Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
unclewal

by unclewal » 22 Mar 2007 14:28

Top Flight Anyone know anything about the Blackburn game away from home on the final day of the season?

I will be in Los Angeles on that day and I was wondering if the game will be shown in the US and where would be a good place to watch the match without having to go through South Central LA and risk getting gunned down!

I am hoping to watch the match in a safe soccer bar in LA. Any advice out there from my US buddies? (Please advise me of a venue where I won't get shot! Getting shot is my only concern)

The Kings Head in Santa Monica is a good spot.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 14:30

RoyalChicagoFC
Top Flight Anyone know anything about the Blackburn game away from home on the final day of the season?

Not yet, and any news before the tail-end of April would come as a welcome surprise.

Watch this space for timely news, and if it's on TV, we'll find you a venue that likely will require you to hit the road --but I've lived out there, and we'll steer you well clear of any slow cruises on surface streets thru South Central, Watts or EezDelAy.

Oh, and that'll be a 7:00 AM kickoff.

Thanks Royal Chicago. I look forward to your advice! I will be staying in Pasadena by the way. So ideally anything around that part of LA would be great. What is an LA bar like at 7 in the morning? Is breakfast gonna be served up? That would be quite cool watching the Royals over a huge American breakfast!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 14:32

unclewal

I will be in Los Angeles on that day and I was wondering if the game will be shown in the US and where would be a good place to watch the match without having to go through South Central LA and risk getting gunned down!

I am hoping to watch the match in a safe soccer bar in LA. Any advice out there from my US buddies? (Please advise me of a venue where I won't get shot! Getting shot is my only concern)

Oh really....... I'll have to make a note of all this....... I will certainly have to double check this thread nearer the time.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 14:37

unclewal

Just read some reviews for it....... Looks good. Is it on Ocean Drive?

There was one very dodgy review though.

unclewal

by unclewal » 22 Mar 2007 14:48

The Kings Head in Santa Monica is a good spot.[/quote]

There was one very dodgy review though.[/quote]

I would say that your chances of getting shot are pretty low. And Santa Monica is a nice place to hang out after the game.

Royalscot

by Royalscot » 22 Mar 2007 14:51

Anyone know a good place to watch the match v Spurs on April 1st in the Arlington Tx area?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 15:11

Realistically the Reading/Blackburn game isn't gonna get shown is it?

It'll be Liverpool or United or someone else.

Plus the game is on a Sunday, so what bar is gonna be open at 7am?

I just looked at Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena and they don't open until 8:30 am on a Sunday. They do open at 7am on a Saturday though.

Plus, would I be the only person in the bar at 7am?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 15:15

unclewal The Kings Head in Santa Monica is a good spot.

There was one very dodgy review though.[/quote]

I would say that your chances of getting shot are pretty low. And Santa Monica is a nice place to hang out after the game.[/quote]

Just read that the Kings Head in Santa Monica doesn't open until 11am. So I'm not gonna be able to see this game really am I.

I may as well get my hopes back down again. If the game is shown in America, that would be a miracle in itself. But then I need a bar opening at 7am on a Sunday. My best hope is to catch a rerun later in the day. And make sure that I don't know the score before hand. It shouldn't be too difficult to avoid finding out the score in America.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Mar 2007 15:32

Royalscot Anyone know a good place to watch the match v Spurs on April 1st in the Arlington Tx area?

This one's on FSC, a cable channel that may be on the menu wherever you're staying, in which case there would be no need to go out in order to see it (kickoff 10:00 AM Texas time). I've got a request in to my guy in the Dallas metroplex regarding venues and will advise, but again --if you can get to any TV that's hooked up to a cable menu that includes FSC, you're golden.

Top Flight I may as well get my hopes back down again. If the game is shown in America, that would be a miracle in itself.

About a 30 percent chance, based strictly on the fact that there will be ten games going at once on the last day and the fact that there are three channels here (FSC, Setanta and Setanta Xtra) that most likely will be showing live fare. It's also most likely, as you note, that at least one match will be airing on same-day delay (almost certainly one on FSC, and probably one or more on Setanta).

No worries --if it's showing here at all, we'll get your schnozz in front of a TV at the appointed hour.

I did a lookup on my old post code in HoLOLLOLywood and, from this list, found this place in Studio City (not far from Universal Studios) that looks quite promising, with doors opening early and not too long a drive from Pasadena (Santa Monica would be farther away). There are also places in Glendale, which is closer, but hours could be a problem.

In any case, just some stuff to have for your knowledge for now and until schedules firm up as the date approaches, and phone numbers to call once you hit the ground.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 23 Mar 2007 08:10

Top Flight I may as well get my hopes back down again. If the game is shown in America, that would be a miracle in itself. But then I need a bar opening at 7am on a Sunday. My best hope is to catch a rerun later in the day. And make sure that I don't know the score before hand. It shouldn't be too difficult to avoid finding out the score in America.

