Lita in trouble in Brizzle?

341 posts
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 16:19

zac naloen
Sounds like he was a victim, not a perp. And a fight over a girl? News to me. Who told you that one?

And I'm starting to get annoyed that everybody is assuming he is guilty before being proven innocent.

A little birdy told me that he was bottled in a fight after trying to chat up some guys girlfriend, my girlfriend goes to Bristol Uni which is where she heard it. Considering what i've heard of his behaviour towards women in Reading I wouldn't be shocked if that was true.

And whether or not he was a "victim" rather than the perp. It doesn't sound like a situation he couldn't have just walked away from.

Oh so, you believe any gossip?

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 30 Aug 2006 16:21

SpaceCruiser
Blue Hooped Moose
SpaceCruiser Sounds like he was a victim, not a perp. And a fight over a girl? News to me. Who told you that one?

And I'm starting to get annoyed that everybody is assuming he is guilty before being proven innocent.

Spacey, the club's standpoint on this (IIRC) was that he should not be putting himself in that position at all, be it victim OR perp.

Yes, that I do remember. But I still don't see why we should kick him out solely because of this.

If Jermaine Pennant can go to PRISON! and not get kicked out of his club at the time then I'm sure Leroy is going nowhere

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 30 Aug 2006 16:22

SpaceCruiser
zac naloen
Sounds like he was a victim, not a perp. And a fight over a girl? News to me. Who told you that one?

A little birdy told me that he was bottled in a fight after trying to chat up some guys girlfriend, my girlfriend goes to Bristol Uni which is where she heard it. Considering what i've heard of his behaviour towards women in Reading I wouldn't be shocked if that was true.

And whether or not he was a "victim" rather than the perp. It doesn't sound like a situation he couldn't have just walked away from.

I believe my reference to a little birdy shows that it may be slightly unreliable second hand information :roll:

Either way, he got into a fight in a club and he came out the worst for it. Funnily enough i can go out 3 times a week at uni and never get into trouble.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 16:25

zac naloen
SpaceCruiser
zac naloen

I believe my reference to a little birdy shows that it may be slightly unreliable second hand information :roll:

Either way, he got into a fight in a club and he came out the worst for it. Funnily enough i can go out 3 times a week at uni and never get into trouble.

Ah so you are assuming that Leroy Lita gets into a fight every week? Oh and you asked me if I didn't remember him being bottled in a fight over a girl. How was I supposed to know about the fight over the girl bit if it's some unreliable gossip and you seemed to pass it off as fact.

ferret

by ferret » 30 Aug 2006 16:30

My god i cant belive Spacey is about the only person whose posted on this thread in the last few pages with any sense.

Until Lita gets charged for this, thats if he does. He's innocent until proven gulity so people saying we should kick him out until they know the full story are just idiots.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 30 Aug 2006 16:33

ferret My god i cant belive Spacey is about the only person whose posted on this thread in the last few pages with any sense.

Until Lita gets charged for this, thats if he does. He's innocent until proven gulity so people saying we should kick him out until they know the full story are just idiots.

Plenty of people (not me, I hasten to add) are willing to believe that smoke can't exist without fire in other cases, so why are surprised that they would make a kneejerk reaction to this?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 30 Aug 2006 16:35

ferret My god i cant belive Spacey is about the only person whose posted on this thread in the last few pages with any sense.

If he needs to be released on bail which is whats happening this afternoon by all accounts he's already been charged and the next stop will be a court hearing.

Ah so you are assuming that Leroy Lita gets into a fight every week? Oh and you asked me if I didn't remember him being bottled in a fight over a girl. How was I supposed to know about the fight over the girl bit if it's some unreliable gossip and you seemed to pass it off as fact.

What the hell are you babbling about Spacey?

You have a habit of taking statements out of context and twisting and them, thats call being an idiot by the way.

My statement about the girl was facetious and secondary the main point. That he got bottled in a fight in a club. You said you don't remember that.

I never suggested he gets into a fight every week, i stated that i and all of my mates at uni can go out every week for over a year and never get into fights. and so can 99.9% of the other people at my uni. So can a vast vast vast majority of the population. Its a little odd that trouble has managed to find him, especially when he's already on a warning from the club and it would be in his best interest to avoid trouble.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2006 16:35

i drink alot, go out alot, never get into fights though
i have a friend who always does-and everytime he says it wasnt his fault-i even agree mostly but its always him it happens to
after a while u have to come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with what they are doing-and need to change something in their attitude.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 16:44

zac naloen My statement about the girl was facetious and secondary the main point. That he got bottled in a fight in a club. You said you don't remember that.

If you re-read my posts, I stated that I remember the bottling, but not any crime that he had commited that warranted a warning.

What you said in response was:

zac naloen You don't remember him being bottled in a fight over a girl and having to miss a couple of matches last season?

I don't see anything in there that suggests that you weren't being serious?

zac naloen I never suggested he gets into a fight every week, i stated that i and all of my mates at uni can go out every week for over a year and never get into fights. and so can 99.9% of the other people at my uni. So can a vast vast vast majority of the population.

So why make that comment if you don't believe that Lita gets into a fight every week? If you weren't suggesting that, then what were you suggesting?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 30 Aug 2006 16:49

So why make that comment if you don't believe that Lita gets into a fight every week? If you weren't suggesting that, then what were you suggesting?

I'm sorry please show me where i said he gets into a fight every week. Funnily enough i don't recall it.

