Blackburn Match Thread

159 posts
Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Blackburn Match Thread

by Tredder » 29 Mar 2008 16:59

Thaumagurist*
cmonurz Arsenal have done us a huge favour in coming back to beat Bolton.

I'm hugely surprised by that, I didn't expect that to happen.

Go on, say it, well done Arsenal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2008 17:00

cmonurz 2 stupid bookings for Marek. A nobber remarked last week that he has a habit of making pointless or rash challenges - he is very 'continental'.

He does pick up a lot of unneccesary yellows for poor poor challenges.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 29 Mar 2008 17:00

On the plus side. I would have been very happy 6 weeks ago to get a clean sheet and a point. We have now had 3 clean sheets in 4 matches

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Mar 2008 17:01

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 29 Mar 2008 17:02

90:00
(6:20) Goal by Andy Reid(Sunderland) right-footed (bottom-right of goal) from right channel (18 yards).Sunderland 2-1 West Ham.Roy O'Donovan(Sunderland) booked for dissent.

Jammy F******`s

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2008 17:03

Royalupnorth
cmonurz
Archies Volley was thinking the same thing

Examples please.

When the ball was struck for the free kick, 3 players were 5 yards offside.
It doesn't matter how quick they were, they were quick enough to fool the rovers front line.
Unfortunately they were too quick for the slow witted linesman, who got the decision massively wrong!

Did any of those players play the ball? if not, not offside.

Royalupnorth

by Royalupnorth » 29 Mar 2008 17:05

Ian Royal
Royalupnorth
cmonurz Examples please.

When the ball was struck for the free kick, 3 players were 5 yards offside.
It doesn't matter how quick they were, they were quick enough to fool the rovers front line.
Unfortunately they were too quick for the slow witted linesman, who got the decision massively wrong!

Did any of those players play the ball? if not, not offside.

Yes, one headed it towards goal, saved off the line by marcus, corner given, which they nearly scored from again.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 29 Mar 2008 17:12

Marcus had a blinding game, as did Bikey. Will be interesting to see whether the lino or our defence had the shocker with that freekick.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 29 Mar 2008 17:15

Vicky Pollard Marcus had a blinding game, as did Bikey. Will be interesting to see whether the lino or our defence had the shocker with that freekick.

I will admit I am wrong if watching it on telly later shows them to onside but the internet stream I watched showed the lino to have made a terrible decission

Royalupnorth

by Royalupnorth » 29 Mar 2008 17:16

Archies Volley
Vicky Pollard Marcus had a blinding game, as did Bikey. Will be interesting to see whether the lino or our defence had the shocker with that freekick.

I will admit I am wrong if watching it on telly later shows them to onside but the internet stream I watched showed the lino to have made a terrible decission

As did mine

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 29 Mar 2008 17:24

One win should do it,Bolton can only reach 38 and to do that that would have to win every game

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 29 Mar 2008 17:30

ankeny One win should do it,Bolton can only reach 38 and to do that that would have to win every game

I think you will find that Bolton can reach 44 if they win all their games. Even Fulham can reach 42 by winning all their games.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 29 Mar 2008 17:31

Royalupnorth
cmonurz
Royalupnorth Refereeing is appalling. 3 or 4 players 5 yards offside, no flag.

Nope, we messed it up. AGAIN.

I disagree, my replay looked miles offside

My screen froze exactly as the ball was kicked. 4 or 5 players offside.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Mar 2008 17:32

A very poor game lit up by 2 excellent performances from Bikey and Hahnemann.

And yet again Shane Long comes on and makes a big difference. How did Hunt miss that chance he laid on a plate?

I like Hunt a lot for exactly what he is, but dear oh dear oh dear - that was dreadful. He gets in such great positions in the penalty area so he obviously reads the game very well and that ability allied to his incredible energy makes him nearly a top class player - but he really lacks composure at vital times. Shame.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Mar 2008 17:32

ankeny One win should do it,Bolton can only reach 38 and to do that that would have to win every game

Don't Bolton have 26 points, and haven't they got 6 games left.

May I just point out that there's 3 points for a win nowadays.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Mar 2008 17:33

Having a spot of trouble with the old arithmetic eh? :lol: Wot a plonker!

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 29 Mar 2008 17:39

Royal Rother A very poor game lit up by 2 excellent performances from Bikey and Hahnemann.

And yet again Shane Long comes on and makes a big difference. How did Hunt miss that chance he laid on a plate?

I like Hunt a lot for exactly what he is, but dear oh dear oh dear - that was dreadful. He gets in such great positions in the penalty area so he obviously reads the game very well and that ability allied to his incredible energy makes him nearly a top class player - but he really lacks composure at vital times. Shame.

Have to agree. Hunt had a few chances today, his right foot volley (fairplay, difficult one), but really should have buried the one from longs cross, especially on his left. Actually thought it was a pretty exciting game second half though. Hahnemann was fantastic.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 29 Mar 2008 17:43

Royal Rother A very poor game lit up by 2 excellent performances from Bikey and Hahnemann.

More and more Hunt is being found out, normally by himself. He tries lavish passes, backheels, tricks, but they rarely come off.

Bikey and Hahnemann were our best today.

What surprises me is how little we use Marek - whenever he gets the ball, you know something will open up. Eg last chance of the first half, sublime ball to Kitson which was just overhit.

Oster played well, but as always, he seems to take 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4 or 12) too many touches, and never plays the simple ball.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 29 Mar 2008 17:43

nervous afternoon for me walking in the forest getting text updates. The wins for Sunderland and Brum were feared and did annoy me, but on reflection today must be seen as positive overall. That might break Bolton. Obviously losing to Arsenal is no disgrace, but at 2-0 and 11 v 10, Arsenal were down and out.

Bolton have two home games left (West Ham :x and Sunderland) . Their four away games are Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Boro (hopefully four tough ones).

It could be that Fulham are more dangerous to us, so today was a very bad result for them.

Who do we want to win Wigan v Brum and Fulham v Sunderland?

I say Wigan and Sunderland.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 29 Mar 2008 17:45

chilipepper91

More and more Hunt is being found out, normally by himself. He tries lavish passes, backheels, tricks, but they rarely come off.

Bikey and Hahnemann were our best today.

What surprises me is how little we use Marek - whenever he gets the ball, you know something will open up. Eg last chance of the first half, sublime ball to Kitson which was just overhit.

Oster played well, but as always, he seems to take 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4 or 12) too many touches, and never plays the simple ball.

Im genuinely not an oster basher, but his corners today were diabolical. First man every time, infuriating.

159 posts