Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Shaun Long

by cmonurz » 14 Feb 2010 00:21

AthleticoSpizz lets put on the breeches and top hats

after you sir

no I insist, after you sir

no please, do take the ball down the flank

oh, if you would grant me that priviledge

as the crowd politely clap, before tucking into their larks tongue and swan sandwiches

And the risk that a West Brom defender will have his ankle bent backwards by a flying Irishman is reduced significantly.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2010 00:23

cmonurz
AthleticoSpizz lets put on the breeches and top hats

after you sir

no I insist, after you sir

no please, do take the ball down the flank

oh, if you would grant me that priviledge

as the crowd politely clap, before tucking into their larks tongue and swan sandwiches

And the risk that a West Brom defender will have his ankle bent backwards by a flying Irishman is reduced significantly.

erm....is this football that we are playing or chess

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 14 Feb 2010 00:26

It's football, which is why Long could have slid along the ground with his foot out-streched and challenged for the ball.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2010 00:29

cmonurz It's football, which is why Long could have slid along the ground with his foot out-streched and challenged for the ball.
he didn't

and it was a yellow

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 00:31

AthleticoSpizz
cmonurz It's football, which is why Long could have slid along the ground with his foot out-streched and challenged for the ball.
he didn't

and it was a yellow

Having played with you, I can understand why you think that. I'm not sure the Burbs shins agreed though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2010 00:34

Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
he didn't

and it was a yellow

Having played with you, I can understand why you think that. I'm not sure the Burbs shins agreed though.
I don't recall getting carded :!:

I don't recall a ref :wink:

Fezza

by Fezza » 14 Feb 2010 08:30

Off the ground.

Went over the top of the ball.

Studs showing.

Stamping action.

WBA player needed stiches.

Therefore a red card. Probably one of the worst challenges I've seen this year. Not sure about the WBA player getting sent off as I thought both yellows were a bit weak and he was just looking to even it up!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Feb 2010 08:49

Long was a complete idiot to try jumping in like that in an area where it really wasn't necessary to do so and got the right decision from the ref. Got what he deserved and now has a 4 game ban meaning he'll miss Palace, Blackpool, WBA & Sheff Wed.

Such a shame his playing improvement wasn't matched by an improvement in intelligence, now we have to find another striker who can score goals from somwhere....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 10:31

cmonurz Sorry - easy red. He might have gone in with one foot, but he was 6-8 inches off the ground, late, and straight into the WBA player's ankle. Easy decision for the ref.

Lovely pass from Rasiak from Church's goal. And no wonder Church looked relieved to tap in the rebound, his first attempt was woeful.

Agree about the red. stud high lunge.
Very harsh on Church. The keeper had rushed out and Simon had two defenders chasing him. He controlled the ball well and didn't panic and did the right thing to try and chip him. Nothing wrong with that.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Feb 2010 11:01

NOT seen it on the TV. Was in Y21and I think it was Kebe had been harassing their defender
and Long ran from a long way away. He was coming fast, full of enthusiasm, working his
socks off and got it wrong.

Nobody near my seat thought it should be a red. Most were flabbergasted.

Quite prepared to believe that caught by the camera it looks worse and "deserved a red"
but I don't think it was stupidity and it definitely wasn't petulance.

It was a guy on fire having a real go against players who were and had been overly robust throughout the game.

I was most interested to hear the manager. There wasn't the slightest criticism of Long by him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 11:05

Snowball NOT seen it on the TV. Was in Y21and I think it was Kebe had been harassing their defender
and Long ran from a long way away. He was coming fast, full of enthusiasm, working his

Quite prepared to believe that caught by the camera it looks worse and "deserved a red"

It was a guy on fire having a real go against players who were and had been overly robust throughout the game.

I was most interested to hear the manager. There wasn't the slightest criticism of Long by him.

It was a really stupid challenge. I like Shane and was really pleased to see him scoring goals, looking fitter and playing well but to go in like he did was idiotic. Its not as if it was in a particular area of the pitch that really mattered. No need to go in like he did.
He has undone a lot of good work from the past few weeks and will be missing from vital games over the next couple of weeks.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Feb 2010 12:21

Snowball NOT seen it on the TV. Was in Y21and I think it was Kebe had been harassing their defender

Snowball,
Are you Long's solicitor as well as his PR man?
A really stupid challenge and those around me in Y21 knew it was a red straight away.
If ever two players summed up the archetypal image of foottballers being thick it was Long and their sub.
Irresponsible play by both men who ought to be fined by their clubs.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Feb 2010 13:00

It was a definite red, get over it.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Feb 2010 13:22

I'm bloody angry with Long. Not only was it a mindlessly reckless tackle, it was the same as the one he got sent off for earlier in the season. Does he not learn? Church, on the other hand, is learning: he controlled himself after his goal and didn't jump into the crowd per Bristol. Now all he needs to learn is how to shoot. What a pair to have as our first choice strikers! Suspensions can cost on the pitch.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Feb 2010 13:30

Anyone know how long Long is suspended for?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Feb 2010 13:34

SLAMMED Anyone know how long Long is suspended for?

4 games .

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Feb 2010 13:47

4 :shock:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 14:06

facaldaqui I'm bloody angry with Long. Not only was it a mindlessly reckless tackle, it was the same as the one he got sent off for earlier in the season. Does he not learn? Church, on the other hand, is learning: he controlled himself after his goal and didn't jump into the crowd per Bristol. Now all he needs to learn is how to shoot. What a pair to have as our first choice strikers! Suspensions can cost on the pitch.

Church didn't jump into the crowd at Bristol. Somebody else did and he took the rap.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Feb 2010 14:18

PEARCEY Church didn't jump into the crowd at Bristol. Somebody else did and he took the rap.

Sometimes, Pearcey, I wonder if you are related to him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 14:22

facaldaqui
PEARCEY Church didn't jump into the crowd at Bristol. Somebody else did and he took the rap.

Sometimes, Pearcey, I wonder if you are related to him.

:lol: Just telling it how it was. He went towards the crowd but someone else(I can't remember who) jumped in. He did nothing wrong but was booked for what his colleague did.
I just like his attitude. I have a lot of time for him.

238 posts