Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leicester (H)

by brendywendy » 20 Apr 2011 10:03

West Stand Man
brendywendy
Snowball Jimmy made, not surprisingly, the Championship Team of the Week

so did Marcus Williams!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champi ... 94,00.html

yet another player written off too early?

Written off by who? The club has sent him out on loan - not yet disposed of him. Usually when they loan a player it is to help him develop, so maybe they haven't written him off quite yet?

i meant by the fans, not the club

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Apr 2011 10:05

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah
bcubed + 1
The guy is playing with more confidence enjoyment and desire than I have ever seen - he gets the crowd on their feet each time he gets the ball. He is lighting up every game he plays
And apparently this is not enough :shock:

Who said it wasn't enough?

If you read what I've posted I've said he had a good game but that some of his play showed why we've been able hold onto him despite him looking a class act at times.

I wonder how much some of you can actually read whilst maintaining a sense of perspective at times. Highlighting a passage of play where he didn't get everything right isn't being critical or pulling apart his performance, it's just pointing out a flaw/mistake which is why he's at this level.

It's typical HNAism. When we've won anything that isn't gushing praise is evil negativity.

intelligent commentary with some perspective isn't allowed.

Kebe had a superb game, but as you say, utterly fluffed two shots at least and put in a relatively weak cross.Leicester's indifference in tracking back may have helped Hunt be able to burst onto that ball unopposed and put it away. The ball was meant for Long and didn't have a hope of reaching him without a defender error. The speed of the break, plus Long's proximity meant the defender fluffed his clearance to Hunt, so the ball was good enough, but it wasn't good.

Anyone thinking that is an argument that Kebe didn't play extremely well is a bit weird in the head.

And there wouldn't be a lot of point in HNA if all anyone ever did when we won was gush enthusiastically about how brilliant we were.

pointing these things out in balanced fashion is fine.

just pointing out the two or three negative bits of his game is not allowed, and is punishable by death.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 20 Apr 2011 10:22

Maguire This board never fails to make me roll my eyes and smash my head into my desk.

Why on earth are we arguing about or even suggesting that Jimmy Kebe was something other than superb? He's just totally unplayable on days like that, yet apparently we're finding something to moan about after he's sprinted the length of the pitch, rinsed a couple of players and crossed for a goal?

You bunch of utter helmets.

This. Nothing else to say.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 20 Apr 2011 11:05

Just watched the highlights on OS. The run by Kebe for his goal was perfect - he just knew where the ball was going. His cross for Hunt's goal was a good pass to Long, but the defender did well to cut it out. Luckily for us it went straight to Hunt.

Kebe is absolutely superb.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Apr 2011 11:57

I hope Marcus comes good, but "help to develop"?

The guy had had 178 appearances prior to being loaned back to Scunny

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2011 14:00

brendywendy pointing these things out in balanced fashion is fine.

just pointing out the two or three negative bits of his game is not allowed, and is punishable by death.

It's lucky that nobodies done that then isn't it brendy?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 20 Apr 2011 14:10

Quote from Dean Kiely on Late Kick off East Midlands version.

' on paper you would take Leicesters team above Reading every time, but football isn't played on paper. This isn't some fantasy football that you play on the computer. It's what happens Monday to Friday that can affect Saturday and Reading seem to have that just right! '

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Apr 2011 14:55

Hoop Blah
brendywendy pointing these things out in balanced fashion is fine.

It's lucky that nobodies done that then isn't it brendy?

id say so, cos i dont think local law enforcement would let me kill someone for that without seriously thinking about some sort of punishment

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 20 Apr 2011 15:49

leicsRoyal Quote from Dean Kiely on Late Kick off East Midlands version.

' on paper you would take Leicesters team above Reading every time, but football isn't played on paper. This isn't some fantasy football that you play on the computer. It's what happens Monday to Friday that can affect Saturday and Reading seem to have that just right! '

Not one to question the infinite wisdom of mr kiely but I honestly couldn't think of many fester players I'd actually want in our squad.. Appart from king obviously that man is class!

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 20 Apr 2011 16:12

fester_royal Apart from king obviously that man is class!

And he should be ours as he is from Maidenhead according to my neighbour in the Mad Stad who knows his family

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 20 Apr 2011 16:17

westendgirl
fester_royal Apart from king obviously that man is class!

And he should be ours as he is from Maidenhead according to my neighbour in the Mad Stad who knows his family

Spot on, reference from wiki below.

Born in Maidenhead, Berkshire, King joined Chelsea when he was nine years old.[1] After being released in 2004 when he was 15 years old, he became a product of the Leicester City youth academy.[2]

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Apr 2011 10:26

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah
bcubed + 1
The guy is playing with more confidence enjoyment and desire than I have ever seen - he gets the crowd on their feet each time he gets the ball. He is lighting up every game he plays
And apparently this is not enough :shock:

Who said it wasn't enough?

If you read what I've posted I've said he had a good game but that some of his play showed why we've been able hold onto him despite him looking a class act at times.

I wonder how much some of you can actually read whilst maintaining a sense of perspective at times. Highlighting a passage of play where he didn't get everything right isn't being critical or pulling apart his performance, it's just pointing out a flaw/mistake which is why he's at this level.

It's typical HNAism. When we've won anything that isn't gushing praise is evil negativity.

intelligent commentary with some perspective isn't allowed.

Kebe had a superb game, but as you say, utterly fluffed two shots at least and put in a relatively weak cross.Leicester's indifference in tracking back may have helped Hunt be able to burst onto that ball unopposed and put it away. The ball was meant for Long and didn't have a hope of reaching him without a defender error. The speed of the break, plus Long's proximity meant the defender fluffed his clearance to Hunt, so the ball was good enough, but it wasn't good.

Anyone thinking that is an argument that Kebe didn't play extremely well is a bit weird in the head.

And there wouldn't be a lot of point in HNA if all anyone ever did when we won was gush enthusiastically about how brilliant we were.

I think the point is (and if you went to the game you would know) the emotion and passion were such that it seems very churlish to be so critical. That is all.

153 posts