BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by bobby1413 » 03 Mar 2015 10:16

melonhead
leon
melonhead Surprisingly decent response to the stewards vs oaf debacle On the os. Imo

if you like that sort of thing

don't get me wrong
its only decent if you expected nothing, or bland support of the stewards and something about swearing and standing being bad.
for them to come out and be even mildly positive about the oafG8 situation at all is a pleasant surprise
imo

I can't see how anyone can fault the response.

I fully expected some shit about "Swearing and abusive language isn't tolerated, the rules are clear, we're a family club, etc..."

EDIT: Note that you've read it now! :P

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Mar 2015 10:59

Fan who got kicked out has received letter. He is apparently banned from all home and away games :shock:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 11:13

good. bloody oaf.

how dare he try and make some noise
I go to the football to think and reflect on my week, not to bask in a glorious and loud atmosphere

download

by download » 03 Mar 2015 11:32

bobby1413 Fan who got kicked out has received letter. He is apparently banned from all home and away games :shock:

From what I understand its a ban and a request for a meeting. Sounds odd to me. Wouldn't it make more sense for RFC to ask for a meeting first and then decide on a ban if the people involved start being unreasonable.

As it stands, seems to me, If we loose on Saturday, Tuesday's (10th March) game is going to get a bit fraught for everyone involved.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Mar 2015 11:39

bobby1413 Fan who got kicked out has received letter. He is apparently banned from all home and away games :shock:

Really.What is your source?

download

by download » 03 Mar 2015 11:43

tee peg

Really.What is your source?

Lee Tyrer has it posted on Facebook.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Mar 2015 11:45

Thanks.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Mar 2015 11:51

It's a bit disappointing to hear that he's received this letter considering the statement from the club.

I think it's probably a case that someone has gone and sent this out (the guy in charge of security, or the firm itself) and then the club have issued this statement without full knowledge?

download

by download » 03 Mar 2015 11:58

It think it sounds like someone has fouled up here.

The sensible course would have been a meeting where both sides aired their views and a compromise reached. Perhaps a temporary move into another section so the person who raised the original complaint on Saturday is placated. Perhaps an agreement that any re-occurrence will result in a ban and an agreement by the club to be more forceful in the treatment of opposition fans.

Perhaps a nice photo of the parties shaking hands outside the Mad Stad saying its all been a mis understanding.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Mar 2015 12:02

STAR have promised to make a statement but are no doubt hoping that it will blow over.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Mar 2015 12:36

Perhaps the club are saying there is room for someone to take a role like that fan did so long as it's with the backing of the club and done in a safe manner.

Perhaps also the club may back down on the ban after "the meeting". However they may depend on how extreme the foul and abusive language was.

Mind you, if TV is anything to go by, then the number of people that complain over hearing one naughty word over and above any sex and violence being shown can be quite amazing.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Mar 2015 13:13

I wonder who complained , if anyone in fact did?

wiggso

by wiggso » 03 Mar 2015 13:39

tee peg I wonder who complained , if anyone in fact did?

I complained...I wasn't actually there but I read about it in the Telegraph and complained after that

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 14:33

download

From what I understand its a ban and a request for a meeting. Sounds odd to me. Wouldn't it make more sense for RFC to ask for a meeting first and then decide on a ban if the people involved start being unreasonable.

As it stands, seems to me, If we loose on Saturday, Tuesday's (10th March) game is going to get a bit fraught for everyone involved.

they cannot and will not condone swearing, or persistent standing when a complaint has been made. much like they can hardly back down and make their idiot stewards look (more)like idiots

its pretty standard, and the bloke should take his medicine, and then rejoice when he is moved to a section containing more likeminded individuals

imo
Last edited by melonhead on 03 Mar 2015 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 14:34

bobby1413 It's a bit disappointing to hear that he's received this letter considering the statement from the club.

I think it's probably a case that someone has gone and sent this out (the guy in charge of security, or the firm itself) and then the club have issued this statement without full knowledge?

I don't think the letter contradicts the statement at all.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 14:34

Sutekh Perhaps the club are saying there is room for someone to take a role like that fan did so long as it's with the backing of the club and done in a safe manner.

Perhaps also the club may back down on the ban after "the meeting". However they may depend on how extreme the foul and abusive language was.

Mind you, if TV is anything to go by, then the number of people that complain over hearing one naughty word over and above any sex and violence being shown can be quite amazing.

this^^^

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 14:37

tee peg I wonder who complained , if anyone in fact did?

the people behind/close to him complained
stewards came and asked politely for him to try and stop swearing, standing, and standing on the stairs.
he refused, probably rudely
the stewards retreated and called in the tangos
the tangos went up and asked him the same, he refused again
then both parties engaged in a massively embarrassing and silly set to, which resulted in a tactical retreat under crowd pressure, but ultimately ejection for the oaf at half time when he was ambushed by tangos and the coppers who were called on for assistance

but someone defo complained

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Mar 2015 14:43

Too right. This is football - sit down and shut the fcuk up.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Mar 2015 14:44

melonhead
bobby1413 It's a bit disappointing to hear that he's received this letter considering the statement from the club.

I don't think the letter contradicts the statement at all.

RFC As a club, it is always heartening to see any supporter try to inspire the players and other fans by creating an atmosphere inside Madejski Stadium. We all want the same thing: supporters channelling their passion to help the team.

During the first half on Saturday, two supporters were asked to leave after a complaint was made regarding foul and abusive language, and the club are looking into those events by speaking to the fans in question and reviewing the actions of all involved. When a complaint of this nature is received, the club is faced with a difficult balancing act - we want the best possible atmosphere but of course we also have to protect fans of all ages, protect our staff and adhere to the national regulations for football grounds.

The club's belief is that some of those regulations are outdated, for example we are advocates of controlled safe standing areas, we have lobbied to have football alcohol restrictions relaxed and are looking at ways to amplify and enhance our fans’ efforts to create atmosphere at Madejski Stadium.

But regardless of Saturday’s events and regardless of the regulations, what Saturday shows us is that when our fans make noise, others around them want to join in. So if you like the Blue Army chant during the first half as much as we did, let’s hear it again, and more.

We cannot stress enough how much we want Madejski Stadium to be bouncing, lively and a great place to watch football – can our fans make it happen against Bolton, Bradford and Brighton? Saturday could be the start of something.
Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 7XIIkyQ.99

The meaning is clearly contradicted by the letter.

How can they possibly say all that and then ban the fan involved, even if they have invited them in for a meeting.

I can understand the meeting thing, or discussing it as they've referred to in the statement

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Mar 2015 14:51

The meaning is clearly contradicted by the letter.

no. it is not.

the club are looking into those events by speaking to the fans in question and reviewing the actions of all involved.
refers to the proposed meeting

looking at ways to amplify and enhance our fans’ efforts to create atmosphere at Madejski Stadium.
which do not, and will never include swearing in front of people who don't like it, standing in front of people who don't want you to, or standing on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

So if you like the Blue Army chant during the first half as much as we did, let’s hear it again, and more.

We cannot stress enough how much we want Madejski Stadium to be bouncing, lively and a great place to watch football
which does not, and will never include saying its ok to swear in fr4ont of people who don't like it, stand in front of people who don't want you to, or stand on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

214 posts