A message to you Leroy

134 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Nov 2007 10:45

brendywendy I think that is rubbish, IMO, no offence

i dont remember him giving away possession on saturday, i remember some good lay offs, some brilliant flick ons in the air against big defenders
and he didnt go to ground stupidly once

It's more a case of not getting hold of the ball when he had a chance. He lets it bounce or run on far too often, for my liking at least, which means he doesn't get the ball under control.

I don't expect any of out players to be perfect, or to never give the ball away etc, especially in the attacking areas, but he does it loads of times every game. Personally I find it frustrating and a weakness in his game which he can easily stop. Watch him with it in mind next time and you'll probably see what I mean.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and I see plenty of positives to his game too, but it's probably that kind of thing which mean Doyle and Kitson start ahead of him most weeks.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Nov 2007 10:51

I'm staying neutral on this, but I will say one thing - that Leroy gives away an awful lots of fouls by grabbing hold of a defender's shirt or arm when trying to win the ball.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Nov 2007 11:38

Baines
Royal Rother In amongst praise for his good work I have been saying similar things about Mr. Lita for the last year or more actually, not just after 2 misses on Saturday.

He has missed more absolute sitters than any Reading striker I can remember.

The fact he is in the right place often enough to miss loads is a damned good sign of course, but if his instinct was simply tap it home rather than to pose whilst doing it he could truly be international class by now.

Steve Moran.

Indeed. In future it might be easier if RR lets us know when he isn't indulging in hyperbole.

Paul Brayson. :lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 02 Nov 2007 11:53

This thread shouldn't have gone past the first pg.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Nov 2007 16:54

People who prefer Nugent to Lita...

Nugent missed from 2 yards against Blackburn in the Carling Cup!
:wink:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Nov 2007 16:55

Sorry 1 yard

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/the-match/B ... 3433117.jp

David Nugent, on as a half-time substitute, will rue not putting the ball home from a yard out in the second-half as he missed Kranjcar's cross.

Read some of the comments from some Pompey fans :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Nov 2007 16:58

Geekins Sorry 1 yard

David Nugent, on as a half-time substitute, will rue not putting the ball home from a yard out in the second-half as he missed Kranjcar's cross.

I wouldn't mind Nugent here for less than 3million. Tonights crowd 11,000 big cLOLub. Fcuk off Portsmouth.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: A message to you Leroy

by RoyalBlue » 02 Nov 2007 18:11

Jerry St Clair Morning Leroy,

Is there any danger that you could indulge in a bit less trouble-making in nightclubs, a bit less of the big time charlie arrogance that seeps from your every pore and, perhaps, just practice some football occassionally?

Thanks

From Marcus Hahnemann's Premiership Diaries:

"Leroy's super flash with his bling and his yellow Nike's and his giant Hummer. But he works hard at his game, staying behind after training for extra work."

Seems he doesn't need the 'expert' advice as he's already doing what you suggest!

Alan Partridge
Behindu
Alan Partridge
How many Reading players or in fact any footballer's running styles, way they jump for the ball. I mean really basic human movements have ever changed??!

The way Doyle runs and plays the game is the same as when he joined, likewise Kitson and likewise Lita.

Fast bowling is a skill and of course skills can be modified and changed.

So running isn't a skill ?
And the fast bowler's run up doesn't involve running ?
And club's employ sprint coaches just for the hell of it ?

Everyone can sprint just at different paces!!

The basic way people move can't be coached imo. I've not seen a footballer who's basic style of movement and running style has ever changed.

When I used to coach athletics, I came across quite a few people who couldn't sprint and had to be shown how to do it and then coached until they changed their style. Athletes certainly can be coached into moving differently - are footballers really that thick?! :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Nov 2007 18:51

Platypuss
Baines
Royal Rother In amongst praise for his good work I have been saying similar things about Mr. Lita for the last year or more actually, not just after 2 misses on Saturday.

He has missed more absolute sitters than any Reading striker I can remember.

The fact he is in the right place often enough to miss loads is a damned good sign of course, but if his instinct was simply tap it home rather than to pose whilst doing it he could truly be international class by now.

Steve Moran.

Indeed. In future it might be easier if RR lets us know when he isn't indulging in hyperbole.

Paul Brayson. :lol:

Now in Engilsh dictionary:

Asaber (noun) one who defies the laws of physics by managing, during a game of football, to miss a very easy opportunity to score.

(Origin: Carl Asaba, Reading FC player)

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Nov 2007 19:01

Platypuss Paul Brayson. :lol:

I'll see your Paul Brayson and raise you Colin Gordon.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Nov 2007 22:22

Alan Partridge
Geekins Sorry 1 yard

I wouldn't mind Nugent here for less than 3million. Tonights crowd 11,000 big cLOLub. Fcuk off Portsmouth.

'greed, wasn't it at blackburn though??

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Nov 2007 22:32

Geekins
Alan Partridge
Geekins Sorry 1 yard

'greed, wasn't it at blackburn though??

Nope.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 03 Nov 2007 18:02

Was getting text updates from a mate at the game today. The guy isn't a Reading fan, but lives close to Fulham and went to watch for the sake of it.

He said Lita was awful today and didn't look interested at all and we should get rid in January.

(....also said Doyle was totally wasted on the wing)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Nov 2007 12:48

John Madejski's Wallet Was getting text updates from a mate at the game today. The guy isn't a Reading fan, but lives close to Fulham and went to watch for the sake of it.

He said Lita was awful today and didn't look interested at all and we should get rid in January.

(....also said Doyle was totally wasted on the wing)

Your mate has not got a clue.

Ask him how much service he received...

Kitson on the other hand was the best player on the pitch...

134 posts