Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by melonhead » 22 Jul 2013 11:46

with no actual improvement in results?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jul 2013 12:12

Love to see any manager being able to get anything different out of Michaels Brown or Tonge.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jul 2013 12:34

melonhead with no actual improvement in results?

Didn't have enough time to really know if they were good enough to get better results at that level playing a better brand of football, so it's a pointless comparison. I certainly don't think we looked less likely to get results.

Platypuss Love to see any manager being able to get anything different out of Michaels Brown or Tonge.

Tonge used to be quite a cultured player at Sheff Utd and Brown I don't think Brown played. He's got plenty of work with really.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jul 2013 13:10

The Michael Brown who broke Jem's ankle last year, right? You know, THAT Michael Brown?

Michael Tonge played for Warnock under Sheff U, then Stoke, then joined Warnock at Leeds. Yep, I'm sure it was his cultured play they were after.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jul 2013 13:30

Platypuss The Michael Brown who broke Jem's ankle last year, right? You know, THAT Michael Brown?

Michael Tonge played for Warnock under Sheff U, then Stoke, then joined Warnock at Leeds. Yep, I'm sure it was his cultured play they were after.

Yep, that's the Brown that didn't play.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 23 Jul 2013 10:37

Sounded very frustrated in that interview - was more defensive in it than some of his post-match interviews with Dellor last season.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Jul 2013 11:36

Isaac Hunt

Sounded very frustrated in that interview - was more defensive in it than some of his post-match interviews with Dellor last season.

Sounds like a man under pressure already - before the season has started. Does not bode well in my view for him.....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Jul 2013 18:58

@PhilHayYEP 7m
Eight changes for #lufc tonight, with diamond formation in place again. Thompson and Drury at full-back with the task of supplying the width

Leeds have one winger and seem to have resorted to using wing-backs.. Not working out too well thus far.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2013 19:01

SPARTA @PhilHayYEP 7m
Eight changes for #lufc tonight, with diamond formation in place again. Thompson and Drury at full-back with the task of supplying the width

Leeds have one winger and seem to have resorted to using wing-backs.. Not working out too well thus far.

Well it means Brian has to try and work some creativity centrally and can't rely on width and hoofing only.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Jul 2013 19:13

I find it hilarious all the Leeds fans kicking off on twitter.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jul 2013 19:19

Ian Royal
SPARTA @PhilHayYEP 7m

Well it means Brian has to try and work some creativity centrally and can't rely on width and hoofing only.

Well its good to see with his latest targets, Gorkss and Mills, he is building an expansive passing game from the back.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Jul 2013 20:19

maffff
Ian Royal
SPARTA @PhilHayYEP 7m

Well its good to see with his latest targets, Gorkss and Mills, he is building an expansive passing game from the back.

@PhilHayYEP 3m
Deflected shot from Tansey flies inches wide. No doubt that Stevenage should be in front here, although Green just missed a decent chance.

@PhilHayYEP 43s
HT: Stevenage 0 #lufc 0. Better towards the end but Gok Wan would struggle to dress that half up.

Garn Stevenage. :wink:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jul 2013 21:24

3-0 now tbf to Bri.

Pointless thread until any meaningful comparison can be made though tbh.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jul 2013 08:57

There can't be any meaningful comparison though.

How McDermott does with Leeds has no bearing on whether or not it was the right decision for him to leave Reading.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jul 2013 09:00

Hoop Blah There can't be any meaningful comparison though.

How McDermott does with Leeds has no bearing on whether or not it was the right decision for him to leave Reading.

Yeah, I don't disagree, I was just trying to calm that lot down ^

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jul 2013 11:13

I really, really don't understand it. These morons must have cheered Brian like a hero when we went on our cup runs, when we got to the p/o final, and when we stormed to the league title.

Why are they now trawling Twitter trying to find ammunition to fire at him now he's in a completely new job?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Jul 2013 11:32

They just have no respect and it's a shame as it's not just the things he did as manager but all he did off the pitch in over a decade.

Cypry

by Cypry » 24 Jul 2013 11:43

sandman They just have no respect and it's a shame as it's not just the things he did as manager but all he did off the pitch in over a decade.

Absolutely correct, people need to remember what he did for us, and give him the respect he deserves, but I still believe it was the right decision to replace him, and had we acted sooner it might have given us a better shout at staying up....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Jul 2013 11:55

And that's fine! It's not something I agree with as I think we were going down whoever was in charge and we were got there thanks to Brian overachieving.

Anyway we've been through the whys and wherefores a million times can we just end the petty digs at Brian and his professional ability?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 24 Jul 2013 12:03

Maguire I really, really don't understand it. These morons must have cheered Brian like a hero when we went on our cup runs, when we got to the p/o final, and when we stormed to the league title.

Why are they now trawling Twitter trying to find ammunition to fire at him now he's in a completely new job?

Coffee spat over computer screen.

CSOCS?

3714 posts