197 posts
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 08:48

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
As I told you I have close contacts who might lose a job. Wishing people out of work is spiteful. Maybe when you lose your job when you have mortgage/rent and bills to pay I'll say that to you? But yes life goes on

No one wants anyone to lose a job, but it's a reality of football.

Where were your complaints about people losing jobs in any of the last 3 seasons where we cut back because of Covid or slashed our wage bill by almost £10m a season?

No where, because you're only bringing it up to make personal attacks on people who aren't acting like the manchild you are.

I love your empathy...

Football seems like an unhealthy obsession for you

If you are getting this upset I suggest take a break, go support a local NL team like Bracknell or Maidenhead who need the funds more and have more passion

Me personally, if I still lived in Reading area, would do that

I'm getting a season ticket for myself and my sons first ever one for our local Ishtmian league team next year

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 08:49

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul Jimmy will you moan about relegation all summer or is there a cut off point?

I'll be ok in a few weeks once the heart break goes

Heartbreak ffs

:lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:51

Loafer
Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul Jimmy will you moan about relegation all summer or is there a cut off point?

Heartbreak ffs

I'm sorry this relegation hurts me

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 May 2023 08:53

I think the most gutting thing about it for me is that we were in the top half midway through the season and even after 30 games, we were comfortably safe. I could probably understand/accept it more if we were in the bottom 6-8 teams for the majority of the season like most were expecting us to do, it's more the fact that we were more than ok for most of the season.

Obviously the points deduction hasn't helped, but we've been so poor overall since the turn of the year. Just a combination of factors have done it, poor management, players that lack quality, a persistent lengthy injury list and the points deduction.

Life goes on though and we will be back up at some stage, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 08:56

We've won 2 games in 22 and got a points deduction, how anyone hasn't seen this coming from a mile off and come to terms with it weeks ago is beyond me.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 May 2023 09:10

A shame to be going down, of course. Over 20 years in the top two flights is some effort from a club that has found its home in the bottom tiers over its lifetime, albeit I guess a club that has until recently been in good financial standing.

Looking forward to local derbies with Wycombe and Oxford. Will be good to play some different clubs, I guess. Lincoln, Orient, Bristol Rovers (I remember a Boxing Day trip there some time ago), Fleetwood. Albeit amazed how 'strong' the top of the League One table looks. Hoping Carlisle come up to see how many away fans make that trip.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 05 May 2023 09:25

Thoughts are with those who scrambled for a ticket to what is now a funeral :lol:

Roll on next season. I'm genuinely not bothered. I think when you've been there and seen it, seen the highs of finishing 8th in the Premier League and the lows of struggling in League 1, you kinda lose the magic and the dreams you once had for your club; coupled with being ran into the ground by a dipstick owner, I do struggle to care any more.

As long as the embargo is definitely lifted in June, I'll get a season ticket again and watch what I expect to be another relegation battle.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 May 2023 09:34

Snowflake Royal We've won 2 games in 22 and got a points deduction, how anyone hasn't seen this coming from a mile off and come to terms with it weeks ago is beyond me.

Because after 33 games we had won five of our last 13 and were sitting a fairly comfortable 14th, having only lost two home games since September. That's why. Sure, this has been on the cards in the immediate past, but this hasn't been on the horizon all season, far from it.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 May 2023 09:34

Loafer
Royal_jimmy

Heartbreak ffs

All sorts of people can suffer heartbreak. Heartbroken students for instance...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 09:36

Orion1871
Loafer
Royal_jimmy

Heartbreak ffs

That's world class.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 05 May 2023 09:44

For me:

1970/71
1976/77
1982/83
1987/88
1997/98
2007/08
2012/13
and now...2022/23

Weird, but I can remember where I was and what I was doing at the moment of all of those relegations. 1970/71 was really hard - we had been a third-tier club for FORTY years and it felt like our natural ceiling. Relegation: it is truly a strange beast...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 May 2023 09:49

Franchise FC
Stranded Deserved and very calm about it but my job doesn't depend on it. Worth pointing out, that even without the deduction, we would be having to go to Huddersfield not being certain of safety, thats how bad we've been for the last few months.

