Blackpool home match thread sponsored by Paul Ince sacked

198 posts
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blackpool home match thread sponsored by Paul Ince sacke

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Jan 2014 22:12

Good show.

Consistent team selection. Pressing hard all over the pitch. Getting forward quickly. Madejski as our figurehead. No signings in January.

It's the Reading way, and it fùcking works.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jan 2014 22:15

Happy with what we've got now. I feel better about this crap January window then i usually do.

I must say, if you look at the pictures on facebook/twitter, there's a camaraderie again within the team. That's always been our strength and it's nice to see.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Jan 2014 22:16

Just looked up game 28 in 2011/12 and amazingly we are one place better off and just a point worse off this season. Then we were 7th with 45.

However, I just cannot see us matching the 14 wins 2 draws 2 defeats for 44 points in the last 18 that year.

I think that just illustrates what an amazing achievement it was that season.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jan 2014 22:18

We rode our luck harder then a passed out hooker.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Jan 2014 22:18

Royal Ginger
TBM That's ALF off by Friday then

Christ, could you imagine what that would be like after consecutive hat-tricks. Anything other than Gylfi the other way would start a middle class riot.

No, there's enough apologists and mongs around inexplicably keeping their disgraced usernames who will somehow find a way to defend the club.

It's a real worry and I hope he doesn't go.

So glad Sharp has gone and Alfie has confidence again.

Also quite proud that my typical "sticking out my neck" question at the height of everyone wanting Sharp instead of Alfie proved to be spot on 8)

Alfie + Pog = killer combination at the moment. Blackman's ok but we do need another striker.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 28 Jan 2014 22:21

Nice one again, we always had goals in us now we are showing it, do agree that there seems a much better togetherness with starting line up at the moment, pleased that Drenthe didnt get on, hopefully the expensive and not too outstanding "star" will be away before 11 pm on Friday, also, even though I rate him as a decent player at this level, Guthrie looks to be a luxury as well.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jan 2014 22:23

Whilst i stood by Pog i must admit to having lost faith in Alfie.

Totally sold on him now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jan 2014 22:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Royal Ginger
TBM That's ALF off by Friday then

Christ, could you imagine what that would be like after consecutive hat-tricks. Anything other than Gylfi the other way would start a middle class riot.

No, there's enough apologists and mongs around inexplicably keeping their disgraced usernames who will somehow find a way to defend the club.

It's a real worry and I hope he doesn't go.

So glad Sharp has gone and Alfie has confidence again.

Also quite proud that my typical "sticking out my neck" question at the height of everyone wanting Sharp instead of Alfie proved to be spot on 8)

Alfie + Pog = killer combination at the moment. Blackman's ok but we do need another striker.

What if, unlikely though it may be, alf doesn't score or assist a single more goal this season? Then I am sure we would be wishing someone was stupid enough to bid big for him in a premier league, we need goals panic.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2014 22:27

NewCorkSeth What if, unlikely though it may be, alf doesn't score or assist a single more goal this season? Then I am sure we would be wishing someone was stupid enough to bid big for him in a premier league, we need goals panic.

Let's sell our performing players because they might end up actually being shit in the future, that's a good transfer policy.

:|

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Jan 2014 22:28

Pog + Alf are the new Curo + Butler. The perfect partnership we need to build our team behind.

Obita has been immense considering his inexperience at LB. Akpan too has proved many doubters wrong.

As for Drenthe and Guthrie... Well it just proves that work ethic + a team centric attitude >>>> Flashy individualism

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jan 2014 22:31

genome
NewCorkSeth What if, unlikely though it may be, alf doesn't score or assist a single more goal this season? Then I am sure we would be wishing someone was stupid enough to bid big for him in a premier league, we need goals panic.

Let's sell our performing players because they might end up actually being shit in the future, that's a good transfer policy.

:|

Sigh.. I know I didnt make it clear but I dont want us to sell alfie.. iwas just putting forward an unlikely event in which selling him would be great business

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2014 22:33

Yeah but who thinks like that?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jan 2014 22:38

genome Yeah but who thinks like that?

Sensible buisiness men? "Lets sell this overvalued item while the markets are high and buyers are desperate" I mean from a strictly buisiness veiw its unlikely his value will ever be higher. Just to be clear I dont want to sell him. long time admirer, part time lover. Obviously it woul hurt the club to only have 2 senior strikers but they could try to push ugwu and dom up as cover..

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 28 Jan 2014 22:41

Why not us?

URZ!!!!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Jan 2014 22:43

Value of promotion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Value of Alf

I'd suggest even the accountants might suggest that the ROI of an Alf on form is just too big to sell off for liquid capital we ain't gonna invest.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2014 22:44

I get what you mean, I just don't think it's a good idea to cash in on him on the basis that he might stop performing... I don't think that's sensible and I don't think there's any chance RFC would see it like that. Also, I believe his market value would have been higher at this time last year.

JIM

by JIM » 28 Jan 2014 22:47

Just for once board members listen to the man in the street, and not your bank account KEEP ALF.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 28 Jan 2014 22:54

No Fixed Abode 19 points off the top, 11 points off 2nd place (could be 14 points if QPR win game in hand).

Start of the season you wouldn't have been happy with that.

RattLOLed much? :lol:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Jan 2014 22:56

Good result but I really think that everyone, and mainly Royal Ginger, should calm the fcuck down.

This is typical of modern day football fans, pissing themselves when we win and shitting themselves when we lose.

Calm down.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Jan 2014 22:59

Strange to say, but I'd have been inclined to give Pog MoMm for last two home games. He's absolutely bossing things and is my POTY so far

198 posts