Re: Alex Pearce

by Mike Hunt » 04 Nov 2012 14:21

sandman Well that was easy.

:lol:

Cypry

by Cypry » 04 Nov 2012 14:25

Royal Lady Yes, like I said, same with Sidwell, Sig and Long? :roll:

Completely different I'm afraid - they all left in the Summer. I fear Pearce will probably be gone in January.....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Nov 2012 14:54

Sig went after the season had started and we still played him.

And I know Pearce might be gone in January - but looking at us in the last few games, we're crying out for Pearce and who knows what results might have been had we bothered to play him.

Cypry

by Cypry » 04 Nov 2012 15:02

Royal Lady Sig went after the season had started and we still played him.

And I know Pearce might be gone in January - but looking at us in the last few games, we're crying out for Pearce and who knows what results might have been had we bothered to play him.

But Sig and Long had both recently signed contracts, and could have stayed....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Nov 2012 15:03

No - we HAD to sell them both - they signed contracts so we could get more money for them. We knew they'd be off - it was just a matter of who was going to buy them and for how much.

I'm not arguing with you anymore, you clearly don't rate Pearce and I do. So we'll have to agree to differ.

Cypry

by Cypry » 04 Nov 2012 15:11

Royal Lady No - we HAD to sell them both - they signed contracts so we could get more money for them. We knew they'd be off - it was just a matter of who was going to buy them and for how much.

I'm not arguing with you anymore, you clearly don't rate Pearce and I do. So we'll have to agree to differ.

Wrong.

I do rate Pearce, voted for him as PotS last year, but I don't see the point in playing him in a partnership if there's a high likelihood that partnership will be broken up in 8 or 9 games time...

What gets my goat about this, is that in the case of both Pearce and Guthrie, so many people seem so eager to attack the club, when there are quite clearly two sides to the story in both cases...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2012 15:38

Royal Lady
Ian Royal No idea. I'm baffled.

I just never subscribe to conspiracy what I can put down to stupidity / incompetence unless there's actually some evidence for the conspiracy. And McDermott's the one with the track record, qualifications and who sees them all every day. Maybe he just knows better than most of us and Pearce shouldn't be playing.

blueroyals
McD was on saying that Pearce was dropped for Morrison because Pearce rejected a new contract and Morrison didn't. Dellor 'did his nuts' at the thought of Pearce rejecting a contract and Ady had a dig at the club saying that they don't value their players.

Dreadful management.

Again, I'll want more than a quote from a random HNA spod who may have interpreted something from nothing before I believe it.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Nov 2012 16:04

did think Morrison did quite well today but Gorkss besides the goal looked a bit all over the place

whether Pearce is signing a new contract or not, McD is a fool for not playing his best team

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Nov 2012 16:06

This is fairly obviously what we've been missing:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Nov 2012 16:07

A greedy Centre Back?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Nov 2012 16:10

Greed is right, greed works.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Nov 2012 16:11

Simon's Church This is fairly obviously what we've been missing:

#sigh

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2012 16:21

When the hell did Alex Pearce become a God-like player who can change around a club's premier league fortunes?? :shock: :shock:

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 04 Nov 2012 16:26

Simon's Church Heard he wants us to match the offer Liverpool will make him. £50k a week.

LOL. Do Liverpool really want him? Good luck to him.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 04 Nov 2012 16:47

Ups and Downs
Simon's Church Heard he wants us to match the offer Liverpool will make him. £50k a week.

LOL. Do Liverpool really want him? Good luck to him.

Rodgers made him club captain when he was in charge here, despite him being 20. There's obviously something going on there!
Pearce has always been a club man, never (publicly) whinging about not being selected. One of the managers i played under said if you get one bad apple, some of the others can go bad (ok, not the first to make that quote). Maybe Pearce has been 'infected' by one of the new arrivals (?Guthrie), 'cos he never struck me as egotistic before. Come on Alex, stop being a nob, sign a contract and get your ass back in the side, because the two guys below you in the pecking order are doing alright and you might find yourself 4th choice anyway!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2012 16:51

John Madejski's Wallet When the hell did Alex Pearce become a God-like player who can change around a club's premier league fortunes?? :shock: :shock:

Well conceeding is our problem and Pearce was our best defender last season, he also played very well in his games so far this season. So given Gorkss was the poor performing player not Pearce, it's no surprise that people think things might improve with him in.

TBH we're bollocksed anyway, we played alright today against a poor poor QPR team and we still couldn't hold a lead. I wish we'd stop taking the lead in the first half. I'd be much happier seeing us fight out 0-0 to HT and then have to go for it in the second half. We're woefully unpreppared mentally and in playing quality to try and hold a lead for long in the PL.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 04 Nov 2012 16:54

We haven't got enough strength in depth for disputes to come before team selection.

Play the best 11 and sort the rest of the Sh!t out off the field.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Nov 2012 17:02

leicsRoyal We haven't got enough strength in depth for disputes to come before team selection.

Exactly this!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2012 17:05

Ian Royal
John Madejski's Wallet When the hell did Alex Pearce become a God-like player who can change around a club's premier league fortunes?? :shock: :shock:

Well conceeding is our problem and Pearce was our best defender last season, he also played very well in his games so far this season. So given Gorkss was the poor performing player not Pearce, it's no surprise that people think things might improve with him in..

But iirc Pearce has been utter gash whenever he's played on the left side of CB, so unless Mariappa/Morrison can play there i'd simply have left it with Gorkss n Pearce.
Some CBs can be as one-sided as full-backs

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Nov 2012 17:11

RoyalBlue
leicsRoyal We haven't got enough strength in depth for disputes to come before team selection.

Exactly this!

So pearce and mariappa

769 posts