Madejski Out and I mean Out

281 posts
Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brick by Brick

by Spud » 22 Aug 2009 20:16

Brendan was quick to praise the club's transfer policy, and gave an insight into his transfer budget this summer, saying, "When I came here, from everyone I spoke to, it was on the understanding that there was an overdraft that had to be paid. That being paid, there would be funds to bring in players, and the board have been up front, honest and open with that, but also supportive by knowing and understanding our needs as well.

This says so much
a) Brendan is happy to tow the line, and why not its his job too, though praising the club policy is pushing it a bit.
b)Just for good measure lets chuck the word overdraft into the statement. Now lets be straight about this as it use to be about paying the man back for his support in the past, so we can assume thats all sorted and for some reason we owe the bank. Considering the income from the last few years, that is truly staggering , no, hold its more than that, its a lie, has too be can't see any way at all its not.l
c)They have obviously taken notice of the reaction today which has been building over the last month or so and I suspect money will be spent but it will only be because Plan A has not worked.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 20:18

Good post Rev H. The youngsters as individual players are good but play them collectively and its a different story as they are making mistakes borne out of inexperience.
I feel for Rodgers too and hope he gets through this difficult start. He is not helping himself though and has got to play the likes of Harper and Matejovsky and bring in a physical presence up-front and a tough tackling midfielder. If he choses to carry on as he is he will be gone before Christmas.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 22 Aug 2009 20:20

Big Foot But it doesn't take Carol Vorderman

Any excuse

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 20:21

Theres a hint of a tranny about our Carol

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2009 20:22

My theory - Mr Mad is panicing (or being prudent) in the current economic climate and had come to the conclusion that as no buyer is available to buy the club as a whole it makes sense to sell it piece by piece starting with players.

He sold the Degas statue, work hasn't progressed on the station approach redevelopment, the club is selling players for millions and reinvesting peanuts.

I guess multimillionaires are not recession proof.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 20:24

Forbury Lion My theory - Mr Mad is panicing (or being prudent) in the current economic climate and had come to the conclusion that as no buyer is available to buy the club as a whole it makes sense to sell it piece by piece starting with players.

He sold the Degas statue, work hasn't progressed on the station approach redevelopment, the club is selling players for millions and reinvesting peanuts.

I guess multimillionaires are not recession proof.

If true he needs to be a bit more honest about it rather than talking about returning to the Prem

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 22 Aug 2009 20:27

PEARCEY If he choses to carry on as he is he will be gone before Christmas.

No he won't - it will cost too much to get rid of him.

We are where we are -Madejski is suffering from his main business interests being in a sector that is struggling. Let's face it - RFC is (probably quite rightly in his eyes) the least of his concerns -especially when it has/had cashable assets to take advantage of.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 20:29

wolsey

We are where we are -Madejski is suffering from his main business interests being in a sector that is struggling. Let's face it - RFC is (probably quite rightly in his eyes) the least of his concerns -especially when it has/had cashable assets to take advantage of.

I think the fans will really turn if this carries on for three more months and BR's position would become untenable.
Lets hope things improve and this situation doesn't arise.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 20:36

wolsey

As fans, we are not looking to be treated second best. If he thinks he can suck money out of the club to put in other business he is a disgrace of a man.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2009 20:38

FiNeRaIn
wolsey

As fans, we are not looking to be treated second best. If he thinks he can suck money out of the club to put in other business he is a disgrace of a man.

So yet again someone claims he has taken money out of the club. Where is the evidence of this?

It has been confirmed that we have paid off the overdraft (wasn't it around £6m?) and that now the money coming in is available for transfers. Those are Rodgers words not mine.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 20:39

What would we have an overdraft for? Isn't an overdraft supposed to be relatively short term?

Im not saying he has taken money out, but if he has thats disgusting.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2009 20:41

FiNeRaIn What would we have an overdraft for? Isn't an overdraft supposed to be relatively short term?

Overdrafts are ongoing debt and it only needs to be repaid if the bank remove the facility or if you want to pay it off. I have no idea whch of those it is but we have paid it off.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 20:45

Wycombe Royal
FiNeRaIn What would we have an overdraft for? Isn't an overdraft supposed to be relatively short term?

Overdrafts are ongoing debt and it only needs to be repaid if the bank remove the facility or if you want to pay it off. I have no idea whch of those it is but we have paid it off.

