RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious cracks

185 posts
rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 08 Oct 2007 08:02

Archie's penalty Gunnarsson was terrible but I thought the rest of the team did ok. Fae comes in I think we'll be fine,

Gunnarsson is simply not good enough - the others are going to get better and we will be ok...

he is too slow

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 08 Oct 2007 09:08

The whole year inn Just an example of a player we could have realistically signed, but ended up at a club of similar stature to ours.
:

Except we couldn't realistically have signed Koumas. As has previoulsy been discussed he was after a move closer to his home in the NW and coming down south was not an option for him.

Fezza

by Fezza » 08 Oct 2007 09:57

rg6royal
Archie's penalty Gunnarsson was terrible but I thought the rest of the team did ok. Fae comes in I think we'll be fine,

Gunnarsson is simply not good enough - the others are going to get better and we will be ok...

he is too slow

I thought Gunnar was completely absent for most the game, I thought Rosenior and Murty linked up well, but, the hobbit really needs to work on his finishing (we should have been 2 up after 25 minutes).

Worst ref I've seen for ages as well!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 08 Oct 2007 10:04

Fezza [
I thought Gunnar was completely absent for most the game,

That is good news !

Not only did we win, keep a clean sheet and Doyle scored but we managed 3 points playing with just 10 men !

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 08 Oct 2007 10:08

Denver Royal
Hampshire Royal The point is that Derby will be at or near the bottom all season, and if we beat them it's a direct result against one of our rivals against relegation. In that respect, it is a far more important result than the result aginst Pompey. We ain't going to be competing with them for anything this year.

I agree, although when we came up Pompey were one of the teams we would supposedly be able to compete with. It was the Top 4 that would be out of reach.

But Pompey have moved up a level this season. I can see them finishing top 6 - have a look at who they've played so far.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 10:11

There's no way Reading put out their best 11 players yesterday but the team is still ticking over and picking up important points against the likes of Derby. I'm hoping that once the starting 11 contains more of the best players at the club we'll start to see a few more positive results, and fingers crossed that'll be sooner rather than later.

Still, 3 points away from the top half ain't too bad considering the stuttering start..!

Fezza

by Fezza » 08 Oct 2007 10:32

Behindu
Fezza [
I thought Gunnar was completely absent for most the game,

That is good news !

Not only did we win, keep a clean sheet and Doyle scored but we managed 3 points playing with just 10 men !

Which is great if we play against a team as crap as Derby each week, but, lets face it, we won't have that chance.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 10:32

sheshnu There's no way Reading put out their best 11 players yesterday but the team is still ticking over and picking up important points against the likes of Derby. I'm hoping that once the starting 11 contains more of the best players at the club we'll start to see a few more positive results, and fingers crossed that'll be sooner rather than later.

Still, 3 points away from the top half ain't too bad considering the stuttering start..!

They put out the best available 11 players to win that specific match. 1-0.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Oct 2007 10:34

Can't be arsed to read this thread, but to reiterate what I'm sure has already been said:

The game was DREADFUL
Our midfield is SHIT
Football is RUBBISH

Kitson was quite good though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 10:36

Yesterday was further proof if needed that Gunnarsson and Duberry need to be ditched, and soon.

I'm actually quite glad we've got Blackburn away next followed by Newcastle who'll both be able to get rugby scores against the team Coppell put out yesterday. How he couldn't learn from a shambles like that last week is beyond me and I'm beginning to lose confidence in Sir Steve for the first time in quite a while. Perhaps it's no coincidence that Palace were relegated after one good season and he couldn't take the pressure of big name players at Man City...

We'll wait and see though.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Oct 2007 10:38

Royalee I'm actually quite glad we've got Blackburn away next followed by Newcastle who'll both be able to get rugby scores against the team Coppell put out yesterday.

That's funny, Newcastle couldn't even beat Derby last time I checked.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 10:39

Royalee Yesterday was further proof if needed that Gunnarsson and Duberry need to be ditched, and soon.

I'm actually quite glad we've got Blackburn away next followed by Newcastle who'll both be able to get rugby scores against the team Coppell put out yesterday. How he couldn't learn from a shambles like that last week is beyond me and I'm beginning to lose confidence in Sir Steve for the first time in quite a while. Perhaps it's no coincidence that Palace were relegated after one good season and he couldn't take the pressure of big name players at Man City...

1-0.

Derby didn't have one chance all day.

Try again.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 10:40

RobRoyal
Royalee I'm actually quite glad we've got Blackburn away next followed by Newcastle who'll both be able to get rugby scores against the team Coppell put out yesterday.

Remind me, what happened when Derby played Pompey? If you applied your logic then we'd be as good as Man Utd as we drew with them once.

Fezza

by Fezza » 08 Oct 2007 10:44

Royalee Yesterday was further proof if needed that Gunnarsson and Duberry need to be ditched, and soon.

I can't see Blackburn "doing us", but, Newcastle with there pace will tear us to shreds! There is no way that Gunnar can keep up with Nzogbia or Ivar or Doobs can with Owen or Martins... No support for the back four again from the midfield will completely screw us over!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 10:46

Fezza

I can't see Blackburn "doing us", but, Newcastle with there pace will tear us to shreds! There is no way that Gunnar can keep up with Nzogbia or Ivar or Doobs can with Owen or Martins... No support for the back four again from the midfield will completely screw us over!

Gotta agree, just like last time when they tore us apart down here

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/300407.html

look at our side that day.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 10:50

You neglect to mention that they had to play Solano at right back, along with Duberry's main rival to worst defender in the Premiership, and Michael Owen was barely half fit. Oh, and they were managed by Glen Roeder.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Oct 2007 10:55

Royalee
RobRoyal

Remind me, what happened when Derby played Pompey? If you applied your logic then we'd be as good as Man Utd as we drew with them once.

I'm applying no such logic, I'm just saying Newcastle aren't that bloody good.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 10:56

RobRoyal
Royalee
RobRoyal

I'm applying no such logic, I'm just saying Newcastle aren't that bloody good.

And you would be right.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 10:58

Royalee You neglect to mention that they had to play Solano at right back, along with Duberry's main rival to worst defender in the Premiership, and Michael Owen was barely half fit. Oh, and they were managed by Glen Roeder.

How does Solano at right back make any difference? Apparantly with their megastars we would get ripped to pieces, showing that with N'Zogbia, Dyer, Owen, Martins and Emre in the team, were we ripped to pieces?

No, 1-0.

Duberry and Gunnarsson played for us that day, with De La Cruz, Ivar, Shorey and Seol.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 10:59

Alan Partridge They put out the best available 11 players to win that specific match. 1-0.

I've highlighted the important bit. Some of the best players at the club aren't currently available for selection. I'm also, possibly slightly optimistically, hoping that Fae turns out to be the player I want him to be.

185 posts