How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Sep 2009 18:45

Sun Tzu If we go down this season he'll be given the chance to bring us back up (not that i think there is any real prospect of going down...)

cardiff have lost 3 of their last 4 games... guess who they did not lose to

peterboro have won one game all season .. guess who to

how can you honestly say you think there is no prospect of us going down?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Sep 2009 18:56

Too many comparisons with Terry the Taxi and too many Nobbers recognise the signs. The only thing missing is an anhialation at somewhere like Tranmere (6-0 wasn't it?) and SJM walking with BR around the perimeter after the game.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 20 Sep 2009 19:21

I have never been so miserable as a Reading fan since Burns (including recent relegation and play offs).

BR seems so preoccupied with diamonds and 433 or 4132 or fecking whatever.
I believe it was SSC who said 'formations don't win games, players do.' We have bargain bucket signings whilst the experience and heart have been torn out so we can balance the fecking books.
I can't believe anyone would think Howard is better than Harper, or Cummings better than Rosenior, or Rasiak better than Tommy Smith (who we should have bought easily).

The fact that we're all waiting for McAnuff to be fit makes me really depressed.

A few years ago we were getting results against Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 Sep 2009 20:00

Terminal Boardom The only thing missing is an anhialation at somewhere like Tranmere (6-0 wasn't it?).

It was Tranmere and, if we continue as we have been, we might get to see it on 17th October (having seen what West Brom did at the Riverside yesterday!).

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Sep 2009 10:55

Jimbo I believe it was SSC who said 'formations don't win games, players do.' We have bargain bucket signings whilst the experience and heart have been torn out so we can balance the fecking books.

After Saturday the consensus from BBC Berks was that they felt Clodagh was bl**dy annoyed with the players and certainly he made it clear in his post match interview the he felt the issue was a lack of mental strength from his players rather than any particular formation problem.

And, apparently, a few home truths were put the players way after the game.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1803230,00.html

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Sep 2009 11:12

Terminal Boardom Too many comparisons with Terry the Taxi and too many Nobbers recognise the signs. The only thing missing is an anhialation at somewhere like Tranmere (6-0 wasn't it?) and SJM walking with BR around the perimeter after the game.

The difference for me is that we were a truly clueless team back then. These days I actually think we're a solid team who are a couple of decent finishes away from being mid-table.

There isn't a single fixture in this division that we should go in to thinking we can't win.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 21 Sep 2009 11:35

Maguire
Terminal Boardom Too many comparisons with Terry the Taxi and too many Nobbers recognise the signs. The only thing missing is an anhialation at somewhere like Tranmere (6-0 wasn't it?) and SJM walking with BR around the perimeter after the game.

The difference for me is that we were a truly clueless team back then. These days I actually think we're a solid team who are a couple of decent finishes away from being mid-table.

There isn't a single fixture in this division that we should go in to thinking we can't win.

What, not even WBA at the Hawthorns or?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 21 Sep 2009 11:46

Personally from the outset I gave Rodgers 10 games before I start to judge him. 5 in August and 5 after the transfer window closed. That gives him Watford and Preston next week and then I will judge him from Boro onwards. Even then I think I am being harsh.

Some want his head now after just 8 games... that is just ludicrous.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Sep 2009 11:53

Dorset-Knob
Maguire

What, not even WBA at the Hawthorns or?

I mean, literally, not a single fixture.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 Sep 2009 16:27

Re Leon's comment above..Bullivant was sacked before we went down with Tommy Burns brought in leading to the infamous transfer deadline day mass signings of world-beaters such as Paul Brayson.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2009 20:39

PEARCEY Re Leon's comment above..Bullivant was sacked before we went down with Tommy Burns brought in leading to the infamous transfer deadline day mass signings of world-beaters such as Paul Brayson.

My point was inexperienced manager but well thought of coach, comes in to the club adjusting to financial restrictions after a period of financially unsustainable success, and struggles. We all know where that went.

I just have a very uneasy feeling that's all. An inexperienced team led by an inexperienced manager is a recipe for relegation. Hopefully BR and the team can learn very quickly. He needs to get a settled, balanced side sharpish and let them progress.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Sep 2009 09:31

He has 1 game left

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Sep 2009 09:41

loyalroyal4life He has 1 game left

That sounds a very confident and emphatic statement. Care to enlighten us what you base that on?

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 22 Sep 2009 09:53

The biggest difference between now and the Burns/Bullivant failures is that the players had lost faith in the manager and I don't think that is a problem.................yet!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 22 Sep 2009 12:27

I'm not so sure. If it hasn't arrived, then it's certainly just round the corner.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Sep 2009 12:37

talking with a watford fan today

i asked "how long did it take BR to sort things out at Watford"?

"oh, at first he tried all this continental passing football" came the response, "it didn't work. then after a couple of months he moved more direct and back to a more 4-4-2, things improved and we were the form team at the end of the season"

"he wasn't very popular for a couple of months"

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 26 Sep 2009 18:22

So. those are the easy games over. Now comes Preston, Boro and West Brom. I would be surprised if Reading get more than a single point from these three games and even more surprised if BR is still in his post by the end of this run.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 26 Sep 2009 18:38

We could be bottom after those three. I seriously cannot see us getting a single point.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Sep 2009 18:40

What is wrong with me? I almost want Reading to lose at the moment. Blast HNA.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Sep 2009 18:46

Forest Gump So. those are the easy games over. Now comes Preston, Boro and West Brom. I would be surprised if Reading get more than a single point from these three games and even more surprised if BR is still in his post by the end of this run.

In the first 15 games we will have played the most of the top 10. 15 points after 15 games is about as good as it will realistically get. We need to back Rodgers who has a very difficult job - not sack him.

259 posts