Top Flight, the Fox and Hounds sounds like a good place to watch the match. I will drive over from Rancho Cucamonga to meet you with my Reading shirt on to make sure they show the game!

http://www.thefoxandhounds.com/sports.html

It would be cool if any other Southern California Hob Nobbers could meet up there too!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Mar 2007 12:32

Just to remind amidst all of the Hoob Noob USA travel planning:

England U21s v. Italy @ Wembley LIVE on FSC Saturday morning from 8:30 AM Eastern and again from 11:00 PM Eastern on Saturday nite. Also, last crack at Pompey highlights on Premier League Review Show today from 3:00 PM Eastern on FSC.

seahawk10 Top Flight, the Fox and Hounds sounds like a good place to watch the match. I will drive over from Rancho Cucamonga to meet you with my Reading shirt on to make sure they show the game!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind getting in touch with the place beforehand and reporting back here? Seems like they mean business and are well open for 3:00 kickoffs (7:00 AM local time), but it never hurts to confirm. Would be much obliged mate.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Mar 2007 14:59

seahawk10
Top Flight I may as well get my hopes back down again. If the game is shown in America, that would be a miracle in itself. But then I need a bar opening at 7am on a Sunday. My best hope is to catch a rerun later in the day. And make sure that I don't know the score before hand. It shouldn't be too difficult to avoid finding out the score in America.

Top Flight, the Fox and Hounds sounds like a good place to watch the match. I will drive over from Rancho Cucamonga to meet you with my Reading shirt on to make sure they show the game!

http://www.thefoxandhounds.com/sports.html

It would be cool if any other Southern California Hob Nobbers could meet up there too!

Seahawk....... Sounds like a cool plan..... Just checked their website and it looks really promising! Let's touch base nearer the time!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 23 Mar 2007 16:05

RoyalChicagoFC
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind getting in touch with the place beforehand and reporting back here? Seems like they mean business and are well open for 3:00 kickoffs (7:00 AM local time), but it never hurts to confirm. Would be much obliged mate.

I just got off the phone with Mark, and he assured me that they will be open for the early football games even with the time change. And check this out, he is a huge Seahawk fan too!

So we are all set for the Reading game on May 13th, and he suggested keeping an eye on the website as he will update the schedule a couple of weeks in advance.

We had a good chat and I am going to start heading over there for some of the big Seahawk games too when the NFL kicks off again in the fall.
He is third from the left in this pic:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 Mar 2007 20:39

U.S. & Canada, UK & EU now on summer time; total coverage for Tottenham away...

Next up
Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sunday 1st April: Scheduled for LIVE telecast in the U.S. on FSC from 11:00 AM Eastern. Also airs LIVE in Canada on FSW.

The match is scheduled to re-air in full on FSC from 2:00 AM Eastern on Monday the 2nd (11:00 PM Sunday on the West Coast) and once more from 5:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 4th, also on FSC

Also on Wednesday the 4th, an abbreviated screening (90 minutes, plus ad breaks) of the Sky Sports Fan Zone feed of the match is scheduled to air from 11:00 PM Eastern on FSC

Extended match highlights scheduled to air first-time on the Premier League Review Show on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 1st April and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 4:00 AM on Tuesday; and from 5:00 AM on Thursday (times Eastern and on FSC, all subject to change)

After that
Liverpool (H) Saturday 7th April: Now confirmed for LIVE telecast in the States on FSC from 10:00 AM Eastern. Also airs LIVE in Canada on Rogers Sportsnet. Also scheduled to repeat on FSC from 2:00 AM on Sunday the 8th (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast) and, with a full slate of Premier League matches scheduled for Easter Monday, that may be the last time that it airs

Extended match highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 9:00 PM Eastern (an hour later than usual) on Sunday the 8th, and again from 5:00 AM Eastern on Monday, with additional airtimes during the following week (if any) to be announced

And then a quick turnaround for...
Charlton Athletic (A) Monday 9th April: Sky has switched this one to 8:00 PM in the UK, and nothing has been made official, but one source claims that it is scheduled to air live in the States on FSC, and in Canada on FSW, from 3:00 PM Eastern; watch this space for confirmation

Please see first post in this thread if interested in a look thru the end of April

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 05 Apr 2007 16:30

Updating Liverpool and Charlton match/highlights listings; settling for half a loaf on Fulham --but first...

As a courtesy for international visitors
All kinds of live and delayed Champions League and UEFA Cup fare going on hereabouts, on ESPN2/ESPN Classic and FSC, respectively; not hard to find, so check the listings wherever you are, or PM me for assistance. Oh, and the MLS season kicks off on Saturday, too --totaLOL coverage, stars-'n'-stripes 'n' apple pie-style! Anyway...

Next up
Liverpool (H) Saturday 7th April: LIVE telecast in the States on FSC from 10:00 AM Eastern. Also airs LIVE in Canada on Rogers Sportsnet.

