CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

370 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Player flew in yesterday from Germany

by SPARTA » 25 Jun 2013 14:49

St. Brynjar Disappointed if we get a centre mid. We have plenty of those. Striker, attacking midfielder or maybe centre back are the only places we need to strengthen.

We might have plenty now but we wont come the start of the season. At least one is off as it stands, and probably another if someone comes in as well.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 25 Jun 2013 14:55

I'm all for getting another central midfielder if they improve on the players we currently have.

If we can strengthen in all areas then why not.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jun 2013 14:57

LightwaterRoyal Im sure these guys would be great players and possibly a step up from what we already have but do we really need them?

Yeh, what's the point in bringing in players that are better than what we've got?

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 25 Jun 2013 15:10

Pepe the Horseman
LightwaterRoyal Im sure these guys would be great players and possibly a step up from what we already have but do we really need them?

Yeh, what's the point in bringing in players that are better than what we've got?

:lol:

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 25 Jun 2013 15:11

Weis would make an interesting signing.. Agreed - I too am all for strengthening all positions - if we can do it, why not!!

..Though he does have terrible hair.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 25 Jun 2013 15:12

Maybe Nigel thinks that he needs another midfielder who might be able to pass the ball and be defensively minded. Ledge surely will go, Carrico has the fitness of someone from Dad's Army and the jury is out as whether he can actually pass. That leaves Guthrie. I think we need a central midfielder, don't you?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 15:13

Meant more in the sense that we have other positions that are more of a priority.

Centre Back, Attacking Midfielder, Striker.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jun 2013 15:14

LightwaterRoyal Meant more in the sense that we have other positions that are more of a priority.

We need a centre back?

Gorkss, Pearce, Morrison, Marriappa?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Jun 2013 15:14

LightwaterRoyal Meant more in the sense that we have other positions that are more of a priority.

You think we have too many quality central midfielders but not enough decent CB's? :lol:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Jun 2013 15:14

Rollerbob Weis would make an interesting signing.. Agreed - I too am all for strengthening all positions - if we can do it, why not!!

..Though he does have terrible hair.

In for the comedy hairstyle and rat-like teeth.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 25 Jun 2013 15:15

W&E Royal Maybe Nigel thinks that he needs another midfielder who might be able to pass the ball and be defensively minded. Ledge surely will go, Carrico has the fitness of someone from Dad's Army and the jury is out as whether he can actually pass. That leaves Guthrie. I think we need a central midfielder, don't you?

Guthrie, Akpan, Karacan, all capable of passing and defending. That's excluding the excellent Championship midfielder Leigertwood and the possibly very good Carrico. Unless we begin offloading, we really don't need any more central midfielders.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 15:15

As the Championship season draws closer, owner Anton Zingarevich is aiming for the strongest possible squad.

With Royson Drenthe and Wayne Bridge having already agreed moves to Madejski Stadium, the Royals' summer rebuilding programme is well underway.

Anton said, "From day one that Nigel and I spoke, our view has been the same in terms of the football we want to play and the players that needed to come in.

"What we'd like to achieve is to have a stronger team in the Championship than we had in the Premier League.

"The recruitment department has put a lot of work into it, as I've said before they scouted more than 900 games this season.

"We've done a lot of preparation so hopefully for the first game we will already have a group that will be a strong contender."

Dont the club usually do something like this before announcing a signing?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Jun 2013 15:16

St. Brynjar
W&E Royal Maybe Nigel thinks that he needs another midfielder who might be able to pass the ball and be defensively minded. Ledge surely will go, Carrico has the fitness of someone from Dad's Army and the jury is out as whether he can actually pass. That leaves Guthrie. I think we need a central midfielder, don't you?

Guthrie, Akpan, Karacan, all capable of passing and defending. That's excluding the excellent Championship midfielder Leigertwood and the possibly very good Carrico. Unless we begin offloading, we really don't need any more central midfielders.

Disagree, we need a presence in midfield capable of playing football. Our own Morgan Schneiderlin. Essential in games where a Karacan/Guthrie combo will get bullied.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 15:18

LightwaterRoyal As the Championship season draws closer, owner Anton Zingarevich is aiming for the strongest possible squad.

With Royson Drenthe and Wayne Bridge having already agreed moves to Madejski Stadium, the Royals' summer rebuilding programme is well underway.

Anton said, "From day one that Nigel and I spoke, our view has been the same in terms of the football we want to play and the players that needed to come in.

"What we'd like to achieve is to have a stronger team in the Championship than we had in the Premier League.

"The recruitment department has put a lot of work into it, as I've said before they scouted more than 900 games this season.

"We've done a lot of preparation so hopefully for the first game we will already have a group that will be a strong contender."

Yes, usually. I would not be surprised if we heard something in the next 24 hours.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Jun 2013 15:19

winchester_royal
St. Brynjar

Disagree, we need a presence in midfield capable of playing football. Our own Morgan Schneiderlin. Essential in games where a Karacan/Guthrie combo will get bullied.

Agreed - the question is whether our existing players have the capability to play the kind of football Adkins wants to play; if he signs another CM it would suggest he doesn't think Akpan/Legs are up to it ...

johnnym

by johnnym » 25 Jun 2013 15:20

LightwaterRoyal As the Championship season draws closer, owner Anton Zingarevich is aiming for the strongest possible squad.

ahhhh, you can oxf*rd right off 'we'll go with what we've got'. am i not pleased to see the back of that phrase. thank you Anton xx

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 25 Jun 2013 15:21

It's refreshing to hear an owner that has a vision for the club and a positive attitude to getting there ...makes a change from hearing those now weatherbeaten quoted words ; .cut....coat .....cloth
Last edited by DOYLERSAROYALER on 25 Jun 2013 15:24, edited 2 times in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jun 2013 15:23

tbf before running out of money that did used to be Sir John

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 25 Jun 2013 15:24

St. Brynjar

Ok I fogot about Akpan. Carrico will probably go, as will Ledge so we will need one more. Plus we might not have conceded as many goals last season if we had a decent defensive midfielder.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Jun 2013 15:26

Maybe we're thinking like Spain and that signing players of 5ft 7in would mean they are better at football than a big lump......

370 posts