Cardiff Fans View Point

139 posts
mini _dariusz

Re: Cardiff Fans View Point

by mini _dariusz » 30 Dec 2008 13:34

Dirk Gently
mini _dariusz
Dirk Gently
But we saw on Friday & Sunday perfect examples of why, surprisingly, m_d is essentially right. Cardiff fans wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Southampton fans to our right wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Because a relatively minimal number of Reading fans wanted to stand they were picked off by stewards individually. Critical mass is everything!

Excuse me, why is it surprising that i am right ?

Because so many of your posts are so obviously only written to wind up RL or Schards that objectivity and accuracy isn't something people expect from you.

:lol: Fair answer that..... though i do have to say....

Objectivity - no

Accuracy - YES 8)

Thames

by Thames » 30 Dec 2008 13:38

I agree with Royal Lady.

RFCBoy

by RFCBoy » 30 Dec 2008 14:00

Get cardiff back here in a replay and let's put one over on em, can't wait if that happens. :D

Get the welsh boys in the play offs over 2 legs and beat em twice that would show em and go on to win at Wembley :lol: :D

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 30 Dec 2008 14:07

Sarah Star ...because you're an enigma, mini-d.
Is that when you wash out your arse pipe with water?

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 30 Dec 2008 15:10

I haven't been on here for a while

Good to see you are still talking about us :wink:

Enjoyed the game on Boxing Day, quite low on quality at times but a good atmosphere and lots of tackles flying in and whatnot.

Duberry is a silly boy for letting himself get wound up (by what was obviously out-of-order chanting - he at least did the right thing eventually at Leeds over the Bowyer/Woodgate affair). The 'orrible 'unts were as abrasive as ever, if Stephen Hunt spent as much time trying to play as winding things up he'd be a better player for it.

Thought a draw was a fair result overall, our goal was probably a foul by Chopra, I checked the lino first when the ball went in I have to say. Bit of a choker to have your second choice keeper score the bloody equaliser in overtime on injury time , but there we go, it happens.

As for a few of our "fans" trying to get on the pitch at the end, unfortunately whenever we take a decent away following (1000+) we always have a decent percentage of nutters travel, and it's very tiresome. And unfortunately for you lot it's always likely to be at the Madjeski as it's very easy to get to from South Wales.

Looking forward to Saturday now, might add a bit of spice, although I presume Coppell will put out a reserve side?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 30 Dec 2008 15:31

Thames Valley Bluebird I haven't been on here for a while

Enjoyed the game on Boxing Day, quite low on quality at times but a good atmosphere and lots of tackles flying in and whatnot.

Duberry is a silly boy for letting himself get wound up (by what was obviously out-of-order chanting - he at least did the right thing eventually at Leeds over the Bowyer/Woodgate affair). The 'orrible 'unts were as abrasive as ever, if Stephen Hunt spent as much time trying to play as winding things up he'd be a better player for it.

Thought a draw was a fair result overall, our goal was probably a foul by Chopra, I checked the lino first when the ball went in I have to say. Bit of a choker to have your second choice keeper score the bloody equaliser in overtime on injury time , but there we go, it happens.

As for a few of our "fans" trying to get on the pitch at the end, unfortunately whenever we take a decent away following (1000+) we always have a decent percentage of nutters travel, and it's very tiresome. And unfortunately for you lot it's always likely to be at the Madjeski as it's very easy to get to from South Wales.

Looking forward to Saturday now, might add a bit of spice, although I presume Coppell will put out a reserve side?

Mostly will be reserve we think. Expect to see Feds still in goal, and Murty back from injury at RB. Henry will be on the left wing, and Bobby Convey on the right probably. Bikey maybe at CB, Marek Matejovski in the middle, Shane Long up front. I doubt he'll be joined by Lita as we won't want to cup tie him for his future team, whoever may be stupid enough to buy him. The rest will probably be pretty much a mixture of 1st team players and youngsters.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2008 15:36

Surely you've got Henry and Convey on the wrong wings?!

i'd hope Mooney played some part unless he isn't fit.

If Lita plays he's possibly staying, if he doesn't he's certainly going IMO. Doyle will probably be rested so I expect to see NHunt play upfront.

Kelly on the left? Karacan in the middle with Marek? Pearce & Bikey at centreback?

Actually, even dropping most of the current starting 11 that could be a fairly tasty team!

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 30 Dec 2008 16:22

Ian Royal Surely you've got Henry and Convey on the wrong wings?!

i'd hope Mooney played some part unless he isn't fit.

If Lita plays he's possibly staying, if he doesn't he's certainly going IMO. Doyle will probably be rested so I expect to see NHunt play upfront.

Kelly on the left? Karacan in the middle with Marek? Pearce & Bikey at centreback?

Actually, even dropping most of the current starting 11 that could be a fairly tasty team!

Yes I have. Although our policy is to switch wings during play, but you're right, I had them wrong. Is Pearce back? If so he'll play for sure. Kelly would you assume, and Jem would be great to see back in centre mid. And if that is the line up I expect another tasty game and our name in the hat for the 4th round.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Dec 2008 16:31

RFCBoy Get cardiff back here in a replay and let's put one over on em, can't wait if that happens. :D

Get the welsh boys in the play offs over 2 legs and beat em twice that would show em and go on to win at Wembley :lol: :D

I don't think the club would want a replay although the money would be handy as Mr Mad reminds us there is a credit crunch.
Expect the full youth team to play in such a replay because otherwise it would mean some players having to turn out again 10 days or so after the first game and you can't expect modern footballers to do that.
Aren't there also some International friendlies coming up so I think we will probably throw this first game.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 31 Dec 2008 17:47

I used to follow CCFC in my youth in the 70s/80s. Still keep an eye open for their results and like to see them doing well. I finally gave up going when the violence got stupid, seemed to be trouble at every game. Millwall, Chelsea and West Ham were the games I remember the most trouble at. Looking back some it was really funny, I remember a riot against Chelsea with hundreds of 'fans' rampaging over the waste ground where the new stadium is built, all in blue, nobody knowing who they were chasing. It was like something out of a Benny Hill show :lol: Other times seeing somebody getting a kicking or covered in blood just makes you not want to go any more. I'm sure it's not that bad these days.

