185 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Daniel Carrico

by Ark Royal » 04 Mar 2013 14:49

TommyF
If you still hate Futcher ^^^ :?: :?: :shock: :shock:
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up with a whoosh but WTF are you talking about?

If you're actually serious then you might be thinking of the time he couldn't get in the side because of a minor broken leg thanks to some b'stard at Sarfend

By the time he broke his leg he was so established that I think it was probably still a difficult decision to keep him out of the team rather than let him hop down the left.

I'm talking his first couple of seasons - so about 83/84 84/85?? (one year later?) Seem to remember him getting just a handful of starts but a few more sub appearances.

Unfortunately hobnob reports don't go that far back, and I wasn't very old. Most my analysis is because I particularly remember him having a great season and remember him being a bit part player the season before. I was going through puberty at the time though so I could be completely and utterly mistaken and maybe he'd been great since he joined and I'm completely wrong (and to be fair, I only went to watch Trevor Senior - god!).

Anyone know of reports or stats going that far back?? I need to know I'm not completely mad

Gilkesy made his debut as a sub in the 1-5 defeat at Lincoln on 27th October 1984. He went on to make 16 league appearances that season, mostly as sub. In the championship-winning season of 85/86 he only made nine appearances and only seven in 86/87. He became a regular in 87/88 (39 appearances), was an ever-present in 88/89 (46 appearances), 89/90 (42 appearances). He had made 21 appearances in 90/91 when he broke his leg during the 2-1 win at Southend on 19th February 1991.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2013 14:52

John Peel We bought Murts as a winger from York. When he finally stopped being injured we put him in defence.

Do you mean that when we bought him he was playing as a winger? He played a lot as wingback at the time from what I remember, so it was a bit difficult to nail him down back then.

Burns played Murty as both a winger (he and McKeever looked an awesome pair of wingers at Luton until Murty got crocked) and a full back (he often played as right back behind Andy Gurney on the wing) so I don't think you can be that definite in what he was bought as.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 04 Mar 2013 14:54

Got all excited there. Thought someone had sported Carrico. Maybe someone should check Nando's next time after training? Maybe he is partial to a bit of home cooked grub?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2013 15:13

As I said at the time, signing someone from Portugal was always going to be more of a gamble than most and his lack of football could well have been down to more than just his contract issue. Just because he'd played age group football for Portugal and captained his club side was never something to get too excited about and there were always going to be reasons why his apparent value had nosedived to the extent that he was yet another 'cheap gamble' for us.

It looks like that might be the case, but, like at the time of his signing, I'm hoping that long term this one works out because he sounds like the kind of player who could be very good for us.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 04 Mar 2013 16:48

Hoop Blah I told you so

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Mar 2013 16:56

The Prisoner
Hoop Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah I told you so

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 04 Mar 2013 17:03

We need a few more leaders on the pitch though and I think thats the big difference between this time and last time round.

06/07 team
Murty
Iver
Sidwell
Little
USA
Bryn
Harps

This year
Jobi (supposedly)
Pearce (regular)
Legs (regular)
Carrico? (barely features)
Gorkks (left)
Bryn (barely features)

Anyone else who I am missing?

I feel we do not have as many leaders this time around in my eyes although I could be wrong. (In the usual starting 11 that is).

Whilst some of the 06/07 might of not had some vocally loud players you had experienced level headed players such as Little who was always as cool as a cucumber. I think we maybe need a couple more like that in this current team.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2013 20:45

maffff
The Prisoner
Hoop Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah I told you so

Sometimes a good point needs more than 140 character to get across, but thanks for pointing out the relevance of the user name for me....

Anyway, at the time a lot of people poo-poo'd the idea that Carrico might not be our saviour because he'd once been valued in the media at £'millions, attracted some big clubs and was captain at a foreign club most people have heard of before. I can't help it if my realism is often proved right even in the face of such blind optimism!

But yes, essentially, I told you so!

