Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

464 posts
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

by ManchesterRoyals » 12 Dec 2012 00:57

SpaceCruiser
ManchesterRoyals
SpaceCruiser Right, so many rumours and conjecture.

I know somebody has said something about an interview on the radio confirming such and such, but can somebody post up a summary that bullet-points the facts, backed up with links that we can click on to follow up and confirm those so-called rumours? Because I haven't really seen anything concrete to suggest that there is a changing room unrest.

On the interview BM said Guthrie was not up to travelling read it as u like

Despite your awful command of English, I'll respond. Can you provide a link, like I asked?!? :roll:

Oh and remember, I'm deaf, I can't listen to radio interviews.

I will look and find :lol:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 12 Dec 2012 01:01

SpaceCruiser
ManchesterRoyals

I know somebody has said something about an interview on the radio confirming such and such, but can somebody post up a summary that bullet-points the facts, backed up with links that we can click on to follow up and confirm those so-called rumours? Because I haven't really seen anything concrete to suggest that there is a changing room unrest.

Despite your awful command of English, I'll respond. Can you provide a link, like I asked?!? :roll:

No it's just nobody listens to you

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Dec 2012 01:01

I await with pleasure.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 12 Dec 2012 01:01

SpaceCruiser
ManchesterRoyals

Well ur Fuxcked but here u go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwSviGhO6Q

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 Dec 2012 01:09

I feel sorry for doubting McDermott on Guthrie to be honest. It did seem overly loyal to tabb to not pick Guthrie but I think its clear now that Guthrie isnt right for this club.

It's sickening really given how much we all pay for tickets. Id kill to sit on a "cold bench" for the royals!

I'm more upset about the Pearce contract. It's like when sonko refused to play and shorey wanted to leave. We are little old Reading and any premierleague time we get is ruined by agents and players egos.

I'd hate us to sack McDermott and sign a team of Guthries. Sadly looks like I'm in a minority.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Dec 2012 01:14

ManchesterRoyals Well ur Fuxcked but here u go

Have you tried turning off the speakers and putting on the automatic captions? That was incomprehensible. There was a mention of Guthrie around the 7 minute mark though.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 12 Dec 2012 01:20

SpaceCruiser
ManchesterRoyals Well ur Fuxcked but here u go

Have you tried turning off the speakers and putting on the automatic captions? That was incomprehensible. There was a mention of Guthrie around the 7 minute mark though.

Sorry im wreaked

larry1971

by larry1971 » 12 Dec 2012 06:45

when we are struggling for results the last thing we need is a player causing unrest in the dressing room Guthrie by refussing to travel and effectivly reffussing to play is in breach of contract , he has shown utter contempt towards those fans who did travell up to Sunderland and IMO should be sold ASAP.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 12 Dec 2012 06:45

If I was being told Tabb and Legs were starting ahead of me I wouldn't have travelled either! They are woeful and Guthrie is decent. I think, and this is just a guess, that McD is bumming little Jay Tabb whilst he watches Lwood bang his missus. It can't be footballing reasons after all.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Dec 2012 07:12

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Dec 2012 07:20

What a surprise. Reading & McDermott quick to release this story to deviate the news away from McDermott and his position at the club. Has anyone stopped to think that the way Guthrie has been treated by McDermott is to blame? But no, air your dirty laundry in public. Fool.

Everyone jumping on the Guthrie hate bandwagon, but you've only heard one side to the story.

Fact of the matter is McDermott Shouldnt be at the club in the first place to be creating this drama. Poor management style to release this to the press from an awfully poor manager.

McDermott out.

Delboy

by Delboy » 12 Dec 2012 07:24

Kick Guthrie out , he is a bad apple and should never play for Reading again. We are in the s..t and he refuses to travel !,! Being paid £20 k+ a week, what about the 200 fans who paid to go Sunderland is it fair on them. Reading is about team spirit the club have made a mistake with this misfit!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 Dec 2012 07:31

It turns out Guthrie was the lobster thermidore throwing prat everyone was worried he was but was hoping he was not...

He shouldn't be played and come January he should be moved to whomever will take him. His behavior has been completely unprofessional and unacceptable. He has disrespected his teammates, the coaching staff, the entire club and the fans...he needs to go and we need to replace him with someone who actually wants to wear the shirt.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 12 Dec 2012 07:44

so he threw a sickie?

or do we deduct wages for him for him not doing what he is presumably contracted to do ... play football

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Dec 2012 07:45

Big difference between throwing a sickie and telling your boss to his face you're going to throw a sickie.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Dec 2012 07:50

Guthrie is wrong to do this. Even if he disagrees with the manager vehemently he should never refuse to be involved on a match day. Chances are, if he had travelled, though that BM would have put him on the bench again and not used him as "he's not fit", but that's not the point - the only way to show a manager he's wrong is on the pitch and by playing along with his decisions.

All in all though, we shouldn't let this deflect from the total crap that is being served up game after game by those that do get to play.....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2012 08:11

I really can't condone Guthries actions, and I think it will be very hard for him to be accepted back by the players (unless enough of the feel similarly frustrated) let alone by McDermott.

However, I do share the view that the situation arising is just as much McDermott's fault as it is Guthrie's. He signed the player and has managed him and so takes portion of the blame unfortunately.

Despite that I'm of the view that unless McDermott is off in the very near future then we should be looking for a way of getting him out of the club as soon as possible. Do remember though that this is a player that just 2 or 3 days before the manager said wasn't fit enough for 10-15 minutes off the bench having trained and been available for however many days. I can understand how he could feel 'in the wrong place mentally' to give his all for the team and if that's the case then perhaps he was better off not travelling and being a distraction or negative influence on the squad.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Dec 2012 08:13

McDermott's handling of the Guthrie situation has been extremely poor, culminating in him seemingly using criticism of Guthrie last night to deflect attention away from the team and his own failings. Yes, Guthrie's reaction was wrong but it is all damn convenient for McDermott to claim after the event that 'he would definitely have been involved in the game tonight'. Had Guthrie actually been told that before the game? If so, his reaction seems even more strange. Or had he been told that he would be on the bench but probably get brought on at some point? In which case his reaction becomes more understandable given the failings of the midfield v Saints. Or had he been told nothing at all? In which case poor man management by McDermott and whilst Guthrie's reaction was still stupid it becomes very understable.

McDermott chose to use valuable funds on signing Guthrie and the onus is on him to be able to manage him properly and get return on that investment.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Dec 2012 08:15

Hoop Blah Despite that I'm of the view that unless McDermott is off in the very near future then we should be looking for a way of getting him out of the club as soon as possible. Do remember though that this is a player that just 2 or 3 days before the manager said wasn't fit enough for 10-15 minutes off the bench having trained and been available for however many days..

I do remember very well and once again ask what the f8Ck McDermott was doing putting him on the bench (rather than someone who was fit) if that was the case. Another completely illogical statement or act by McDermott.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Dec 2012 08:30

I'd rather have 11 Jay Tabb's (ok maybe I wouldn't play him in goal) than play the likes of Danny Guthrie. Federici has been accused and heavily criticised by members of this site, with little or no proof, of refusing to be on the bench and acting out of turn yet ironically many of those same people who criticised Feds are now defending Guthrie's behavior. How anyone can back Guthrie over Brian McDermott is beyond me.

464 posts