Shaun Cummings

223 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Shaun Cummings

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 18 Oct 2009 19:12

Ideal Do you think even Tommy Burns would have signed this man?

No. He didn't cost enough.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2009 19:28

Bring back Andy Bernal.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Oct 2009 19:41

I called cummings out for being shit on his second game - 10 games later and he's getting worse. Solid signing BR - get rid of a former england under 21 and replace with this no mark.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 18 Oct 2009 19:49

In defence he was up against a class act in Thomas, someone i believe is premiership standard and given that he was on a free a player we should have been looking at. Having said that Cummings is fast becoming a liability with a series of nervy performances- several misplaced balls going for throw ons,little spacial awareness of who was around him when WBA pressed and giving Thomas a head start time and time again as he got caught in the trap of pursuing the attacking left back (Mattock?) leaving a gaping hole and one of our CB's having to come out of position and deal. Having started well it was only time before WBA realised Cummings positional weaknesses, pinging accurate long balls over his head onto the feet of Thomas. True he is young and is on a learning curve but i wonder whether if this is too steep. Kebe for his good and bad points wont help the development of Cummings as he offers little protection and they appear poles apart, and with Rodgers pinning his belief on Jimmy game after game i cant see any real improvement down the right.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Oct 2009 19:51

He wasn't on a free. We actually paid money for this shocker.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Oct 2009 19:52

Stevie G If you are reading this Shaun, please remind us all on how you actually gave insider info on the club and players you spent a period on loan to at the start of the season and then managed to get so ripped it was as if you'd never seen them before.

D'you think they had it in for you!

Or were they the club that had actually done their homework.

I had forgotten about this. Looks as if they knew more about him than he did about them. Sadly for someone to look so bad in such a shit team is really saying something. Any more limited and he would be quoted on the Stock Exchange.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 19:54

FiNeRaIn I called cummings out for being shit on his second game - 10 games later and he's getting worse. Solid signing BR - get rid of a former england under 21 and replace with this no mark.

Ten games after his second game? How exactly are you managing to post from 21 November?

He's played 7, not knowing that just shows how worthless your opinion is. Or can you not tell the difference between him and Rosenior? I'd agree it was easy to spot he was shit at the start of the season.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Oct 2009 20:04

Ian Royal
FiNeRaIn I called cummings out for being shit on his second game - 10 games later and he's getting worse. Solid signing BR - get rid of a former england under 21 and replace with this no mark.

Ten games after his second game? How exactly are you managing to post from 21 November?

He's played 7, not knowing that just shows how worthless your opinion is. Or can you not tell the difference between him and Rosenior? I'd agree it was easy to spot he was shit at the start of the season.

The irony in you calling my opinion worthless when you don't even go to games. Whatever, wrong figures, he's been crap every one and is the worse right back i've seen whilst I have been supporting the club.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 18 Oct 2009 20:15

Turns8 I think he's better than Rosenior :shock:

Just out of curiosity, do you still share this view ?

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 18 Oct 2009 20:23

It is hard when we rely on someone so young and inexperienced, but if that's the case then keep him as an 'academy' type and ship him out on loan. I fear Brendan doesn't want to do this as it will question his transfer 'nous', hence you'll see Shaun in the starting line up on Tuedsay, admittedly in part as we have no realistic cover for that slot, which fuels the argument as to why Brendan continues to play him and continues to cover up what is his transfer naivety!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 18 Oct 2009 20:41

Stevie G It is hard when we rely on someone so young and inexperienced, but if that's the case then keep him as an 'academy' type and ship him out on loan. I fear Brendan doesn't want to do this as it will question his transfer 'nous', hence you'll see Shaun in the starting line up on Tuedsay, admittedly in part as we have no realistic cover for that slot, which fuels the argument as to why Brendan continues to play him and continues to cover up what is his transfer naivety!

dont forget it seems he had to get rid of Rosenoir because of the pressure on the wage bill

Cummings isnt good enough and its certainly a bad signing by Rodgers, but maybe now some will realise that Rosey wasnt that bad

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 18 Oct 2009 20:59

As i said on another thread, Rosenior should be recalled in time for tuesday.
It's madness having no cover in that position.
What incentive has Cummings got to perform when he knows that there is no one to take his place.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 21:16

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

The irony in you calling my opinion worthless when you don't even go to games. Whatever, wrong figures, he's been crap every one and is the worse right back i've seen whilst I have been supporting the club.

The last resort of an idiot.

I have been to games, I've seen Cummings 3 times this season, that's almost half his games. Besides I'm not arguing with you about whether he's any good, just showing you up to be a total div.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 18 Oct 2009 21:29

what did this guy do at Chelsea for 10 years?

have we actually signed someone who worked in the canteen at Chelseas youth ground? :|

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 18 Oct 2009 21:31

BBC report was not very complimentary. But not right to single out one player when whole team is sh!te

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Oct 2009 21:32

Forest Gump BBC report was not very complimentary. But not right to single out one player when whole team is sh!te

If we'd had a competent RB we'd have won yesterday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 21:36

winchester_royal
Forest Gump BBC report was not very complimentary. But not right to single out one player when whole team is sh!te

If we'd had a competent RB we'd have won yesterday.

What a ridiculous thing to say, no matter how bad Cummings was.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 21:37

Ian Royal
FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

The last resort of an idiot.

I have been to games, I've seen Cummings 3 times this season, that's almost half his games. Besides I'm not arguing with you about whether he's any good, just showing you up to be a total div.

Oh and by the way, I've been to almost as many games as most of our STHs given our away support.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Oct 2009 21:38

You obviously weren't there on Saturday. (Most of) the team was sh!te - he was a whole cesspit of cr@p all to himself.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2009 22:02

MR. CYNICAL As i said on another thread, Rosenior should be recalled in time for tuesday.
It's madness having no cover in that position.
What incentive has Cummings got to perform when he knows that there is no one to take his place.

Kingsley's upped his training regime!

223 posts