demonstration

205 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: demonstration

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Aug 2010 22:09

Mid Sussex Royal I'm boycotting the next game as my demonstration and going to Crawley Town - an ambitious conference side who have spent more than Reading this month, sold no one and may only be one division apart from us next year.

As well as lower match cost/drink, I will save £15-20 on petrol and not get jammed on the Oxf*rd M25 which has been a nightmare this summer.

Careful. You might enjoy it. Watching Crawley that is.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2010 22:09

If the old git didn't care to the fans feelings about selling Gylfi before he left he's unlikely to care now. However, if you want to speed up the next time you see him cross the road be my guest.
Last edited by sandman on 31 Aug 2010 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 31 Aug 2010 22:12

2 world wars, 1 world cup I have a friend who named his child Gylfi, has Gylfi tattoed across his back and lost his wife as a result of both of these.

He also spent £30,000 on the numberplate "GYLF1"

And has betted the rest of his savings that Gylfi will lead us to the premiership.

To make matters worse he made a promise to his old man - who is on his deathbed - that he will get Gylfi to sign his 1922 Reading shirt before he dies, as it is his final earthly wish.

I hope Gylfi is happy with himself.

For Oxford sake... Spent £30,000 on a bloomin' numberplate! If he'd have just given it to Gylfi, I bet he would have stayed. It's all your mate's fault! :twisted: :evil: :x

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 31 Aug 2010 22:13

2 world wars, 1 world cup I have a friend who named his child Gylfi, has Gylfi tattoed across his back and lost his wife as a result of both of these.

And has betted the rest of his savings that Gylfi will lead us to the premiership.

To make matters worse he made a promise to his old man - who is on his deathbed - that he will get Gylfi to sign his 1922 Reading shirt before he dies, as it is his final earthly wish.

Do you have any other friends?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Sep 2010 01:13

phil in cornwall

Do you have any other friends?

I have an invisible friend.

Well when I say friend I mean acquaintance really.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2010 09:47

prostak HI GUYZ!

Listen, I don't understand particle accelerators. So I don't discuss them as if I did. That seems fairly appropriate, no?

So tell me, why do people who clearly haven't the first clue about accounting consider themselves fully qualified to weigh in? You know it doesn't work like on Championship Manager, right? Selling a player for 6m does not mean your bank account is instantly credited with 6m. Now, maybe it'd help you all if you visualised the Large Hadron Collider in place of your branch of HSBC - perhaps this strong visual metaphor will remind you how damned ignorant you really are?

As you are so smart you should also have realised that when you buy a player all of that money isn't instantly gone from your account either.

It works both ways you see - and even more in your favour when it's a £6M+ sale and only a couple of hundred K (at most) in bringing players in!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Sep 2010 13:38

Protest movement, working title:

Chairman
U
Need
To
Spend

Join C.U.N.T.S

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 03 Sep 2010 14:05

under the tin For me, that will depend entirely on how the proceeds of the sale are used.
If Brian gets the cash to replace, then I'm cool with it.
If we get the "Budget deficit" line, then I intend boycotting a game. if several thousand did the same in a coordinated action, it would send the message out nationwide, and Jm hates negative publicity.

i dont mind missing a game... just dont make it a good one :shock:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Sep 2010 14:07

fester_royal
under the tin For me, that will depend entirely on how the proceeds of the sale are used.
If Brian gets the cash to replace, then I'm cool with it.
If we get the "Budget deficit" line, then I intend boycotting a game. if several thousand did the same in a coordinated action, it would send the message out nationwide, and Jm hates negative publicity.

i dont mind missing a game... just dont make it a good one :shock:

The atmosphere would be better.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Sep 2010 14:13

I think we should just get Uri Geller to do some kind of wacko hypnosis stuff on SJM...

'When you wake up you'll want to spend ridiculous amounts of cash on Reading FC, you'll do anything to bankroll the club's success... football is your life, if you could see your blood cells under a microscope they would look like little footballs - you are Mr Football!

And I hope this tea set wasn't expensive - I think I just bent one your spoons.'

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Sep 2010 14:13

So 8 pages in and what's the outcome of this thread?

Are you all going to carry on moaning behind your keyboard about the passing of a player whom only pulled on a shirt for us in 1 whole season? :lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Sep 2010 14:15

RoyalBlue
prostak HI GUYZ!

Listen, I don't understand particle accelerators. So I don't discuss them as if I did. That seems fairly appropriate, no?

So tell me, why do people who clearly haven't the first clue about accounting consider themselves fully qualified to weigh in? You know it doesn't work like on Championship Manager, right? Selling a player for 6m does not mean your bank account is instantly credited with 6m. Now, maybe it'd help you all if you visualised the Large Hadron Collider in place of your branch of HSBC - perhaps this strong visual metaphor will remind you how damned ignorant you really are?

As you are so smart you should also have realised that when you buy a player all of that money isn't instantly gone from your account either.

It works both ways you see - and even more in your favour when it's a £6M+ sale and only a couple of hundred K (at most) in bringing players in!

But you do have to budget for the expenditure in the future, if you don't... and you can't pay it... well, that's exactly the same as spending money you don't have really.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Sep 2010 14:17

Big Foot So 8 pages in and what's the outcome of this thread?

They've successfully demonstrated that The Team is utterly tardstruck.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Sep 2010 14:27

Big Foot So 8 pages in and what's the outcome of this thread?

I've realised that nobody is keen on me singing Earth Song whilst holding on to two lamposts in front of SJM's car parking space...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2010 15:26

i for one am up for boycotting games.
i am choosing the tuesday and saturday away games of the W/C 13th. when im away on holiday. take that club.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Sep 2010 15:35

Well i'm certainly not going next saturday, as I'll be at the Zoo.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 03 Sep 2010 17:48

floyd__streete Protest movement, working title:

Chairman
U
Need
To
Spend

Join C.U.N.T.S

That is crying out for a huge flag tied to the middle of the east stand right in front of his line of sight.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 03 Sep 2010 19:19

roadrunner
floyd__streete Protest movement, working title:

Chairman
U
Need
To
Spend

Join C.U.N.T.S

That is crying out for a huge flag tied to the middle of the east stand right in front of his line of sight.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO! Somebody get hold of the bloke/group/family who own the big 'URZ #13' team shirt flag, and spray this on the opposite blank side, bare lol's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Sep 2010 19:24

Additionally,

CUstomers
Not
Taken
Seriously

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Sep 2010 19:36

You may not realise it but some of those acronyms, they spell out a rude word.

205 posts