I'll say it again, I said that I can go out every week and NEVER get into a fight. meaning that i go out a lot and never get into fights. As in Never ever. As in never ever ever. That has nothing to do with Lita getting into a fight every week, which clearly he doesn't, we'd know about it if he did and everything to do with the fact that lots of people are capable of going out and not get into fights.

That must be the most redundant paragraph ever.

Really, I don't remember. What was his crime to warrant that warning?

This is what i replied too, i hadn't seen your other posts by the time i'd replied.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Aug 2006 16:55

SpaceCruiser If you re-read my posts, I stated that I remember the bottling, but not any crime that he had commited that warranted a warning.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines Spacey and not take everything literally.

Lita obviously attracts a little bit of confrontation for some reason, maybe it's his attitude, the places he goes, his reputation, his profile as a Premiership footballer etc etc.

Whatever it is, getting into these scrapes will be harmful to his career, and at the moment it's not helping Reading FC, that's why he was warned by the club to watch what he does off the field to make sure that he's in the best shape, physically and mentally, to perform the job he's paid handsomely to do.

Fergie never let the younger players at Utd get away with too much away from the club and would pull players up for too many late nights, getting into trouble etc.

Our players are no different, and Lita and Stack seem to be the ones most likely to make the news for stupid, avoidably incidents like this and if they don't sort themselves out they might find they don't make the most of the opportunity their talents have given them.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2006 16:57

it was at 4.30 in the morning?!
hes a hucking athlete for god sake, how unproffesional is that

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 16:57

zac naloen I'm sorry please show me where i said he gets into a fight every week. Funnily enough i don't recall it.

I never said you did say that, but I said you suggested.

zac naloen I'll say it again, I said that I can go out every week and NEVER get into a fight. meaning that i go out a lot and never get into fights. As in Never ever. As in never ever ever.

Well done. What's your point?

zac naloen That has nothing to do with Lita getting into a fight every week

Right. So why say that you don't get into fights if that has nothing to do with what Leroy gets up to?

zac naloen
Really, I don't remember. What was his crime to warrant that warning?

This is what i replied too, i hadn't seen your other posts by the time i'd replied.

Again, what of it? I was replying to somebody who seemed to imply that Lita had done something so bad to warrant a warning. Is being bottled something so bad? All I remember is that the club recommended that he avoid these situations in the future. I do not know of any personal warnings or anything like "One more like that and you're sacked."

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 30 Aug 2006 17:05

Hoop Blah Our players are no different, and Lita and Stack seem to be the ones most likely to make the news for stupid, avoidably incidents like this and if they don't sort themselves out they might find they don't make the most of the opportunity their talents have given them.

What has Stack done (other, obviously, than been acquited of a rape charge)? Did I miss something?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 30 Aug 2006 17:11

SpaceCruiser
I never said you did, but I said you suggested.

Except that i didn't suggest it all, you're just imagining things

Right. So why say that you don't get into fights if that has nothing to do with what Leroy gets up to?

I say it because believe it or not spacey its pretty easy to avoid getting in fights. What you do is you walk away. Its a little suspicious that trouble seems to find certain people and not others. These people need to look at themselves and how they act and not act like utter pricks in public.

Again, what of it? I was replying to somebody who seemed to imply that Lita had done something so bad to warrant a warning. Is being bottled something so bad? All I remember is that the club recommended that he avoid these situations in the future. I do not know of any personal warnings or anything like "One more like that and you're sacked."

Again your ignoring the crux of the problem. Lita is a professional athlete. He cost his club over a million to employ and millions more to keep employed and he flaunts that, jeopardising his employers trust in him and the responsibility put in him by going out and getting into situations which are easily avoided if you have more than two brain cells. These charges reflect badly on the club as a whole and not just Lita. Thats my entire point which you seem too brain dead to see.

My relation to the fact that I and everyone I know can go out and get drunk, have a good time and NOT get into fights is testimony to the fact that going out and getting drunk does not immediately equate to violence.

This is the second time Lita has been involved in violence, perhaps he needs to look at his attitude or else his career will go down the pan.

I'm not one of the ones suggesting he should be kicked out btw spacey, I think he's a good player who needs to get his act together or waste it all away.

Biscuit'04

by Biscuit'04 » 30 Aug 2006 17:19

Apologies if this has already been posted but can't be bothered to check!

Doesn't look too good if it's true, he needs to behave himself.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... 'headbutt'

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Aug 2006 17:23

rabidbee
Hoop Blah Our players are no different, and Lita and Stack seem to be the ones most likely to make the news for stupid, avoidably incidents like this and if they don't sort themselves out they might find they don't make the most of the opportunity their talents have given them.

What has Stack done (other, obviously, than been acquited of a rape charge)? Did I miss something?

He missed a game or two (it may have just been a Reserve fixture actually) because he and his mates where doing forfeits for losing at poker. It resulted in Stack receiving substantial burning to his back with the hotel iron. He just seems to be another non-entity footballer who thinks his inflated salary makes him gods gift.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 17:25

it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 30 Aug 2006 17:42

Hoop Blah
rabidbee

He missed a game or two (it may have just been a Reserve fixture actually) because he and his mates where doing forfeits for losing at poker. It resulted in Stack receiving substantial burning to his back with the hotel iron. He just seems to be another non-entity footballer who thinks his inflated salary makes him gods gift.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. Ta.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Aug 2006 17:57

Royal Lady it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

I've always been appalled by Reading's reluctance to buy African players. However after Bikey and Lita's headbutts, and Sonko's red card, I'm starting to come around to the point of view that perhaps these people have something intrinsicly wrong with them.

341 posts