Scheduled to repeat in the States on FSC from 2:00 AM on Sunday the 8th (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast) and from 2:00 AM Eastern on Wednesday the 11th (11:00 PM Tuesday on the West Coast)

Extended match highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 9:00 PM Eastern (an hour later than usual) on Sunday the 8th, and again from 5:00 AM Eastern on Monday

Then a quick turnaround for...
Charlton Athletic (A) Monday 9th April: Scheduled to air LIVE in the States on FSC, and in Canada on FSW, from 3:00 PM Eastern

Shows again in the States same-day from 11:00 PM and once more from 1:00 PM on Tuesday (times Eastern and on FSC)

Extended highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from midnight Eastern time Wednesday/Thursday (9:00 PM Wednesday on the West Coast) and again from 5:00 AM Eastern on Thursday, also on FSC

After that
Fulham (H) Saturday 14th April: Scheduled to air on same-day DELAY in the States on FSC from 2:30 PM Eastern (the weekly game shown in that slot usually goes from 2:15, but it may actually go at 2:30 this time due to schedule alterations associated with the FA Cup semifinals; I'd be in front of a TV at 2:15 just to be on the safe side). Scheduled to show again from 2:00 AM Eastern on Sunday (11:00 PM on the West Coast)

In Canada, the match is scheduled to air on same-day DELAY on FSW from 5:00 PM Eastern

Past that, we don't know anything yet about Bolton (A) on Saturday the 21st, but it's likely that the Newcastle game on Monday 30th April will air live here on FSC from 3:00 PM Eastern (but this remains unconfirmed)

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 06 Apr 2007 18:04

Chi my man, you are a legend.

Going to sunny Mexico in a just over a week (for 3 weeks).
The hotel satellite tv has mostly USA channels. I believe they have FSC for example.

Let me know as soon as you find out what games are shown during the the last 2 weeks of April and first week of May.

Thanks again

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 07 Apr 2007 12:04

FSC seems to love Reading lately. You should be able to find out if Bolton is on by sometime on Monday. Looking at the games for that day I can't guess who they'll choose- they always pick one clunker like maybe Watford/Man City or Charlton/Sheff United. If I had to guess I'd say that one won't be on because they've shown Reading so much lately and probably will again on the 30th against Newcastle.

The Newcastle match will certainly be on as they seem to always show the Monday night matches. :

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Apr 2007 13:13

Mexico in May, eh? I'm profoundly envious, as May here is indistinguishable from November.

Royalupnorth Let me know as soon as you find out what games are shown during the the last 2 weeks of April and first week of May.

BillBrasky You should be able to find out if Bolton is on by sometime on Monday.

One source already has Bolton away as a same-day delayed telecast on FSC from 2:15 Eastern (right after the 5:15 BST match goes final), but that's not yet official; FSC should post something by Monday, and as ever a timely update shall be delivered here as promised.

Those seeking information about Liverpool and Charlton, which are airing live in the States on FSC, should scroll up three.

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 10 Apr 2007 04:18

You were right about Bolton- 2:15 EST same day delay

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 12 Apr 2007 00:13

As a courtesy for international visitors
All kinds of live and delayed Champions League and UEFA Cup fare going on hereabouts, on ESPN2/ESPN Classic and FSC, respectively; not hard to find, so check the listings wherever you are, or PM me for assistance (and the same goes for FA Cup semifinals)

Next up
Fulham (H) Saturday 14th April: Scheduled for screening on a same-day DELAYED basis, from 2:30 PM Eastern on FSC. Saturday's delayed game typically goes from 2:15, but the schedule is a bit goofy this week due to FA Cup semis --so I'd advise tuning in 2:15 Eastern and, at worst, wasting 15 minutes. Also scheduled to repeat on FSC from 2:00 AM Sunday (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast)

Canadian listings are in such a complete mess right now that it wouldn't even make sense to expend the keystrokes required to furnish a glimpse of them; check local listings, or PM me at your own risk

Extended highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 15th. Repeats on Monday from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM, and once more from 4:00 AM on Friday (times Eastern and on FSC)

Royalupnorth Let me know as soon as you find out what games are shown during the the last 2 weeks of April and first week of May.

Here ya go. Dunno 'bout Watford yet, but it's iffy at best. There also may be the Fox Sports en Español option south of the border; feel free to PM me to get my contact details if you reckon they could be of use to you in getting this fully sorted once you're over this way.

Thru month's end
Bolton (A) Saturday 21st April: Screening first-time on a same-day DELAYED basis on FSC from 2:15 PM Eastern. Scheduled to repeat in full on FSC from 4:00 AM Eastern on Sunday, with additional screenings during the following week possible but not yet announced

In Canada, the match also airs on same-day DELAY from 5:00 Eastern on FSW

Newcastle (H) Monday 30th April: Confirmed within the last few hours for LIVE screening on FSC from 3:00 PM Eastern, and likely to be repeated during the evening; additional details to be posted as they are made known

Please see first post in this thread if interested in an incomplete look thru season's end

630 posts