I wish there was a bit more of the passion at the Mad Stad though....seems you don't get one without the other.

I enjoyed the game, looking forward to the cup game. Hope we can get a draw and get you back here, especially at £12 a ticket :shock:

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 01 Jan 2009 13:40

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 02 Jan 2009 09:10

runrunrunrungilksey http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L2K-8FRdk-Q&feature=related

Taking the piss out of one of our many dreadful FA Cup final songs eh?

Well well well

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 02 Jan 2009 09:12

rotherwick_royal

I used to follow CCFC in my youth in the 70s/80s. Still keep an eye open for their results and like to see them doing well. I finally gave up going when the violence got stupid, seemed to be trouble at every game. Millwall, Chelsea and West Ham were the games I remember the most trouble at. Looking back some it was really funny, I remember a riot against Chelsea with hundreds of 'fans' rampaging over the waste ground where the new stadium is built, all in blue, nobody knowing who they were chasing. It was like something out of a Benny Hill show :lol: Other times seeing somebody getting a kicking or covered in blood just makes you not want to go any more. I'm sure it's not that bad these days.

I wish there was a bit more of the passion at the Mad Stad though....seems you don't get one without the other.

I enjoyed the game, looking forward to the cup game. Hope we can get a draw and get you back here, especially at £12 a ticket :shock:

It's all a lot calmer these days, apart from the odd incursion like on Boxing day. You get the odd problem here and there at away games, but Ninian Park is a safe place to visit these days. I'd imagine the new stadium across the road will be similar, it's a lot like the Madjeski apart from it's location which is near civilisation (ish)!!

Tomorrow should see a decent 14-16,000 crowd with the reduced ticket prices

I'm on the train from Reading tomorrow morning, will keep an eye out for you all ;-)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2009 12:06

Thames Valley Bluebird
rotherwick_royal

It's all a lot calmer these days, apart from the odd incursion like on Boxing day. You get the odd problem here and there at away games, but Ninian Park is a safe place to visit these days. I'd imagine the new stadium across the road will be similar, it's a lot like the Madjeski apart from it's location which is near civilisation (ish)!!

Is it built next to the Severn Bridge then?! :wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Jan 2009 12:26

Dirk Gently But we saw on Friday & Sunday perfect examples of why, surprisingly, m_d is essentially right. Cardiff fans wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Southampton fans to our right wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Because a relatively minimal number of Reading fans wanted to stand they were picked off by stewards individually. Critical mass is everything!
They shouldn't have broken ranks with the other Reading fans then who were quite happy to remain seated..... Standing together, standing tall, making a stand..... these can all be achieved sitting down.

If everyone in Y26 stood I wouldn't put it past the club banning them all or raising season ticket prices to enable them to employ more stewards to enforce the no standing policy.

Away fans have nothing to lose, if they get thrown out they miss half a game. If a Reading fan gets thrown out they risk missing half a season.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2009 12:34

Forbury Lion
Dirk Gently But we saw on Friday & Sunday perfect examples of why, surprisingly, m_d is essentially right. Cardiff fans wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Southampton fans to our right wanted to stand and did so en masse and no-one was able to stop them. Because a relatively minimal number of Reading fans wanted to stand they were picked off by stewards individually. Critical mass is everything!
They shouldn't have broken ranks with the other Reading fans then who were quite happy to remain seated..... Standing together, standing tall, making a stand..... these can all be achieved sitting down.

If everyone in Y26 stood I wouldn't put it past the club banning them all or raising season ticket prices to enable them to employ more stewards to enforce the no standing policy.

Away fans have nothing to lose, if they get thrown out they miss half a game. If a Reading fan gets thrown out they risk missing half a season.

It's not really for this thread as it's been discussed at length elsewhere, a lot of it is down to the particular FLA person and the pressure they bring on the local council licensing team. But despite many threats no club has ever yet closed a stand to stop persistent standing (it came close at West Ham), and never forget that the clubs don't really care. All they're concerned about is meeting their obligations to th Council and FLA in the cheapest way possible, so they're happy to acknowledge that they can't prevent "mass standing" and they then concentrate on keeping walkways clear instead, which is a much more achievable target. I can't see why the club would ever want mass banning or increasing ST prices as that would hurt their bottom line but give them no real advantage.

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 02 Jan 2009 14:57

Thames Valley Bluebird
rotherwick_royal

Tomorrow should see a decent 14-16,000 crowd with the reduced ticket prices

I'm on the train from Reading tomorrow morning, will keep an eye out for you all ;-)

Your a Reading fan really!

chandog

by chandog » 02 Jan 2009 15:07

i went to the cardiff game last time we were in the championship and their fans didnt seem to bad

but then i went to qpr v cardiff with a mate and it was pretty bad. there was all the riot vans and horses etc out on the streets keeping the fans apart. although their fans were kept behind after the game i believe their were some pretty intense fights on the streets

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 15:49

Forbury Lion

When you could stand on the terraces and move around if you couldn't see that was perfectly ok.
Since all-seaters, particularly if you've got kids with you, anyone standing in front of them is a major problem - even if they stand up, they're not tall enough to see anything.

139 posts