Madejski Announcement

469 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Madejski Announcement

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2011 13:54

floyd__streete Fans chant 'SPEND SOME F*CKING MONEY' and within 48 hours we sign Southampton's third choice left back on a free.

DEMOCRACY WORKS.

Can't be worse than Marcus Williams. Can he? :shock:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Aug 2011 13:55

floyd__streete Fans chant 'SPEND SOME F*CKING MONEY' and within 48 hours we sign Southampton's third choice left back on a free.

DEMOCRACY WORKS.

Bet we didn't spend any money though.........

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Aug 2011 13:55

Upper West Ginger
Interviewer But it was quite a lot of money?

Sir John Madejski Well it’s not a lot. If you look at our wage bill, and I wish somebody would and see how it all computes then you'll realise that nobody is taking money out of the club. I have never taken money out of the club ... ever.

That is an interesting challenge he has laid down. I know we have some qualified accountants among the HNA massive, so how about one of you taking up his kind offer and taking a look at the latest wage bill (and the rest of the accounts) to see if it substantiates his statements.

I have looked at the accounts and can confirm that he takes (virtually) nothing out. A few hundred quid and that's about it, which is probably just an expense paid through the club that was deemed not RFC related.

We're hardly likely to get an opportunity to look at the wages in detail but ANYTHING he draws out, whether as salary, dividend, fees to a company in which he has an interest etc. etc. would have to be disclosed in the accounts.

Anyway, why would you disbelieve him?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 13:55

Avon Royal

DEMOCRACY WORKS.

Bet we didn't spend any money though.........

Yeah, he's playing for nothing out of the goodness of his harte.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Aug 2011 14:01

FiNeRaIn Wow, I was expecting a positive interview...this is FAR worse than could ever be imagined. We are absolutely doomed. We still have no money available for transfers despite 40 million worth of player sales in the last 3/4 seasons, Above 10 million ALONE this season..

OMFG this is unreal, absolutely unreal.

Did you not read the article? The figures for Long and Mills were exagerated by the media. When you take in to account agent fees etc.
We really only got 200 grand enough to buy a Southampton reserve player.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 14:10

Just to get it out there, I'm dreading the billionaire investor that everyone seems to feel is an inevitability.

I'm dreading the "we're going to walk the league" hypocrisy, the big wedge players with whom I have no empathy and the undoutbed shit we'll be in when the messianic high-roller gets bored.

I want success, but I accept that success is relative. Last season was hugely successful, a vast over-achievement on the mid-table finish we'd all resigned ourselves too in February. Alas. If we're to grace the Premier League again the patient approach that has seen us through before is required.

Money =/= success and we need to play the long game. Our time will come again, but the All this "where's the money gone?" rubbish and general discontent is misplaced. Look on the bright side, at least we're not Ipswich!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2011 14:13

Row Z Royal I'm dreading the "we're going to walk the league" hypocrisy, the big wedge players with whom I have no empathy and the undoutbed shit we'll be in when the messianic high-roller gets bored.

Like you can actually identify with the players now? :o

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Aug 2011 14:16

SouthDownsRoyal where is this ANNOUNCEMENT??????

i cant see it

:shock: SDR in insightful post shock!

This thread's a bit lame, to be honest. Too many AE heavy hitters coming in to suppress the uprising.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 14:17

Terminal Boardom
Row Z Royal I'm dreading the "we're going to walk the league" hypocrisy, the big wedge players with whom I have no empathy and the undoutbed shit we'll be in when the messianic high-roller gets bored.

Like you can actually identify with the players now? :o

I definitely can.

Just need my bit on Bryn to go on TTE for you to see that.

But also with Pearce, Church (believe it or not), Hunt, HRK, MacAnuff...I see their passion for the team. I even saw that from Mills the Elder.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2011 14:19

But, of course, as everyone keeps telling us, it's only early days into the new season - so Ipswich could, of course, end up winning the league.

