I'd say crowds have been very pleasant considering the dross we've been served for the last few years.

Criticism for the main has been confined to the internet/radio, which might upset your sort, but I doubt the players take muxh notice.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2016 17:52

Maneki Neko
P!ssed Off Stacey and Fosu went on loan less than a month ago. At which point we were almost certainly safe.

Not to mention it ignores all the other factors I mentioned, bar crowd.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2016 19:33

Ian Royal
Maneki Neko

Not to mention it ignores all the other factors I mentioned, bar crowd.

Because they're on loan gathering valuable experience in an easier league and more positive environment to best equip them for contributing to next season as a phased breakthrough in professional competitive football. Nonsense about positive environment, don't assume other people are as sensitive as yourself. Fosu & Stacey would be best equipped to contribute next season by playing matches with Rakels, Kermorgant, Norwood, Quinn, Obita, Gunter etc.

Resulst have only been irrelevant for a week or two. Meanwhile they've been playing regularly for a couple of months or more. As stated above they've been out on loan less than a month, and results were largely meaningless by that point.

Rather than being forced to try to carry a team in poor form at a more difficult level.Why would they be forced to carry the team? Yet more nonsense.

Because our fans are oh so supportive right now.More nonsense.

Happy now?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Apr 2016 19:51

[quote="P!ssed Off"]Nonsense about positive environment, don't assume other people are as sensitive as yourself. Fosu & Stacey would be best equipped to contribute next season by playing matches with Rakels, Kermorgant, Norwood, Quinn, Obita, Gunter etc.[/color]

[quote]

If you had gone to the game on Saturday. You'd seen Evans run box to box for 60 odd minutes. Then you'd seen him hit the wall. Totally ran out of gas. Step up from playing in the lower leagues takes time.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2016 20:15

Lower West
P!ssed Off Nonsense about positive environment, don't assume other people are as sensitive as yourself. Fosu & Stacey would be best equipped to contribute next season by playing matches with Rakels, Kermorgant, Norwood, Quinn, Obita, Gunter etc.[/color]

If you had gone to the game on Saturday. You'd seen Evans run box to box for 60 odd minutes. Then you'd seen him hit the wall. Totally ran out of gas. Step up from playing in the lower leagues takes time.

Are you saying Evans shouldn't have started the game? What's your point...

If Fosu starts a game and get's tired after 60 minutes then sub him off, not rocket science.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Apr 2016 22:13

P!ssed Off
Lower West
P!ssed Off Nonsense about positive environment, don't assume other people are as sensitive as yourself. Fosu & Stacey would be best equipped to contribute next season by playing matches with Rakels, Kermorgant, Norwood, Quinn, Obita, Gunter etc.[/color]

Are you saying Evans shouldn't have started the game? What's your point...

Little point in filling the team with youngsters who aren't going to manage a full 90 minutes. Going to take time to get them up to the required fitness level. Championship football is played at a far higher tempo than leagues below.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Apr 2016 22:23

If McDermott's going to stick with this diamond formation then there's not much room for Stacey or Fosu.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Apr 2016 23:59

Id imagine he will play whatever system suits the squad at his disposal when the wundow shuts. If he gets to rebalance the squad then that can be whatever he wants.

191 posts