Team Vs Newcastle

130 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 26 Oct 2007 17:39

PEARCEY
Behindu Reason I did was that we have no idea about Sonko and anyone else as a pairing.
We know Ivar and Sonks can play together, and we know Ivar has had to adapt to playing with a variety of partners.
I don;t see a reason to opt for Bikey, Duberry, Pearce, Mate, brown, Sodje, bennett or Martin Hicks at this time - although would acknowledge that Ivar has been a touch off th epace in one or two games of late....

Can see your reasoning but against Newcastle's pacy attack I worry he will be too slow.

I'd be concerned that with Sonko and Bikey we have no 'organiser'. I think both need the influence of Ivar to get the best out of them. Agree that pace may be an issue, but Ivar and Sonko played against plenty of pacy attacks as a pair and rarely if ever got exposed.

On decisions such as this are seasons made ! I wouldn;t claim I was right, just a feel that Sonks and Bikey might not be a good pairing despite perhaps being the two best players.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2007 17:42

Behindu
PEARCEY
Behindu Reason I did was that we have no idea about Sonko and anyone else as a pairing.
We know Ivar and Sonks can play together, and we know Ivar has had to adapt to playing with a variety of partners.
I don;t see a reason to opt for Bikey, Duberry, Pearce, Mate, brown, Sodje, bennett or Martin Hicks at this time - although would acknowledge that Ivar has been a touch off th epace in one or two games of late....

Can see your reasoning but against Newcastle's pacy attack I worry he will be too slow.

I'd be concerned that with Sonko and Bikey we have no 'organiser'. I think both need the influence of Ivar to get the best out of them. Agree that pace may be an issue, but Ivar and Sonko played against plenty of pacy attacks as a pair and rarely if ever got exposed.

On decisions such as this are seasons made ! I wouldn;t claim I was right, just a feel that Sonks and Bikey might not be a good pairing despite perhaps being the two best players.

Fair enough......as it happens I think SC may well revert to the old back four of Murty, Sonko, Ivar and Shorey....

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 26 Oct 2007 19:12

If Murts is sick this could be the ideal time to play Rosenior in his proper position and see how he does. :idea:

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 26 Oct 2007 20:29

I would love to see this 11:

Hahnemann
Rosenoir
Sonko
Ingi
Shorey
Bobby
Fae
Harper
Hunt
Doyle
Kits

+ Afed, Bikey, Gunnar, Henry, Lita

Play Bobby the first half on RW and bring Henry on in the second. Hopefully, with Rosenoir and the Bobby/Henry duo, that will revitalize the right side. If Murty is over his illness he takes Bikey's place.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 26 Oct 2007 21:01

K Fed
De la Cruz
Bikey
Sonko
Shorey
Convey
Hunt
Harper
Fae
Kitson
Doyle

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Oct 2007 21:58

With all of these team selections we have a midfield 4 of broadly non-tacklers.
Unfortunately the Bikey experiment didn't work last week as (despite the clamour for his inclusion in a midfield role) he is not agile and fluid enough to play there.
For no other reason than trying to keep a decent shape I see Bryn playing centrally again otherwise Butt will just stroll around unchallenged and run the game.
Presumably Convey will play on the right with the undroppable Hunt on the left.
We just have to get the ball to our strength,Kitson and Doyle as much as possible with a fresh Lita coming on some time during the second half.
I know all games are big but I fear that if we don't get something from tomorrow's game then Fulham away becomes almost a must-win and then it's 3 points to Arsenal.

amdocsroyal

by amdocsroyal » 26 Oct 2007 22:49

Victor Meldrew With all of these team selections we have a midfield 4 of broadly non-tacklers.
Unfortunately the Bikey experiment didn't work last week as (despite the clamour for his inclusion in a midfield role) he is not agile and fluid enough to play there.
For no other reason than trying to keep a decent shape I see Bryn playing centrally again otherwise Butt will just stroll around unchallenged and run the game.
Presumably Convey will play on the right with the undroppable Hunt on the left.
We just have to get the ball to our strength,Kitson and Doyle as much as possible with a fresh Lita coming on some time during the second half.
I know all games are big but I fear that if we don't get something from tomorrow's game then Fulham away becomes almost a must-win and then it's 3 points to Arsenal.
I,m not oxf*rd reading all of that at 11pm on a Friday night... :wink:
Less is more .........
Cheers and Good night

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 27 Oct 2007 10:06

Son of Len,

You anywhere near Pottsville, home of the mighty Yeungling beer?

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 27 Oct 2007 14:28

Is ivar injured??? only, he's not starting!

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 27 Oct 2007 14:30

nevermind. RFC texts don't tell you the subs! ...and I just saw on the match thread that he's on the bench

130 posts