I don't want a billionaire with no interest in Reading the town/city, no interest in football but who wants a play thing. I'm happy for JM to be our chairman for as long as possible, but I do want more transparency - I'd like to have a rough idea of why these black holes keep recurring, even when we've sold a player or players for millions - maybe if we all DID understand what was going on with regard to money coming in/going out/debts etc - we'd have more sympathy for JM, and we'd count ourselves we still have a football club. We have "cut our cloth" year on year and yet we still seem to have gaping holes where we should have some money.

That's why so many people question the "no money" argument, when in the last couple of years, we've had more money in with regard to player sales than we've ever had.

It's all very well sticking up for Mr Mad, but we need answers to some pretty straightforward questions, which he seems unable or unwilling to give. That's all.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Aug 2011 14:25

Arch
This thread's a bit lame, to be honest. Too many AE heavy hitters coming in to suppress the uprising.

But without such heavy hitters, Arch, WHERE ARE THE POSTS GOING TO COME FROM on a quiet August Monday?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Aug 2011 14:26

Bandini
Arch

But without such heavy hitters, Arch, WHERE ARE THE POSTS GOING TO COME FROM on a quiet August Monday?

To be honest I'm seriously disappointed in the pathetic turnout from the STG's on this. Bunch of plastics.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 14:28

Arch
Bandini
Arch

To be honest I'm seriously disappointed in the pathetic turnout from the STG's on this. Bunch of plastics.

They haven't really got anywhere to turn. They can't demand signings then complain about wasting money that we haven't got.

Or can they :?:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Aug 2011 14:31

Arch
Bandini
Arch

Even the biggest h8rs really don't want to nail their colours to friday fan's epic fail of a mast

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Aug 2011 14:38

I could never have imagined that friday fan would fall so hard on his own sword after some light questioning of his views. Nice to see that AE has waded in though.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Aug 2011 14:51

1) I don’t understand why we, Reading FC, seem to have a completely different business model and approach to every other team in the football league.

2) I don’t understand why all a shitsack Reading fan needs to do is find one example of investment-gone-wrong to smugly satisfy themselves that spending money on your team is an act of lunacy. “ooh, didn’t Ipswich spend money?! Look at them! Ha ha, everyone is a retard! Can anyone help me get this lego out of my arsehole?” Fvcking bumwit.

3) If JM could at least pretend to give a fvck, even if he glanced over the RFC Wikipedia page with his glass of Crystal in the morning, he might accidentally notice Matt Mills was sold to Leicester not a Premier League team, a fact which would not render his entire response regarding selling players the text equivalent of a man gleefully taking a shit out of his mouth.

4) I don’t understand a business model that spends the exact amount of transfer money received, before we’ve even fvcking received it, or even knew we were going to fvcking receive it.

5) I don’t understand how replacing a forward would mean the entire club falling into bankruptcy and the stadium being turned into a Pets At Home.

6) I don’t understand how a business model at the start of the season predicts exactly what players will be sold at the end of it, exactly how much they will be sold for, where we will finish in the FA Cup, and whether we will make it to the play-offs or not, in order for said business model to not leave a penny spare for strengthening the squad.

7) I don’t understand how his support in the past, justifies his lack of it now.

“That man is raping you!”
“Don’t worry about it, he actually saved me from a raping earlier today, so I’ll even squeal like a pig if it helps!”

It’s all madness. I remember the days I used to turn to the sports section of the newspaper rather than the Financial Times to read about Reading FC.

Will they be showing the highlights of Saturday’s game on Bloomberg?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Aug 2011 14:52

Do you mean Cristal?

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 22 Aug 2011 14:56

:lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Aug 2011 14:56

Looks like competition to fridays fan is hotting up.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 22 Aug 2011 14:58

Extended-Phenotype 7) I don’t understand how his support in the past, justifies his lack of it now.

“That man is raping you!”
“Don’t worry about it, he actually saved me from a raping earlier today, so I’ll even squeal like a pig if it helps!”

get.a.grip

469 posts