Royals V Liverpool Match Thread

204 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Sep 2007 21:45

Thought we looked promising to be fair. Henry had a few good touches and corners from him were better than Shorey's of late imho. Shame Leroy's backwards kick didn't result in a goal - would have been class.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Sep 2007 21:46

Torres was the diffrence - very good indeed and barely whinged all game considerng the battering we gave him. I'm seriously impressed. Benitez really is a prime dick for not playing him against Pompey and Birmingham.

If Kitson had come on when we were 2-2 it might have been all different - Long really added the square root of fcuk-all tonight.

Faé needs to sort out his decision-making, but looked promising in centre-mid.
Harper had one of his best games I've seen. Lita too - excellent.

Once again we conceded just after half time and yet again we leave the subs too late. This really does need sorting.

A1ndy

by A1ndy » 25 Sep 2007 21:47

papereyes John HaLOLs

I did like the way EVERYBODY seemed to go to celebrate with him. Seemed like it meant a lot to them as a team, if that makes sense.

I thought Bikey started well tonight, but his concerntration levels arent good enough against a top quality striker in Torres.

Thought Lita battled well, and nearly scored a cracking goal in the 2nd half with that over head kick. Should of scored with that header though or at least tested the keeper.

I thought Fae had a solid game and Harper and him complimented each other well.

Anyone disagree?

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 25 Sep 2007 21:48

As I watched tonights game on some dodgy Internet Korean/Chinese/Japanese channel I was reminded of the Reading of last season - a little bit more fight in them.....certainly compared to the sh1te theyve served up in recent games.

Tweak that play a bit and it could work.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 25 Sep 2007 21:48

What PP said... Second Half Syndrome and possibly the best forward in the world. And fair. Subs too late again.

But great performance from the lads. And quite possibly the most mature performance from Lita. Didn't got to the ground once. Although we lost 4-2. Really happy with that. Halls has got a good right foot, DLC looked lively. Fae is looking better and better...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Sep 2007 21:49

A1ndy
papereyes John HaLOLs

I did like the way EVERYBODY seemed to go to celebrate with him. Seemed like it meant a lot to them as a team, if that makes sense.

I thought Bikey started well tonight, but his concerntration levels arent good enough against a top quality striker in Torres.

Thought Lita battled well, and nearly scored a cracking goal in the 2nd half with that over head kick. Should of scored with that header though or at least tested the keeper.

Anyone disagree?

Yep - Gary Birtles would!

Shame we don't insist people can speak English before they're allowed to come to work here! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 25 Sep 2007 21:49

Oh... I hope we get Lita and Kitson starting on Saturday. Convey on left and Fae in the middle. No idea who should play on the right though..I suppose Halls did himself no harm!

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 25 Sep 2007 21:50

Fat Leather Jacket I was reminded of the Reading of last season - a little bit more fight in them....

Bar the central defence I would agree with you. If we can get a good stable pairing there, then we will be fine this season!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Sep 2007 21:50

A1ndy
papereyes John HaLOLs

Anyone disagree?

Totally agree - obviously it's only idiots who go to games who spout shit. I must say though that however good Torres is, we allowed him a bit too much to look good if you know what I mean. Our defence does look rather shaky ... but then again I guess we were not playing our first choice back four; just not sure what our first choice back 4 would be, or if they'd been any better.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2007 21:51

A1ndy I thought Fae had a solid game and Harper and him complimented each other well.

Anyone disagree?

Yep. Fae looked very very lightweight. Nice touches at times but I can see why Gunnarsson keeps getting a game now.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Sep 2007 21:52

Royal Rother
A1ndy I thought Fae had a solid game and Harper and him complimented each other well.

Anyone disagree?

Yep. Fae looked very very lightweight. Nice touches at times but I can see why Gunnarsson keeps getting a game now.

You're taking the piss aren't you?

g

by g » 25 Sep 2007 21:53

Torres was the typical spanish footballer. Fall at every touch until both defenders are booked. All his goals came from poor defending, than from brilliant striking.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Sep 2007 21:53

Royal Rother

Anyone disagree?

Yeh, if he'd been playing they wouldn't have got their third. He wouldn't have been running fast enough to have overrun their man on the wing like Fae did!

glosson

by glosson » 25 Sep 2007 21:53

I find it very promising that we put up such a good fight against Liverpool. I think if the team that started tonight had been playing together all season, they'd have earned a draw or even a win. I hope Steve will take notice and FINALLY give Convey a start and think of giving these lively-looking, hard working lads a go of it instead of giving us more of the same every week.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2007 21:54

What a difference in Lita tonight.

He concentrated on playing football and looked 10 times the player he has previously this season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2007 21:54

g Torres was the typical spanish footballer. Fall at every touch until both defenders are booked. All his goals came from poor defending, than from brilliant striking.

Idiot.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Sep 2007 21:55

Royal Rother What a difference in Lita tonight.

He concentrated on playing football and looked 10 times the player he has previously this season.

I have to agree. Lita was great tonight.

glosson

by glosson » 25 Sep 2007 21:56

g Torres was the typical spanish footballer. Fall at every touch until both defenders are booked. All his goals came from poor defending, than from brilliant striking.

Agree completely. For some reason, it follows the language. The South American players are just as bad, if not worse, about diving. They're absolutely shameless about their theatrics and nothing makes me angrier in football. I love it when refs book those cheating tits.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 25 Sep 2007 21:56

GREAT PERFORMANCE FROM PLAYERS LIKE HALLS, BIKEY AND DELLA!!

shorey looked much improved as did fae..

thats more like it..all positives!!

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 25 Sep 2007 21:56

I thought Torres was the fairest playing Spaniard forward I have seen... Pure class...

204 posts