_royal

by _royal » 04 Mar 2013 21:21

If Kelly hangs around I think he will be our next captain

Divvy

by Divvy » 04 Mar 2013 21:22

_royal If Kelly hangs around I think he will be our next captain

I'd be more than happy with that, but I can't see Brian going against his favourite son. Kelly or Mariappa for me.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 04 Mar 2013 21:30

Commenting on previous posts.

Mexico is in N America not S America. It isn't even as far south as Central America.

Apostrophe misuse is a crime. Simple as that really. It ranks alongside using 'would of' ' could of' or ' should of' as a solid indicator of stupidity.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 04 Mar 2013 21:48

Big Ern I see you are as dedicated as ever to looking for my posts, as well as those from certain others, to try and show the Hob Nob Massive how clever and cutting you are. You must be really proud of yourself and i congratulate you on all your correct assumptions, but just for you info, we do have TV's in Mexico and there are sport channels, oh and Mexico is North America Mr Brain Box, not South America.

You really do strike me as the sort of person who was bullied at school and now trying to get their own back 'Cyber Style.' Sad, but if it helps you , great keep it up. There is an option to ignore my posts if you want....Then again who would you use to show off to your Online audience what a HNA celebrity you are.

Hugs and Kisses...and as always, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Usual old shite Ern. Didn't know you were in Mexico m8. Just knew you were somewhere across the pond. Not really that bothered tbh. Lolz at the little dig tho. Hurt a lot. Wish I had m8's on Facebook.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 04 Mar 2013 21:51

West Stand Man Commenting on previous posts.

Mexico is in N America not S America. It isn't even as far south as Central America.

If you're addressing me, you anally retentive twat.. then see above. ^ That's up there.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 04 Mar 2013 22:11

Para Handy
West Stand Man Commenting on previous posts.

If you're addressing me, you anally retentive twat.. then see above. ^ That's up there.

Ooh, I am so hurt.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Mar 2013 22:15

I quite like Para Handy, but he does seem to be the common denomin8er in much of the e-beef on here.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 04 Mar 2013 23:20

southbank1871 I quite like Para Handy, but he does seem to be the common denomin8er in much of the e-beef on here.

Cheers bro. I'm almost moved to tears. To think I used to consider you a bit of a mincer. Trust me it's difficult keeping up the arsy persona. Still, I think I'm doing OK.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 08 Mar 2013 20:47

Ok which bright spark from on here edited the wiki posting on Carrico??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carri%C3%A7o

and in case it gets edited again, it says:

Daniel Filipe Martins Carriço (born 4 August 1988) is a Portuguese professional footballer who, it is rumoured plays for Reading in England, mainly as a central defender.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 09 Mar 2013 00:06

Unless they went to the WBA game, for most folks he is only a rumour

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Mar 2013 00:44

Para Handy
Big Ern I see you are as dedicated as ever to looking for my posts, as well as those from certain others, to try and show the Hob Nob Massive how clever and cutting you are. You must be really proud of yourself and i congratulate you on all your correct assumptions, but just for you info, we do have TV's in Mexico and there are sport channels, oh and Mexico is North America Mr Brain Box, not South America.

You really do strike me as the sort of person who was bullied at school and now trying to get their own back 'Cyber Style.' Sad, but if it helps you , great keep it up. There is an option to ignore my posts if you want....Then again who would you use to show off to your Online audience what a HNA celebrity you are.

Hugs and Kisses...and as always, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Usual old shite Ern. Didn't know you were in Mexico m8. Just knew you were somewhere across the pond. Not really that bothered tbh. Lolz at the little dig tho. Hurt a lot. Wish I had m8's on Facebook.

Thats lovely Para, Thank you for your contribution as always. Nice to see you can still take out all of lifes frustrations on the internet. You are a special guy.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Mar 2013 01:07

May as well throw him in against Utd. We are getting raped either way!

185 posts