BTFG Cambridge

121 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BTFG Cambridge

by Sutekh » 07 Sep 2023 08:52

Snowflake Royal
Snowflake Royal
yuomi Watching back that Kaikai run in the first 30 seconds, the three players he beats on Cambridge's left wing - well inside the 18 yard line - are Azeez, Vickers, and Savage, with Knibbs spectating nearby. Mbengue is hugging the six yard box and the cross goes over his, Dean's and Abbey's heads with Ahadme beating Carson to win the header.

I still don't fully understand how we set ourselves up last night, but that feels like a lot of players way out of position from the off.

In hindsight I think I let my anger/disappointment get the better of me last night, and was probably unduly harsh on a couple of players. But still think that they had far too much joy running at us, and that we didn't try and run at them anywhere near enough.

Might have to have another look because I thought Mbengue got turned inside out on that early chance.

Fair play yuomi, spot on. Vickers not a full back by the looks. A case of too many cooks none of them defenders getting in each other's way.

Interesting rewatching the highlights. For what felt like two sides lacking much goal threat when watching it live, there were some really good chances to score for both teams.

They had the first 60 seconds header, a narrowly wide header from a corner with a bit of pinball, and their goal.
We had the scramble with 3 shots in 5 seconds that Vickers nearly turned in, a corner Dean just put over, Kelv's deflected shot just wide and the Knibbs shot off the bar

Should really have been higher scoring.

And Knibbs scored.

121 posts