Today's back from the game over-reaction thread.

124 posts
readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Dec 2007 15:14

[quote="Old Biscuitman"]Calm down, you guys. I find this is a lot more exciting than just bobbling around in the comfort and nonentity land of mid-table. As spectators, we are not the ones under pressure like SC, his staff and the players. Relax and enjoy every point we can dig out. I believe some of you must have got a bit out of touch with reality because of the previous two seasons.[/quote]

That's true.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Dec 2007 15:29

Old Biscuitman
RoyalBlue
Old Biscuitman Calm down, you guys. I find this is a lot more exciting than just bobbling around in the comfort and nonentity land of mid-table. As spectators, we are not the ones under pressure like SC, his staff and the players. Relax and enjoy every point we can dig out. I believe some of you must have got a bit out of touch with reality because of the previous two seasons.

For God's sake - it wasn't even possible to enjoy the point we dug out on Saturday. 'Football' resembling that played in the dark days of Burns, Bullivant and Branfoot!

I'm reporting the club to Advertising Standards as a consequence of the PA guy telling us 'We've had an exciting first half'! :wink:

But with the three jolly "B"'s you knew there was no hope. At least with SC and these players you know that it can be done. We've had a few bad days at the office, but the new photocopier will be delivered soon and there will be light. :)

I would point out that under Mr Branfoot we had some pretty damn good achievements, including a league record that still stands and a cup final win at Wembley. Then it all started to go wrong. Maybe this photocopier will also prove to be faulty.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Dec 2007 15:35

RoyalBlue
Old Biscuitman
RoyalBlue
Old Biscuitman Calm down, you guys. I find this is a lot more exciting than just bobbling around in the comfort and nonentity land of mid-table. As spectators, we are not the ones under pressure like SC, his staff and the players. Relax and enjoy every point we can dig out. I believe some of you must have got a bit out of touch with reality because of the previous two seasons.

For God's sake - it wasn't even possible to enjoy the point we dug out on Saturday. 'Football' resembling that played in the dark days of Burns, Bullivant and Branfoot!

I'm reporting the club to Advertising Standards as a consequence of the PA guy telling us 'We've had an exciting first half'! :wink:

But with the three jolly "B"'s you knew there was no hope. At least with SC and these players you know that it can be done. We've had a few bad days at the office, but the new photocopier will be delivered soon and there will be light. :)

I would point out that under Mr Branfoot we had some pretty damn good achievements, including a league record that still stands and a cup final win at Wembley. Then it all started to go wrong. Maybe this photocopier will also prove to be faulty.

The Branfoot era went wrong because of selling off Senior, Bremner, Hurlock, Curle and Wood who weren't adequately replaced.

Similarly, the McGhee/Quinn & Gooding era went wrong when Osborn, Hislop and Taylor were sold off and not replaced.

The same thing will happen if we sell off Shorey and Lita without replacing them!!!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2007 16:18

SpaceCruiser
RoyalBlue
Old Biscuitman
RoyalBlue

The Branfoot era went wrong because of selling off Senior, Bremner, Hurlock, Curle and Wood who weren't adequately replaced.

Similarly, the McGhee/Quinn & Gooding era went wrong when Osborn, Hislop and Taylor were sold off and not replaced.

The same thing will happen if we sell off Shorey and Lita without replacing them!!!

Sidwell already gone and you've posted something rather insightful.

124 posts