New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

1747 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Jun 2009 15:33

Its a good signing for us but lets face its the least expected surprise of the summer

we all knew it was happening a couple of weeks back and there wasn't really much competition to Rodgers

I just hope he gets some decent financial backing to build his OWN team

chandog

by chandog » 04 Jun 2009 15:35

a good person to bring in imo

clearly has huge potential after his time at chelsea and had a good half season at watford

i just hope he gets a fair chance to bring in his own players and make his own team rather than having to work with what is already here.

MartinRdg

Re: New manager [Merged]

by MartinRdg » 04 Jun 2009 15:41

Agent Balti
Royal Lady I still don't understand why we let Hahnemann go - surely it was up to the new manager to decide if he wanted to keep him on. This now means we need a new goalkeeper - even as a reserve, before we start listing the other positions that need filling/cover.

Wages, RL. Hahnemann would have been on very decent wages and he was 36. To commit to another one or two years on his wage would have been daft when they can get a cheaper, younger model in...even if it's 2nd fiddle to Federici. (I doubt Hahnemann would have liked to be in limbo until the new manager decided if he wanted him or not either.)

The old guard at all levels were no longer required and too expensive to renegotiate with, simple as that.

Interesting to see that we paid out £33M in our second season in the Premier which was 11% up on the previous year. We needed to get rid of some high earners.

Premiership Wages

Anyway we have Federici and a couple of very promising prospects lined up behind him.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 04 Jun 2009 15:50

winchester_royal Watford OS confirm Rodgers has gone.

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~1685684,00.html

Third para from the end made me laugh. You'd think they'd been in the Premiership for years!

'Watford is going through a transitional phase, as all clubs do when they come out of the Premiership'

Fortunate to get promoted in the first place,they then spent one miserable season getting humiliated every week (apart from when they played us!) before being relegated.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jun 2009 16:00

It's taking an awful long time to confirm it on the OS. Are they waiting until they hold a news conference?

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 04 Jun 2009 16:00

Still no talk of a press conference, or have I missed it? Seems that if we have one when Sir Steve said he'd stay another year, surely we'd have one to introduce the new manager?

philM

by philM » 04 Jun 2009 16:00

winchester_royal It's taking an awful long time to confirm it on the OS. Are they waiting until they hold a news conference?

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1686363,00.html
Last edited by philM on 04 Jun 2009 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jun 2009 16:02

philM
winchester_royal It's taking an awful long time to confirm it on the OS. Are they waiting until they hold a news conference?

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1686363,00.html

Thats confirmation of agreement in fee, not that he's actually joined.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Jun 2009 16:03

Row Z Royal
Dirk Gently
Wizard Are we gonna hear today? Probably leave it another week before telling everyone.

Yes we are. (unless there's a last minute breakdown in negotiations) So almost certainly YES- mid adfternoon today. The various media are doing their planning and interviews already.

What comment have you made?

Said that he'd be alright as long as he doesn't model his manageral stlye on that used by Hobnob FC.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jun 2009 16:04

i guess the club are pretending theyve not yet agreed anything with him, so that watford dont get the hump about them sorting this out weeks ago?

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 04 Jun 2009 16:05

any idea of when press conference is - presumably tomorrow sometime (11am?)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jun 2009 16:15

Royal Rother
2 world wars, 1 world cup Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox Bollox

Weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo Weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo Weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo weirdo

Thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky thicky

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Jun 2009 16:17

brendywendy i guess the club are pretending theyve not yet agreed anything with him, so that watford dont get the hump about them sorting this out weeks ago?

I'd think that they're still discussing all the details of his contract - we know he's left Watford and a fee has been agreed - let's just hope he doesn't ask for too much money or excessive riders.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jun 2009 16:20

Dirk Gently
brendywendy i guess the club are pretending theyve not yet agreed anything with him, so that watford dont get the hump about them sorting this out weeks ago?

I'd think that they're still discussing all the details of his contract - we know he's left Watford and a fee has been agreed - let's just hope he doesn't ask for too much money or excessive riders.

hes probably baulked at teh idea of going into the season with no money to spend

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jun 2009 16:21

brendywendy
Dirk Gently

hes probably baulked at teh idea of going into the season with no money to spend

Ah, always the conspiracy theorist.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Jun 2009 16:23

brendywendy
Dirk Gently

He should have thought of that before he left Watford - he's burnt his bridges now!

Seriously, though, he'll get a lot more money to spend than he did at Watford, and at the last Fans' Forum Wally was talking about all the young kids being valuable - not as players for us but in players to sell to bring in new ones.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Jun 2009 16:23

Can see why Watford fans are upset. Similar situation to McGhee when he left for Leicester. Don't blame them for being pissed off.

For what it's worth - of course we have gone for the cheap option. It worked with McGhee, Pardew and Coppell (who at the time wasn't exactly high profile at Brighton). It's the Madejski way. The only time he truly threw money at the club was during the Burns era - and look where that got us! It could conceivably go either way. I just hope we end up with a "McGhee" rather than a "Bullivant".

I wish him the best. Let's see what happens.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Jun 2009 16:24

Terminal Boardom
Royal_Belly Thurs 4th June

That's my choice. Thursdays are traditionally good days for Mad Stad press conferences.

21st May I said this so I guess I am 3rd!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jun 2009 16:24

was a jokette

im extremely happy with the near appointment of rogers as our manager

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 04 Jun 2009 16:26

brendywendy im extremely happy with the near appointment of rogers as our manager

Last edited by Rawlie19 on 04 Jun 2009 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

1747 posts