Not buying into the existensial crisis - we'll be fine, may take a few years to rebuild but half the clubs in the Championship have been in a similar position or worse and to be honest, with no restrictions and different spending rules, the rebuild may well be easier in L1 now.

It's not great but its happened.

We will still need to comply with FFP on massively reduced revenue, so I’m not convinced about the ‘no restrictions’ bit yet

The rules are slightly different in L1 but our wage bill come 1st July will be tiny and with an almost definite fee coming in for Puscas as well as the odd sale of some of Ince, Holmes, McIntyre, Ejaria - we will probably be in a good place under those terms. We will be competitive in the market, particularly the fee agent market.

The big question mark of next season is what the team will actually look like - I can see us signing 10-15 new players and how they gel will be key. That's why the #1 priority has to be getting the new manager in place before May is out.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 May 2023 09:59

As Ian said, 2 wins in 22 both against teams fighting against the drop. whichever way you look at it that`s appalling, 5 or 6 wins a season..really???
Other teams had a bit of fight about them but we surrendered with a whimper. I`m quite relaxed about it, look at Barnsley and posh,, both shit last season but both in and around the play-off spots, of course it will all depend on what kind of squad we have but I`m confident we will be top 10.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 05 May 2023 10:06

Snowflake Royal We've won 2 games in 22 and got a points deduction, how anyone hasn't seen this coming from a mile off and come to terms with it weeks ago is beyond me.

As i watched Sky Sports News pan to the Madejski for Reading going 2-0 up against Luton, it was the first time in a long time when i thought, wow Noel Hunt has turned it around and is going to save us.

That feeling lasted all of about 3 seconds when the person at the ground was saying, Carroll has been sent off and the goal is not standing.

Thereafter its been inevitable.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 10:09

Royal_jimmy
Sutekh
Royal_jimmy
What's exciting about playing Stevenage and Port Vale twice?

What’s exciting about playing Luton and Stoke twice? Same dreary areas of the country same cr@ppy types of ground. Least IF Reading did bounce straight back (and they have done that before after a relegation with the club in a mess (83-84)) the club will be better off as it would have had a winning season which is lot better to have than another struggling load of god awful cr@p in the higher division.

Just want next season to start now so we can see how the club stacks up.

Better players

Yes great let’s go and watch Reading get dicked at Stoke by their better players. It’s all relative, rather watch a side being reasonably successful at the lower level and developing the better players of tomorrow itself than the supposed better “sad sacks” and “rejects” the club have been forced into trying to make something out of with one arm tied behind its back due to the idiot management decisions that the club continually makes.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 10:11

windermereROYAL As Ian said, 2 wins in 22 both against teams fighting against the drop. whichever way you look at it that`s appalling, 5 or 6 wins a season..really???
Other teams had a bit of fight about them but we surrendered with a whimper. I`m quite relaxed about it, look at Barnsley and posh,, both shit last season but both in and around the play-off spots, of course it will all depend on what kind of squad we have but I`m confident we will be top 10.

As long as it’s not a 3rd to 6th place finish.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 10:28

Orion1871
Loafer
Royal_jimmy

Heartbreak ffs

Shrug.gif

15 years ago :|

I did warn you not to talk to me because I do have your IP address, they aren't hard to find. I said that in my PM (oma).

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 May 2023 10:36

Um, what can you do with an IP address? Are you going to threaten everyone that lives in his general area?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 May 2023 10:41

Two massive turning points for, the six point deduction and the Carroll red card. Without Carroll being sent off we may well have beaten both Luton and Wigan.

It would be interesting to know who knew what and when about the likelihood of the six points. Since the new year I have had the impression that we were aiming to get to 50 points, largely through grinding out draws rather than trying to win. If the club knew that a deduction was inevitable months ago, clearly, that's a pretty dumb strategy to have followed.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 May 2023 10:44

Greatwesternline

As i watched Sky Sports News pan to the Madejski for Reading going 2-0 up against Luton, it was the first time in a long time when i thought, wow Noel Hunt has turned it around and is going to save us.

That feeling lasted all of about 3 seconds when the person at the ground was saying, Carroll has been sent off and the goal is not standing.

Thereafter its been inevitable.

That handball was probably the thing that finally doomed us.

197 posts