Hmm, im really not convinced about our finances at all, neither are any of the BBCRB staff.
We have a long term loan for the stadium, quite what we'd have an overdraft for is baffling.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2009 20:45

The fans need some honesty and some clarity regarding the financial situation from the hierarchy of this football club. All we are able to do is speculate and go on what we read and hear from not the most reliable of sources. Knee jerk reactions are pointless but alarm bells should be going off somewhere in the Berkshire countryside. 11,000 ST holders. 16,000 today of which 1,000 from Sheffield. Thats 4,000 casuals. Do the maths.

I remember the 3-0 gubbing by Port Vale when there was the pitch invasion and the crowd chanting "Nice ground, no fans". The target was Terry Bullivant. No point giving Brendan stick. He has to make do with what he has been dealt. No. This time it is different and the target is SJM himself.

So come on Big Man. Tell us the truth. What has happened to the Premiership, SKY TV and transfer money?

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 22 Aug 2009 20:49

Why not have a day when everyone takes Polos to the ground and chucks them at Mr Madejski.

Call it MINTS day.

Madejski Is Not Trying Sufficiently

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2009 20:51

PEARCEY Good post Rev H. The youngsters as individual players are good but play them collectively and its a different story as they are making mistakes borne out of inexperience.
I feel for Rodgers too and hope he gets through this difficult start. He is not helping himself though and has got to play the likes of Harper and Matejovsky and bring in a physical presence up-front and a tough tackling midfielder. If he choses to carry on as he is he will be gone before Christmas.

There has been an incredible amount of bollox written on HNA for a considerable time. However, this post does not fall into that category. We HAVE the experience within the club to help blood the youngsters in. We have Marek and Harper plus Boris and Ivar. But a stroong spine is essential. Does Johnny Mad really want to be visiting Brisbane Road and Boundary Park and show off HIS rapidly emptying mausoleum?

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 22 Aug 2009 20:51

Wycombe Royal

Can't manage the quote system, but where did I say that Madejski was taking money from the Club - merely suggested that it wouldn't have been a totally unrealistic scenario.

This Club needs reinvestment at the moment. Do you think that it is likely to be forthcoming?

Or have we reached a stage where we have to make do and mend?

Oh, and what happens this time next year when we are likely to have no re-saleable assets AND the parachute payments have stopped?

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 22 Aug 2009 20:52

PEARCEY
wolsey

We are where we are -Madejski is suffering from his main business interests being in a sector that is struggling. Let's face it - RFC is (probably quite rightly in his eyes) the least of his concerns -especially when it has/had cash able assets to take advantage of.

I think the fans will really turn if this carries on for three more months and BR's position would become untenable.
Lets hope things improve and this situation doesn't arise.

Exactly my thoughts. We have no right to ask Madejski or anyone to use his money to invest in the club. As much as it may hurt us Reading fans it seems fairly clear that no one has shown any interest in buying us. Madejski has repeatedly made it clear and public that he wants to sell. If someone came in with a real offer I think at the very least we'd hear about but nothing which suggests that the club we all supposedly love doesn't interest anyone at the moment. I know it hurts but that's the truth.

It has become increasingly clear in recent years that Madejski was not the benefactor that he was portrayed as but is instead someone who was prepared to offer the club loans and would allow them to be paid back over time at rates better than a bank could offer. People want to know where the money has gone, well I'll tell you paying back Madejski's and the banks' loans. We spent £50 millions on that bloody stadium and what really annoys me is that everyone has forgot that. 50 oxf*rd million pounds where the hell do you think that came from? People also forget that the club was losing millions every season for nearly a decade before we got promoted in 2006. All of this has to be paid back people! You can talk about the club making nearly £100 million from the Premier League but you should also remember that it also brought a serious rise in costs. Our wage bill has been nearly £15 million a year for 3 years.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2009 20:54

wolsey
Wycombe Royal

Can't manage the quote system, but where did I say that Madejski was taking money from the Club - merely suggested that it wouldn't have been a totally unrealistic scenario.

I don't believe I was responding to you.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Peeved

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 22 Aug 2009 20:55

No home league win since we played Wolves back in January 2008.

A pant's day could be on the horizon if this run of home form continues that will get the fans going!!

281 posts